Cabaret Clubs and Blackmail Rarely Mix Well

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cabaret Clubs and Blackmail Rarely Mix Well

Post by Axton on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Every night was pretty routine for Isamu now. Or rather, Junko, as he was known at the cabaret club he worked for. It catered to a very specific type of clientele; namely, gay men. It was kept pretty quiet, so as to not draw attention to itself. Isamu was one of a handful of hostesses. Not the most popular, not the most unpopular, and he only worked a few nights a week due to his real job.

At the moment, he had no customers which was fine with him. He smoked a cigarette at the bar, eyeing the rest of the floor and waiting for his shift to end. He briefly wondered if he would see his brother tonight, and prayed he wouldn't. It was insanely difficult to continuously flirt with him so openly. It left a bad taste in his mouth. If his brother ever found out it was him beneath all the makeup and the wig...he would probably die of embarrassment.

He put his cigarette out, a bit more forcefully than necessary.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cabaret Clubs and Blackmail Rarely Mix Well

Post by sirenangel on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Yuuya is not the kind of man his family so desperately wishes he would be. Be it family by blood or by business, there's talk about him constantly circling the air of the city. His particular brand of notoriety is looked down upon by both his brother and his father, and he imagines his late mother would be especially disappointed. He wishes he cared, sometimes, but as he walks down the street from another successful (if not somewhat violent) collection he's thinking of nothing but booze.

This particular club wouldn't be of much help dispelling the rumors about him. A cabaret club would be one thing, but this particular one... well, let's just say he'd have a hard time surviving if any of the family found out. He surveys the area subtly, betraying his gaudy appearance with surprising caution. He enters wordlessly, his face brightening instantly.

"Shouko-chaaaan!" He leans onto the manager's desk, grinning ear to ear. "Is Junko in tonight?~"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:02 pm

Isamu felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. He smoothed out his tiny, form fitting dress and tried to look happy about his most frequent customer's return.

Shouko smiled, giggling to herself. She knew precisely how much Isamu despised this particular customer, although not the specifics. "Right this way, sir," she said, bowing slightly as she took him to an empty table.

Junko sighed deeply, straightened herself out and took a seat next to Yuuya.

"How have you been, darling?" she asked, tucking stray pieces of hair behind her ear.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:09 pm

"I'm always good, but I'm better when I get to see you, Junko-chan." He reclines in the seat, stretching out an arm against the back of the couch. He rubs an eye with a yawn, already relaxing a little bit at the familiarity of the bar. It's kind of dead today, he notes. Not that he much minds that, it's preferable to the place being full. He meets her eyes with his standard, cocky grin. "Champagne. Like always."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:13 pm

"Of course," she says, waving down one of the servers to bring them drinks. She adjusts herself a bit, getting more comfortable, or as comfortable as one can be when her brother is sitting right next to her, grinning like an idiot. "How has work been for you?" Junko is very aware of how work has been, but she has to make conversation somehow.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:17 pm

"Boring. Boring and hectic, if you can believe it." He snorts, eyes on the server the whole time. "Sick of the senior members, sick of the junior members, sick of them all. But yanno, results's all these guys care about. So I keep going. What can ya do?" The drinks don't take long to come to their table and he takes a long sip of his, sighing as he sets it back down.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:28 pm

Junko sips hers as well, eyeing him as he drank. Work was anything but boring lately, but he supposed it didn't matter what Isamu thought at the moment.

"Sounds rough, darling," she says, doing her best to sound sympathetic. "If you're doing your best, what else can you do?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:36 pm

"Even if I do my best they all hate my guts, so who cares?" He smirks humorlessly. "I'm going to keep doing what I do best--drinking. And keep pushing on until I die." He takes another long drink as if to punctuate his words, licking his lips of the drink. He rubs his forehead, feeling a pang of guilt for throwing this at her.

"Sorry, Junko-chan. I... just had a fight with pops--boss, and uh, been thinking about it all day. Tell me how your day is instead." He shoots her an almost apologetic look.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:42 pm

Junko nodded, looking elsewhere. So he was in trouble with their father again. Isamu would have to soothe his anger somehow, after he was done with work. It looked like Yuuya might be his last customer of the night, so he would call their father and clear things up afterwards. Somehow. Again.

"My day has been boring until you showed up, Yuuya-chan," she said, winking at him. "I always miss you when you're gone, you know."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:51 pm

From a woman, this wouldn't make him react at all, but hearing Junko say something like that always puts a smile back onto his face. He knows she's being paid to, and he knows she says it all the time to other guys, but something about getting praise from her makes him truly happy. Even if it's fake.

"Awh, thanks neechan." He teases back, rubbing his neck with his free hand. He takes another sip with a sigh. "Days feel so much longer lately, but getting to sit and just chat and drink here is one of the last things I actually like, you know? God, I'd hate to think what either of them would think of me."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:57 pm

Junko smiled softly, hiding her sigh. It had been a shock the first time she had seen him, and he had expected the worst but it had been some months and he had never recognized her. Although, Isamu did have some questions about how, apparently, he was Yuuya's type. The thought made him both uncomfortable and excited in ways he couldn't explain. He did love his brother, despite it all, after all.

"I wish I could sympathize more," Junko said softly. "I could never tell my family about this side of myself, either. It would be...disastrous."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:06 pm

"Ay, just the fact you even bother to listen to me complain like this is enough. Sympathy or no sympathy." He shrugs a little, meeting her eyes for just a second. "Hope you don't have to go through that, anyways." He's a little curious about her family situation, but he keeps quiet about it--it'd be rude, and he rather likes it here and would really rather not be that kind of guest anyways.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:10 pm

"That's what I'm here for, silly," she says, smiling. She lets out a small laugh. "You're actually one of the best customers I have, you know. Always so sweet and well mannered. If only all of my customers were like you."

She smiled at him. It was true; when he could forget that it was his brother, Yuuya was his best, most polite customer.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:16 pm

Yuuya grins, and tips his glass in a little toast, feeling his face heat a little bit in a surprising amount of embarrassment.

"Well, you know..." He mutters, his eyes darting aside for a moment, if only so he didn't have to look at that cute smile for too long. "I like you a lot, after all." To distract himself from that honesty he takes a long drink and finishes off his first glass.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:24 pm

Junko was giggling at the compliment, but on the inside Isamu was screaming. How had he so thoroughly managed to inadvertently seduce his own brother. The thought made him feel warm and guilty both at once. He adjusted his skirt.

"I'm glad," he said, playing off of the heat building in his stomach and swallowing his guilt. "I'm very fond of you too, Yuuya-chan."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:29 pm

He laughs, then clears his throat nervously, and grasps at a pant leg to center himself a little bit.

"Ahehe.... I, er, thank you." He mutters sheepishly. "Your... dress is nice, tonight. It's new, right?" He tries valiantly to distance himself from the previous train of thought in his head. It works, sort of.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:35 pm

"Oh, I'm glad you noticed," she smiled at him. "It was expensive but I knew I just had to have it. Although, finding any clothing in my size is...arduous."

She laughed. "As I'm sure you can imagine."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:42 pm

"It's a shame it's so difficult, your size is definitely one of your many charm points, Junko-chan." He notes, with a little wink. "Let me buy us another so you don't have to worry about the cost as much, yeah? Made plenty today, only fair to share."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:47 pm

Isamu has never wanted to die quite like he does at that very moment. How did his life turn out so goddamn weird?

"Oh, you're too sweet on me," she says but she desperately needs that drink.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:53 pm

"Honestly? I'd do just about anything for you, so don't worry about it."

This is terrible, he thinks, heart pounding as he flags down the server for another pair of drinks. I've fallen way too hard. There's only one way this is going to end and it's not going to be a pretty way.

"After this one I need to head out, though. Got some errand to run." And he needs a smoke, desperately.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:16 pm

Relief and disappointment hit him at the same time. He hides it as well as he can.

"Of course, darling; whenever you're ready," she says sweetly. Perhaps too much so. Isamu worries his tone betrays his true affection for his brother in ways Yuuya likely can't understand.

She takes too long of a swig of her drink when it comes.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:24 pm

"I'll come see you again soon, though. I don't like being away from here very long, honestly. The other clubs are just too much." He sighs, and takes a long drink of his own glass as well.

The drinks are finished between some light talking about a relatively large construction project taking place in the city; Yuuya tips as heavily as he usually does and bows to the manager on his way out. He exhales a long breath he didn't realize he'd been holding once he gets outside. He leans against a wall of the alley, the dark illuminated by the fire as he shakily lights a cigarette.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:36 pm

And just like that, it's over again. Junko makes her way to the back room, wipes her makeup and takes her wig off and more or less becomes Isamu again. He looks at his pathetic self in the mirror, sighs, and pulls his phone from his pocket.

Talking to his father is like talking to s brick wall. It's exhausting on every level. Halfway through he needs some air or he's going to lose his mind trying to reason with him.

The alleyway is a familiar sight for him; it's how he always leaves. He's so busy on the phone, trying to calm his father, he notices little else.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Yuuya feels as empty as ever, standing in the alleyway, taking long, almost too long drags of his cigarette.

He's never not cautious out on the streets because of his life and upbringing, especially in the dark places; and that's how he hears his own name said in hushed tones. He pauses momentarily to listen in quietly, and recognizes the voice with ease. That's Isamu. His heart jolts--had he found him out? He moves to the edge of the building to spy into the other alley intersecting this one and spots her. Junko, on the phone.

He doesn't want to accept it or think weird shit by accident, so he pauses, biting his lip hard enough he almost draws blood, and listens a little longer. Surely enough, Isamu's stoic, cold voice comes out of her painted lips and he feels... he doesn't have a name for it. Something kind of like betrayal, or horror, or apprehension. No matter what he feels, he waits for the conversation to end, smoking idly. He puts out the cigarette and crams his hands into his pockets as he approaches.

"Oy," He calls, a grin on his lips. "...aniki."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 pm

No. Yuuya had left. He had left already. Isamu forces himself to look, and sure enough, it's his brother. His first instinct is to wipe off his makeup, as if he hadn't been thoroughly caught by now. Besides, he's still very much in the same dress as earlier. There could be no mistaking his identity.

Isamu's blood ran cold.

"...Yuuya," he says, quietly, in his own tone, not that of his much cheerier counterpart. "I..." he couldn't think of anything to say. His mind was blank.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top