Lex and Luka

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lex and Luka

Post by sirenangel on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:59 pm

Time is so much more fluid when you're keenly aware there is an endless amount of it; as long as human beings exist Luka Travis will be able to survive. He's spent these years as a sort of drifter through the art community, painting portraits some claim to be life-like enough to walk out from the canvas. He disagrees, but who is he to argue with praise? He'd sorely longed for it all his life, and if it took a little bit of mystery to gain it... well, one takes what they can get.

Even with their praise at his work he feels it is not worthy; when he sees the portraits he's made himself and the portraits he's been painted in he feels an emptiness he hasn't had fulfilled in over eight years. The source of the pain is none other than his younger brother whom he so cruelly cut himself away from so many years ago. He misses him so much, enough it's all he thinks of. It paints a languid, solemn and brooding expression on him that for whatever reason, draws in a mass of women. One of which owns an art gallery he's currently occupying.

On a rainy Thursday night, reclined on a couch he reads over the exhibition listing and spots a very familiar name; Lex Travis. His heart would have raced, if it still did anything. Biting his lip he eyes the pamphlet over and confirms the time is indeed tomorrow night.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Lex and Luka

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:13 pm

He runs his hands over the smooth marble, tracing the edges of a carved arm as he stands in the art gallery completely alone. It's just him and his sculptures now; the male forms intertwined in intimacy and him standing alone with his creations. Lifeless men poised in passion surrounding his very empty life.

He adjusts his glasses and lets his hand fall from the sculpture. It's always these times that cause him to pause the most. After the art gallery is closed and everyone is gone and he's alone with just his works of art and his thoughts and himself in his endless loneliness. The fake wife that he parades around his parents to appease them while he fucks his students in his office after hours. In the end, he has no one but himself and the beautiful but fake men he sculpts to ease the loneliness.

It had yet to work.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:21 pm

The gallery show wasn't a very large affair, Luka had discovered, but in all honesty he'd preferred it the other way around. As much as he loathed big crowds he found it easier to hide amongst them, at the very least. But this worked, too. The patrons shuffled out after an announcement of closing, but he did not, lingering behind and eying the only person left. Humans don't notice him until he wants them to, generally, so the staff never really noticed a thing.

He approaches the man--his brother, he corrects himself, because while he did still look somewhat similar he had certainly filled out. And grown taller. Luka stifles his nerves and smiles a little.

"...You've really gotten better than me, huh?"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Lex jumped and whirled around. His entire face turned bright red at having been caught in his quiet contemplation of his own life.

"Oh, err, I didn't realize--" he stammers, "I thought I was alone."

Then he gets a really good look at the man he's looking at. The resemblance is striking. So much so that he looks around again, and when he sees no one, he's very sure he's somehow hallucinating. He's finally lost it; gone totally delusional.

"...Luka?" he says, despite the fact that he knows it's impossible.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:32 pm

The first thing Luka thinks is this is the first time he himself has blushed in a long time. The second thing he thinks is how handsome Lex has gotten. He rubs his neck sheepishly.

"Ah, I'm... Sorry I startled you. But, yes, it's me." He says, shoving a hand into his long cardigan pockets. "...I'm sorry it took me so long to come see you."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:39 pm

Lex stares at him in awe.

"But...how...you're...so young," he says, eyes wide and mouth agape still. He moves over to him, cupping his cheeks and examining his face at every possible angle. "Where have you been?! Why did you never come see me? Why right now?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:43 pm

As his face gets squished he turned redder yet, shocked he's even able to. Though he supposes he had just ate, which still doesn't really answer it.

"...Uhm, I, well, I saw your name on the gallery list, and I'm... f-friends with the curator." He stammers, his red eyes widening. "...Could we, ah, talk somewhere less... public?" Even the staff could listen in. Lex certainly sees his fangs as he speaks, Luka thinks begrudgingly.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:59 pm

"I live nearby if that would be more comfortable for you," Lex says but his eyes have barely left him, as if the thought of looking away was unbearable. If he looked away and looked back, would Luka still be there?
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:10 pm

Luka smiles, a real, genuine smile he hasn't felt in a long while, and nods firmly.

"Yeah, that'll be fine." He says honestly, and to ease his clear fears a little bit he offers his hand.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:31 pm

It's a short walk to his apartment. Despite being "married" he doesn't even live with his wife. She is no more interested in him than he her, and so they keep separate company except during holidays and other family events. It keeps both of their families appeased and is mutual if not lonely, at least on Lex's end.

He lets Luka into his messy apartment, apologizing quietly about the mess. Art materials and textbooks where scattered absolutely everywhere in his house, which was more art studio than anything else. There are only two chairs in the entire room and he seats himself on one, gesturing for Luka to sit on the other.

"So," he says, adjusting his glasses gain. "...you have a lot to explain, you know."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:34 pm

The mess is one familiar to him; Lex has always been kind of messy in how he kept his spaces and it isn't a surprise to see it's still the way he operates even now. Luka settles in the chair, crossing a leg over the other somewhat nervously, clearing his throat to calm his nerves.

"I... really do." He says, and plucks his hat off to set it at his side. "...I, uh... I don't really expect you to believe what I say, but... do know I'm telling the truth." He sighs, furrowing his brow.

"Do you remember when... I got into that fancy art gallery, in 2007?" He asks, hoping it doesn't sound like a brag. It definitely does, but...
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:37 pm

"Mmhm," Lex says, pursing his lips. He examines every detail of Luka that he can; all of it is exactly as he remembers from the very last time he saw him. Not a thing has changed despite the years they've been apart. Lex touches his hair, suddenly feeling extremely self-conscious about his rapidly graying hair despite his age.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:40 pm

"...And you remember, how, erm, that weekend... I ended up staying out until that Monday morning?"

He looks aside momentarily, steeling himself.

"...I... died. That weekend. I was killed by a woman who came to the exhibition. She held me captive and..." This would make his heart pound if it could. He's never admitted this to anyone, not a single soul.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:12 pm

"O...okay," Lex says, trying to wrap his mind around the very strange and unbelievable way this was unfolding. He suddenly wished he had made himself something to eat or drink because it could at least distract him for a moment. Instead he stared intensely at his brother from across the way.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:15 pm

"...And uh, when... I say 'died', I mean... literally. She... bit me. And I'm... undead." He's never been good at explaining himself, and it really shows here. "It sounds outrageous, but I'm a vampire, I... guess. And I tried to hide it from you, and mum and dad, but..." He sighs and covers his eyes with a hand, looking aside. "...but I could only do it for a couple of years before I just couldn't anymore. And I thought... you hated me, so I... left."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:25 pm

"Wait, like....." Lex steeples his fingers as he thinks, scrunching his eyes closed in deep thought. There's a lot to parse here and his brain is trying its best but there is just so much. "So....you're...like a vampire vampire? Fangs and no sunlight and drinking blood and the like?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:27 pm

"Um... yes. Well, I mean, sunlight is okay but not, like... good. But... yeah. Fangs and blood, and erm, no... aging. As you, uh, can probably tell." He rubs his neck with a sigh. "...it took me a while to decide whether or not to come see you, because, um... that fight..."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:32 pm

"That was nothing!" Lex exclaims, exasperated. "I was stupid! And you were stupid! But who cares, it's over and done with and you're back and..."

He leans back in his chair, sighing loudly. "And we can finally be together again!"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:36 pm

It was nothing? He wonders about that, but tries to push it out of his mind. If Lex wanted it in the past forever as bad as he seemed like he did, then Luka supposes that's fine enough by him.

"You're... really okay with me?" He asks, somewhat meekly. "...I'm sorry I left. I should have... at least said something, but I was scared, and scared I'd get found out." He clears his throat to change the subject.

"So you, ah, moved to sculpting! Your work is really incredible now."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top