Rebirth--Issei/Kaz

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rebirth--Issei/Kaz

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:19 pm

Issei follows him dutifully, just like when they were children. He had always been following around his older brother. It had drove Kaz crazy when they were kids. But perhaps that no longer applied. Or perhaps it was even worse now, all things said and done.

"Ooh, is it like, a shitty little dingy apartment," Issei asks, pursing his lips. "That sounds like your style."
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:26 pm

His pace is the same as it's always been. He used to hate when Issei tagged along, but it was always because the sight of him reminded Kaz of how little his parents cared for him. He got over the feeling when his attraction to him started, but he still hated being subjected to how cute he'd become. But now he feels nothing but relief to have him tagging along this way. It's only a block away from the bar.

"Well... it's definitely not a great place." He concedes, cramming the cardkey into the door's lock. "I try to keep it clean, though." He's not kidding. It's cramped, and the wallpaper is ugly. But it is clean, and it smells like some kind of nice wax candles. The couch is ugly, but not dirty.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:31 pm

It smelled like Kaz, which he really should have been expecting, but the realization was jarring. He had spent many a night with an article of clothing he had stolen, using it as a pillow case. Although it rarely stayed that innocent.

Issei pulls away the pieces of clothing hiding his appearance. What's the use at this point? He's still got the same cute, freckled face and lean muscular body he's always had. But the scars were new, minus the one on his lip he had gotten from rough housing with Kaz when they were children. But the rest...were very new, and very apparent. Especially around the pieces of flesh that had metal bound to them. It was a ridiculous bright pink in nature but it was so in character it would have almost been weirder if it weren't.

Issei acted casual, as if this wasn't the first time he had revealed himself to another person in some time, as he inspected some knick knacks by the front door.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:38 pm

Kaz doesn't say anything about his brother's new form, not a single thing. He eyes him over momentarily, the guilt clenching his chest, then averts his eyes in shame of himself.

"Apologies are not enough, I know this." He says, pulling off his own blazer and tossing it aside. "After this long, there isn't anything I can think of to do to make up for what I did to you. So I am open to... your suggestions."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:41 pm

"I could just kill you, but that seems so...anticlimactic," Issei is teasing but in that way he does where no one is ever sure if he's really teasing or not. "Besides, dead men tell no tales and there is one I am dying," he winks, "to hear about from you."

Issei makes himself comfortable on his brother's couch, as if he hasn't been dead for some years, as if he's now a walking abomination, and as if his brother hadn't basically handed him the same sword he'd used to kill him and practically begged to die.

"Do you have tea?" he asks, smiling.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:47 pm

"It would be alright if you did." He says, voice soft, even if his pun makes him smile a little bit. "I do. I'll set the water."

Asking if he had tea was a moot point, though; it was a hobby of his and even if it made him think of the past he absolutely couldn't let it go. He moves over to the very minimal kitchen and fills a kettle with water, his eye wandering toward his brother every so often.

Even this way, he was still handsome.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:52 pm

"I don't know how much you keep up with the family, but mom and dad are dead now," Issei said, casually as ever. It felt casual to him because there was a certain detachment he now had from the entire ordeal. Mom and dad's favoritism had never garnered him the protection he had assumed it had, and now there was no longer a need to suck up to them. "Actually, from what I'm told by my contacts, our entire family line is dead. Well, supposedly, anyway; guess you change things a little bit in that aspect. Me, too, but, eh, my ability to carry on a lineage is a bit. Dubious at best."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:59 pm

"The entirety of them?" He lifts his brow. He feels... nothing. Nothing at all. Issei had always been the only person in the entire line he'd cared for even when things were 'decent'. "...I cannot say I'm surprised. It's good I'm a dead man to them, and their enemies." He snorts lightly.

"Though, I doubt our 'lineage' will carry on with me." He notes idly, looking aside momentarily. "I have no interest in procreation."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:03 am

Issei can't help himself from cracking up at hearing his brother utter the word "procreation" whether he wants to or not.

"Regardless," he says, as soon as he can stop laughing. "It's just us now. Oh, wait."

Issei snapped his robotic fingers. "I think that creepy uncle we have is still alive. You know, the, err, what's the word for it..." He shrugs. "Whatever. He's alive, I think."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:09 am

He smiles a little bit; even after this long, Issei can still tell when he's joking. It's oddly heartwarming.

"Well... he never did much care for the family. So as far as members left alive go, oh well." The kettle howls and he takes it off the heat as quickly as possible. He pours the usual blend he enjoys, and takes both cups towards the dingy coffee table. "...I think I can live with our family being just us."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 am

"It's always been just us," Issei says in a relatively somber tone in comparison to his flippant one earlier. He reaches for the cup but he hesitates when he realizes it'll be the first time he's drank a warm beverage but been unable to feel the heat on his hands. He pretends it never happened as he picks it up and holds it, feeling nothing. "Well, down to business. I'm really curious about a few things, but mostly. What did mother and father tell you that got you to kill me?"

He paused to take a sip of tea.

"Or did they not have to persuade you at all? What were you thinking that day? What made you actually do it?" he cocked his head to the side. "Why did you kill me?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:18 am

"You are right. It always has been." Having seated himself on the couch, he takes a slow sip of the tea.

"...They ordered me to. And when I said no... They said... that you wanted to kill me first." He admits, hands cupping the tea, head tilting downwards. "...and I fell for it. Part of it was... also..." 'My thinking that if you were gone, I could get over how deeply I wanted you.' He swallows down the lump in his throat. "...jealousy." Is all he can choke out.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:25 am

"Oh, well, that would explain a a lot," Issei says, so matter-of-factly that it almost covers up the fact that his hand is shaking again. He holds the cup tighter, miscalculates, and shatters it in his hands. He takes a deep breath and carefully begins to pick the shards of ceramic from his person. The hot tea didn't bother him; it had landed mostly on his robotic leg anyway.

"Yes, well, I suppose that would explain a lot, wouldn't it," he repeated calmly. He sighed. "...truthfully? The whole truth? I did. I wanted to kill you. But it was only because mother and father had told me that you wanted to kill me. Because I was the favorite. I never saw it coming. I always thought..."

He pursed his lips.

"Doesn't matter, does it?" he says, shaking his head. "But there is one other thing I...wondered about."

Issei smiles again.

"Were you at all involved in this?" he gestured vaguely to his body. "I just have to be sure."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:30 am

"No." He says firmly, even if his hand is shaking against the almost painful heat of the cup. "I... cut your throat. But I had no hand in whatever else happened." He gives up on his own cup and gingerly takes the ceramic pieces from his brother. He meets his eyes with his own single eye for what may actually be the first time that night.

"...It is selfish of me to say it, but I... missed you." He admits, setting the pieces onto the table. He had many more sets to spare, and Issei was a much more important focus anyhow.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:34 am

Issei sighed, brushing glass shards from his clothes.

"You know, I thought you were dead, too," he says, meeting his brother's gaze. His sclera are entirely black and his pupils a bright pink to match the rest of his robotics but they whir softly as he averts his gaze. "I visited your grave. Strange thing it is; to place flowers on your brother's grave, right next to your own."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:41 am

Kaz smiles just faintly and nods.

"I did the same for you." He admits, closing his eye and leaning back against the couch. "...it was a somewhat futile gesture, but... I felt like I needed to." He drapes his arm over the back of the couch and sighs lightly.

"...I don't know what it is, but... saying these things, and being around you again... is relaxing."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:44 am

Issei laughs softly.

"Almost like you didn't kill me, and then almost kill yourself, and then I was resurrected by a terrifying organization that is trying to keep me alive still, and we didn't chance to meet in a random bar in a random town," he says all in one breath. "Hey, that reminds me, you got any booze? They're telling me next upgrade gets rid of my ability to get drunk and I really don't want to deal with this life any sober-er than I have to."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:49 am

"Then I'd better get you something strong." He teases, and can't resist a sudden urge to tousle his hair. Then he realizes how familiar and awkward that move was, and turns to hide his dark blush as he moves towards the kitchen again. He grabs a bottle of fancy vodka the boss had given him for his anniversary of working there, and two shot glasses.

"To... the death of our parents." He decides, as he pours each shot and hands one off to Issei.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:52 am

"Fuck 'em," Issei says, toasting them in the only way they deserved. He pulls his hair from it's usual, messy bun, because Kaz had ruined it anyway and also he liked it down better. It was just above his shoulders, longer than ever, and messier than ever. The gentle curl his hair had accentuated by its length now. "May they, at least, stay in their goddamn graves."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:57 am

"Fuck them." He chimes in total agreement, and tosses his shot down. He coughs a little bit, heaving a sigh. He might just eye Issei over once again, enjoying how long his hair had gotten--it'd always been somewhat long, but now it suited him rather perfectly. It really is striking how fulfilled he feels, being around him again like this, even with the tension still in the air. He wants to tell him how badly he missed him, but he's said that enough already, he thinks. So he simply pours them both another set of shots in lieu of those words.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:01 am

A few shots later and Issei is unsure precisely how he's ended up shirtless (he vaguely recalls it must have had something to do with showing his brother his prosthetic arm or something or another), regardless, he is and he's currently laying on his brother's couch, pointing at him with one of his arms.

"Do you remember," he begins, slurring just slightly, "the night when I first came home with a man?" He guffaws. "I thought father was going to have a heart attack, you know? Come on, it's 2074," he paused, squinting really hard, "Or it's 20...7...whatever, it's the fucking future, who cares anymore?"

He laughed again.

"Our fucking parents cared," he says bitterly.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:05 am

Kaz vaguely remembers why Issei is no longer wearing his shirt, but why he himself has taken off his own is beyond him at this point. He laughs far more openly, now, far a soft pink and expression much, much more lighthearted than when he's sober.

"The future. People being brought back from the fucking dead, but god forbid one is gay. Or wants to not work for a syndicate." He remarks, running a hand through his own hair. "Whatever year it is, they are in the ground at long last. Of course, if that changes, you and I will fix it anyhow." He smirks a little bit.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:10 am

Issei sighed and tries to sit up, thinks better of it, and decides against it.

"Hey Kaz," he says quietly, "if, somehow, something had gone differently, and you had ended up in my position, would you want to be alive?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:13 am

"...that depends." He says, furrowing his brow just a little bit at the idea of it. "...if we still met again, like this, then I would want to stay alive. But if I were... alone. Alone, forever? I would not. I... couldn't." He can't make himself meet his brother's eyes, but he frowns lightly, a much more childish expression than his mature features would predict.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:18 am

"I just...wonder," he says, shrugging lightly. "You know, I...I've thought about if you were still alive for so long, and now I can't remember anything I wanted to say to you."

He laughs without humor.

"Isn't that stupid? Here you are, in front of my eyes, alive and well, and I don't even have the courage to-" Issei stopped himself suddenly, inhaling sharply. "...never mind."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top