An Idiot Wizard and a Smart Barbarian Walk Into A Bar...,

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: An Idiot Wizard and a Smart Barbarian Walk Into A Bar...,

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:30 pm

"Well, what do you want? I can't imagine they have the highest tier food here, but go ahead and think of something." Arthur leans back in the booth with a little smirk on his lips. "Mm, I don't know about the bed. They really don't have very good cots, I'd hate for you to hurt your back on it." He swirls the tankard idly, feigning concern.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Vrinn pauses to think about what it really is that he wants at that moment. He looks to Arthur, and then to his mug of mead. He downs the rest of his mug and goes to order more before his thoughts get too explicit in nature.

When he returns, it's with two plates of the special; steak covered in a thick purple sauce and pink miniature cabbages. And two more glasses of mead. How he juggled it is beyond even Vrinn's knowledge.

"Fine, Sylvi gets the bed, we sleep on the floor together," he says, nodding. Sylvi yips from the floor.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Arthur smirks a little bit at the very clear thought process cranking its way through the elf's head. The floor certainly isn't great, but the cots aren't either; and he cannot say he'd mind getting closer to the other, even with his mental shortcomings. He braced himself to finish his first glass of mead.

"Fair enough," he notes, licking the bitter ale off his lips.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:43 pm

He's stupid, he's drunk and he's hella gay but even he knows its a mistake to get involved with your business partner. So he smiles awkwardly and shoves food into his mouth.

"'S good," he says, eyes lighting up. "I haven't eaten in 3 days."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:47 pm

"It is!" He eats with an alarming fervor. The food is gone all too quickly. "I can't imagine how it feels to eat so infrequently! I have to eat... hm. I think it's every three hours or so--I use a lot of energy." He rolls his neck and sighs faintly. The alcohol is only barely hitting him; just enough he can feel it, but not enough that he feels drunk.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:50 pm

"Oh, if I had the money I would eat aaall the time," he says honestly. "Food is my passion. Not cooking it; just eating it."

He leans back in his chair, rubbing his full tummy.

"Wellp, ready for bed when you are, big guy."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:56 pm

"I enjoy cooking, but was never exactly good with it. I adore food, as well." He pushes himself out of the booth and asks for the price at the bar; much cheaper than he'd thought Vrinn's order would cost him in all truth. Once squared away he motions for Vrinn to follow him to the room, upstairs from the bar.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:47 am

Typically when he was in this situation, there would be little sleeping about to happen. Vrinn pushed himself to his feet and pretended that wasn't the usual case as he trudged up the stairs, familiar in tow.

"So, what did you say your name was?" He asks, genuinely having already forgot but figuring he ought to remember it now that they were partners.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:51 am

"Arthur." He snorts. It's not too surprising, with a name as plain as his; he's used to repeating it several times over. "It's a family name, more or less, one that... wound up somewhat ironic." He unlocks the door and gestures for Vrinn to go ahead.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:05 pm

"Simple," he says, "easy to remember."

He's already forgotten it by the time he sits down on the bed and begins to remove his shoes and staff.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:10 pm

"Is it, though?" Arthur smirks, as he unstraps his ridiculous furry top. His clothes really don't suit him, he thinks, but they were a gift from his mothers, so he'd feel bad using anything else, but it made him look far more silly than intimidating. Especially with that cute face. He tugs his boots off and leans against the bed with a sigh.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:15 pm

Vrinn, dressed in only his tight fitting low cut v neck shirt and leather pants, stacks his outer clothes and his staff on the only other object in the room, a small table, and then stretches out like a cat. Meanwhile, Sylvi jumps on the bed and makes himself comfortable. He yawns and closes his eyes. Vrinn looks slightly jealous for a moment before he turns to Arthur.

"I don't normally do this sort of thing," he says honestly with a slight shrug. "But since we're going to be partners, maybe we should get to know one another."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:27 pm

Arthur might watch him stretch just a little bit, but darts his eyes away when the wizard looks back at him.

"I don't know what you could want to know about me. I'm not the most interesting man in the realms." Arthur smirks a little at his words, rubbing his neck and thinking it over. "I'm a mercenary... I like cats. Reading. Not... much else."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:39 pm

"Ew, reading," Vrinn says reflexively. "Who cares about that stuff. What's your favorite color, star sign, hometown, favorite food, favorite drink, turn on's, turn offs, measurements..."

He trails off, clearly lost thinking about something else by now.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:43 pm

"Quite the attention span there, Vrinn." Arthur taps him on the forehead to bring him back to reality. "How about you? I wager you're a lot more interesting."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:48 pm

"Mm," he thinks for a moment. "Not really."

He shrugs absently, smiling lightly.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:51 pm

It's almost impressive how completely blank this guy is, Arthur thinks idly.

"Good talk, I guess." He snorts, tugging a ratty pillow off the bed and reclining onto the floor. "We're going to the job board tomorrow, so get some rest."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Vrinn nods and flops onto the floor and stretches out, placing his hands behind his head. Despite it being supremely uncomfortable looking he's dozing off in a matter of moments. Despite promising Sylvi the bed he jumps down to join his idiot shortly after he lays down.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top