AU Where Everything Hurts and Nothing is Okay

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AU Where Everything Hurts and Nothing is Okay

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Bisley Bakur was not a kind man. He would do absolutely anything necessary to achieve his goals. For this reason, and this reason alone, he had decided to keep Ludger's parentage to himself. It was clear that Ludger was his child since he first met him. It would massively over complicate things if Ludger became aware of this fact, so he decided to say nothing.

Bisley clapped the smaller man on the back as they stood in his office.

"Are you ready to meet your new family?" he smiled down at Ludger in that way of his that was almost, but not quite condescending. "You'll be spending most of your time with them from now on, so I expect you all to get along well. If you ever have questions, those two will be able to answer them if I'm not available."
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AU Where Everything Hurts and Nothing is Okay

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:24 pm

"I'm sure we'll get along fine," rings out the light voice, his hand running through his slicked back hair as he walks alongside the man. "I've never met someone I've truly fought with." He notes, pursing his lips in thought.

As they approach the pair of men the one with long black hair offers an insincere smile. "How... minute." He states, smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "He'll probably last a week."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:42 pm

"This is Rideaux," Bisley says plainly and his favoritism becomes evident the moment he motions to the other man who was blankly staring ahead, "and this is Julius. They are my best agents. Rideaux, Julius, this is Ludger. I'm sure you'll all get along swimmingly." Bisley takes his leave to attend to one thing or another and the three men are left alone.

Julius stares at the new man in front of him. Young, likely still in his teens, but judging by his stance alone, a force to be reckoned with. Rideaux's judgement was, as it typically was, gave himself too much credit and the other person not enough. Although, there was something about this kid that really bothered him...

Without a second thought he reaches forward to adjust the silver haired man's tie. It was loose. Julius stared vacantly at his own hands they did their own thing. What the hell was he doing? He pulled away and his expression was unreadable.

"You shouldn't meet superiors with unkempt clothes," he says but the truth is, he has no idea what possessed him to do such a thing to a man he'd never seen before in his life.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:48 pm

Something stirs in his chest as he nods to the departing Bakur and allows his eyes to search the pair of agents. The flamboyantly dressed one shakes his head dismissively and leaves, clearly disinterested in even introducing himself or speaking, let alone cooperation. Ludger doesn't care. It wouldn't matter, anyways.

He doesn't notice the other man approach him until it's too late for him to avoid his touch. His eyes widen as they lock onto the man's directly above him. Merely adjusting his tie, and yet he can feel his heart pound in his chest.

"...My mistake." He clenches his jaw. The stirring feeling reaches his stomach. There's something drawing him to this man. He puts on an empty eyed smile, though it is warm. "It's good to meet you."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:56 pm

"Likewise," Julius says but his voice is devoid of anything but meaningless formality. Julius glances around for Rideaux, who must have slunk off when he was adjusting Ludger's tie, and shrugs slightly. "Bisley intends for us to do a team building exercise but seeing as how Rideaux has left disappeared I suppose it will just be us two." Julius can't help but think that Rideaux is worth so little that they should have no trouble even without him there.

In fact, it's better this way. He wants to judge this new agent's skills for himself.

"Follow me." Julius heads for the elevator without checking to see if Ludger is tagging along.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:02 pm

"I'm sure he has his own reasons." He remarks, though there's a clear hint of mockery behind them. "Usually working in pairs has better results. I guess I understand why Bakur would like us to 'get along'." He follows him at an equal pace and stands beside him, his hand resting on his hip.

Something about the way this man smells is making his gut feel only more odd. He knows there's something about it he can't remember, but he also feels like he would remember this man at all costs had he met him. Ludger says nothing to indicate those feelings, though, and keeps his plastic smile on throughout the elevator ride.

The trials are simple. Julius is a powerful man, and Ludger himself is no slouch having grown up in a gang and alone. The nobility he holds has not softened him, though he clearly does need further training.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:16 pm

If Julius had had doubts about the kind of person Ludger was beforehand, those doubts only intensified after they fought side by side. Their fighting styles are too similar for his comfort. Ludger is vicious but unrefined where Julius is calm and calculating, but the resemblance is there regardless. Julius feels like he knows this kid but he's never seen him before in his life.

Julius wants nothing more than to get answers but before he has a chance to think about getting them, their time together is over. The work day is done and gone and he can't very well trap and interrogate their newest agent. Not yet, anyway. Bisley would probably have his head if he did that. He would have time to do so later.

"We're done for today," Julius announces unceremoniously as they exit the training rooms. He fixes his hair and smooths his clothes in the elevator ride back up. He does not bother to hide his stare as he sizes up the other man. He must be missing something, some piece of the puzzle...
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:21 pm

"If you stare much longer I think I might blush." He states flatly, somehow managing to look down his nose at the taller man. A trick he's learned dealing with Marvin's 'friends'. It's no wonder he only enjoys talking with Ludger and his cats. His smile is there all the same. "I suggest buying me dinner first."

As soon as the doors open he steps outside ahead of him, single tracking until a tiny lump of fur slams itself into his legs. He scoops it up and laughs, his voice only then filling with genuine tones. "Rollo!" The cat yowls in his hands.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:30 pm

Julius frowned deeply but before he got a chance to make any sort of snappy comeback, the doors open and a lump of fur finds its way into Ludger's hands. It's the cutest cat Julius has ever seen in his entire life.

Julius digs in his pockets until he finds a bag of cat treats which he basically forces into Ludger's hands.

"Your cat looks skinny," he says, and he tries not to look like he feels. Which is to say, he tries not to act like he wants to pet the cat like nobody's business.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:33 pm

Ludger looks surprised, if not wholly perplexed by the idea that this man was carrying those treats around.

"I'm sure he'll be grateful." He laughs, lifting an eyebrow. "I wish I could say I'm surprised he made it here, but frankly, he's followed me to Drellin." He shakes his head, then offers the cat a treat from the bag. Rollo eats it like it's nothing.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:42 pm

"Cats are smart," is the only thing Julius offers him. He reaches to pet Rollo, who immediately and ruthlessly tears through the flesh on his hand. He frowns. Why did cats hate him so much? He didn't understand it. He supposed it was simply because cats were so smart that they could see right through him.

Julius held his now bleeding hand and turned away from Ludger.

"Don't be late tomorrow."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:48 pm

"He does that to everyone but me. Don't take it too personally." He chuckles and shrugs lightly. "Maybe he'll grow to not hate you, if you see him enough." He wonders, though he knows if that were the case Marvin would be able to pet him by now.

"I won't." He states as he turns to leave, waving a hand to him and walking out.

--

It's a few solo missions later until he sees Julius again and the tight feeling in his chest comes back. He puts on his smile and looks to him. "Julius. How are you?" The dour expression on his face is the obvious answer, but Ludger asks anyways. It's a little fun to try and make his expression change.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:53 pm

Julius just gives him an unimpressed look. He points to Ludger's tie instead of taking it upon himself to fix it.

"Honestly," he scolds him, looking down at him. "You're a Spirius agent now. At least try to look the part. Do I have to follow you around and nag you?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:57 pm

"Maybe I do want that." That look is better than his usual lack of expression. He offers a coy smile in stead of his usual 'warm' one.

"Maybe it's fun to have someone so composed distressed over me." He leaves the tie as it is, and maybe even loosens it a little bit.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:06 am

Were Ludger anyone else, Julius would have pushed him against the wall and choked him with his own damn tie. But then again, where Ludger anyone else, Julius wouldn't be fretting about it in the first place. It was just bothering him for no discernible reason and that in and of itself pissed him off.

Julius scoffs but says nothing more on the subject.

"Bisley has asked me to brief you on our next mission together," Julius says and begins to walk towards an empty conference room.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:08 am

Not getting the reaction he wanted (not that he could really discern what he wanted Julius to do) he tightens the tie as he locks eyes with Julius for only a split second.

"Together? Aren't you usually paired up with the red man?" Won't he be jealous, Ludger thinks silently to himself. "Oh well." He follows him along, arms crossed over his chest.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:16 am

"Rideaux is currently...preoccupied," Julius can't hide his sneer as he says it. Rideaux and his addiction to uselessly complicated surgeries. "You're his temporary replacement, so don't get too excited."

Julius closes the door behind them and takes a seat in one of the many empty chairs. He tosses a file towards Ludger. "Read it."

It was a simple mission, and Julius had the feeling that Bisley was only using it to test their teamwork. Eliminating rogue agents wasn't usually up his alley.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:20 am

"Oooh, preoccupied. How fun." He grins back. What a good expression. He takes the file and flips through it, reading it quickly.

"So, rogue agents hiding out in the Duval area. A teamwork mission this time. Bakur really wants our cooperation, doesn't he?" His eyes lock onto Julius's with no real emotion behind them. Not that he could tell what he himself was thinking, after all. The tightness in his chest is still there as he stares. "Ready when you are, superior."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:29 am

"Likely," Julius says evasively. "If you're ready, then there's no point in wasting time."

Julius rises from the table and he makes his way down to the train station. Once they're aboard, it's a short train ride but Julius intends to make use of it. They're seated in a private, secluded area for VIP passengers, which they happen to be considering Julius' rank, at least.

Once they're alone, Julius crosses his legs and looks out the window even as he addresses Ludger.

"You never told me your last name."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:33 am

He stays quiet while he boards the train, but he glances at a girl his age sitting alone as he passes by. He offers a sly, syrupy sweet grin at her and she practically turns red.

"Why don't I do you better and give you my title?" He smiles, crossing his legs over. "I am known as Ludger Orta Kresnik, grandson of Marvin Orta Kresnik." He rolls his wrist in mock formality.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:38 am

Julius catches his eye for a split second and then looks back out the window. Orta Kresnik, huh...

"...don't expect preferential treatment," he replies after a long pause.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:40 am

"I don't." He narrows his own eyes and leans back. "I got here because I made it myself." He rests his chin on his palm.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:57 am

"Good," Julius smiles slightly despite himself. It wasn't as if Ludger needed special treatment, anyway. He could easily hold his own against Rideaux, even. He would be no match for him, though. Not unless he honed his skills significantly. Perhaps that's what Bisley was expecting of them spending time together. For Julius to take Ludger under his wing. He nearly sneered at the very thought. The last thing he needed was more baggage. Bisley didn't know him at all if that was the outcome he expected.

That was what Julius thought but that was before things went down.

As they cornered the rogue agents one of them proved to be slightly more challenging. Perhaps for Julius he would have been less difficult but somehow he ended up cornering Ludger. If not for Julius' timely intervention, Ludger likely would have ended up with a much worse wound. Julius drug Ludger into a nearby abandoned building and forced the other man to apply pressure to the gash on his side.

"You were careless," Julius says even as the concern is raw in his eyes. Julius tells himself it's not concern, but aggravation at the younger man for getting reckless.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:04 am

He was careless, completely careless. The conflict in his own missions had been so simple, so mindless almost, and yet... this time he screwed up.

But...

Julius saved him.

Julius saved him. His eyes are wide, and he takes in a shuddering breath. "...you didn't... leave me there?" He asks, absolutely shocked by the act of kindness. "...You don't even know me. You don't even like me." He doesn't ask it, exactly, but the question is there and frantic. Perhaps it's the blood loss, but he feels something so warm at his heart.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:13 am

"Don't." Julius hisses and he's pressing his hands against the wound as well because Ludger doesn't have the strength to do so on his own. The last thing he needs is an agent, especially Ludger, dying on his watch. Bisley will have his head. "I'm just doing my job. Now stop moving and keep pressing against the wound while I get help. If you die, I'm coming after you."

Julius leaves him there and genuinely hopes that the strange feeling in his chest will go away.

It doesn't.

It only grows worse as he watches a doctor frantically patch the other man up. He'll live. That's the eventual conclusion. He'll be fine in a few weeks, maybe less. Definitely less, Julius thinks. That's the kind of person this guy is. For now, Ludger is placed in a hospital room in Duval where Julius is stationed to watch over him until he can be transported to the secure Spirius hospital.

"You're still conscious," is what Julius says once he's allowed into the hospital room. He takes up a seat next to the bed. "But you should rest."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top