Nothing quite like weddings to bring people together!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nothing quite like weddings to bring people together!

Post by sirenangel on Tue May 31, 2016 9:05 pm

Shizuka had never been to a wedding before (that he remembered, at least; he was dragged to them all the time as a young child and hated them), and he didn't really ever want to in the first place, especially not when he knows he's going to have to be around his father. Nana had claimed it was good for him to get out, to meet people, but he knew these were not people he wanted to meet. It didn't help that she had received his clothes to wear that night from his father--an old-fashioned button-up with navy hakama he absolutely knew would make him utterly embarrassed. Nana claimed it made him look 'strapping', only something she and her husband would ever really say these days, and agreed he was to wear it.

He curled into himself the moment he got there, greeted by family members and non-family members alike despite his not having a single idea of who they were. Unfortunately for him, he spied his father within moments of arriving, who beamed proudly at the sight of him in the clothing he'd picked out.

"Shizuka!" He exclaimed, bringing his arms out and around the boy and hugging him in the tightest hug his own small frame could manage.

"Um, hi, dad." He said, flatly, merely patting his back before pulling out of the hug with an apprehensive stare to the side. The crowd made him wish Hatsu had come along if only for his own insecurity.

"The ceremony will be soon. Then after, I have someone to introduce you to." He said, matter-of-factly, trying to hide his clear hurt at the distance his son puts between them. Shizuka can feel his heart pound at that moment. He's only fifteen, he thought to himself, there was no WAY he was getting forced into a marriage yet! His father grasped his shoulder to lead him through the crowd, and the focus in his whirring brain shifts to getting to his seat safely.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Nothing quite like weddings to bring people together!

Post by Axton on Tue May 31, 2016 10:00 pm

Bakuhatsu, who refused to go by his actual name, didn't want to be here. He was even extremely close to his sister, at least the one who was getting married, but he didn't want to be here. All it did was serve as a remainder that, all too soon, his father was expecting him to marry and bare children. His father didn't take him seriously when he said that he was gay and he suspected that even if he did, it meant nothing. Baku was bound for the throne whether or not he wanted to be. The only thing that could really stop him would be his death or someone's blood on his hands, and neither option was particularly viable. Not that he was particularly careful with his life, which was evident by the fact that he was on his fifth glass of some frilly, plum tasting sparkling drink he had found at the open bar.

He was glad the ceremony was over and he didn't have to sit down any longer. He wandered listlessly through the crowd and eventually made his way to a wall in the back away from the crowds for just a moment of respite.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue May 31, 2016 10:12 pm

The ceremony was... dull. Shizuka almost fell asleep if it weren't for his father noticing each time he would nod off--and even in those cases he'd let his head loll back right away with no real worry over what the consequences would be. They shuffled into the reception area again, and his father grinned to him once again. As if Shizuka would smile back.

"Come this way! The man whose daughter was married today has a son about your age. He's rough, but I'm told he's a good man. I'd like you to strike up a friendship with him, if at all possible." His voice, still raised over the crowd, seemed to slightly falter at the end of the sentence. "I... wasn't told his name, but I'm sure he'll tell you it. You're a good boy." Were they any closer, those words would mean something. But Shizuka merely looked aside and sighed.

At least it wasn't an arranged marriage, he thought to himself as his father had him stand in place by the least crowded wall. Hiroaki waded through the crowd at the side, searching, then clasped his hand onto Baku's shoulder with his usual grin.

"Baku! Do you remember me? Kanbayashi, I'm a friend of your father and mother's. I have someone I'd like to introduce you to!"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Baku squinted at the older man and then shrugged. Nope. Nothing. His eyes wandered to the kid at his side. About his age, maybe two years younger. Cute, but huge. Baku frowned and felt self conscious for a moment. He suddenly felt even shorter than normal, which was a feat considering his height of 5'7''.

He stuck out his hand to the kid. "Bakuhatsu," he said with a grin. "But everyone just calls me Baku."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:31 pm

Oh no. He's really intimidating--his hand trembled as he shook the other man's hand. Shizuka can tell his anxiety is really obvious--and it only makes his anxiety even worse. He musters a weak smile and tries to make eye contact if only once, then darts his eyes away.

"I... I'm Shizuka." Nice. One sentence. His father was already gone when he turned to look to him for any semblance of guidance. "...she, uh, she is your sister, right?"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:34 pm

Baku hadn't let go of his hand. Damn, he was tall as hell but he was shaking so bad he might as well have shrunk down to his level. He could handle that.

"Yep, Suzie." He looked away, around the crowd, but she was nowhere to be seen. "Obsessed with America. Broke dad's heart. He's pretty old school. Most guys around here are, though."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:42 pm

The way he spoke relaxed the trembling teen just a little bit--it really was a relief to speak with someone his age rather than the usual business-like procedures. He exhales a long breath when Baku looks away.

"My dad is too." He said, pulling his hand away and rubbing his neck. "These kinds of things... just stress me out..." He admits, furrowing his brow. "I can't imagine ever getting married."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:48 pm

The thought makes him physically ill so he grins at him even wider.

"Me either. Marriage is for chumps. Monogamy is for chumps." Baku jokes. "Besides, women are annoying. I should know, i grew up with six of them."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Shizuka can't stifle his smile at Baku's words.

"Girls are nice enough, but... I've never met a girl I wanted to stay with forever." He admits, crossing his arms over. "I don't want to be alone, but..."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:02 pm

Baku leaned forward, which was less intimidating than it would have been if Shizuka was shorter than him, and sad, "who needs women, right?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:07 pm

The closeness makes him flush red. He catches his eyes for a moment, and laughs in a nervous way. "Do you, um, want to find a table to sit? I... didn't come here with anyone, and I have no idea where father went."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:14 pm

"Sure," Baku pulled away and lead the way to a secluded table and plopped down at his seat. The party was slowly but steadily dwindling down so it was pretty quiet. He shoved his feet on the table and leaned back in his chair. "Take a seat."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:18 pm

Shizuka sits right next to him, uncomfortable if only because the stiffness in the shirt was unusual for his choice of clothing--he runs a hand through his hair and leans forward at the table on his elbows. "I wish I could have stayed home." He mutters, looking unto the still chattering crowd. "...or done something more interesting, like go to the park."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:39 pm

"Next time," Baku says, "I'll take you somewhere really fun. Deal?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:42 pm

He offers a little smile and looks to him, chin on his palm. "What do you mean by fun? I'm... not into loud places, so if it's loud, uh..." The idea of spending time with him again, even then, does make his face light up if only by a little bit.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:14 pm

"Aw, no fun," Baku teases as he fixes his pompadour. "A movie, then?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:36 pm

"A movie? That would be... nice." He nods. "I haven't seen a movie in a long time..." He's not sure why, but he feels excited, almost, his stomach doing a turn in anticipation.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:12 am

"Favorite genre," Baku asks suddenly. "And don't lie to me, I'll know."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:15 am

He widens his eyes, looks to the side, furrows his brow tightly, then almost equally suddenly shouts "Horror!" Maybe not what anybody expects, but after many a night spent staying up way too late because he got caught in them, it's definitely the truth.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:55 am

"Ahh, what?" Baku rubs the back of his head but he's smiling like an idiot regardless. "Really? Not...what I would've expected but alright. We can see a horror movie, sound good?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:07 am

"Awesome! I don't find a lot of people who like horror as much as me." He admits, looking aside momentarily. "...My uh, bodyguard? I guess? Hates it. He cried once because a character he liked died..." He whispers the last part, even if that's not really necessary seeing as they're alone.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:14 am

Baku frowns suddenly. "You have a bodyguard?" He asks, and it's less because he finds it unusual and more that he had been hoping Shizuka was like him, left to fend on his own because he's part of a far off branch family. "Does he, uh, go everywhere with you?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:18 am

He laughs at the word, covering his mouth. "It's so mean of me to say, but... he's more like my real dad than a bodyguard." He explains. "He's my nanny's husband, and... he does usually come with me. But... I want to be more independent. So I made him stay home."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:31 am

"...is he gonna come to the movies with us?" Baku asks, crinkling his nose at the thought.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:36 am

"I mean... not if you don't want him to. If something happens... you'll be there, won't you?" Ah, the innocence of a fifteen year old sparkles in those eyes.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top