Rebirth--Issei/Kaz

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rebirth--Issei/Kaz

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:07 pm

It's a long shift. Kaz prefers long shifts; they give him time away from his empty, silent apartment, and prevent him from being entirely, completely alone. He used to prefer solitude when his life was much more hectic than it is now, but now he finds himself lonely far more often than not. His boss is a kind, if nervous man who offered him a chance he wasn't sure he could get, and for that he's grateful. He tries not to press their relationship and tries his hardest to be a good employee. It's been a few years now, and not a soul from his past life has come calling, so that coupled with his hard work has engendered a bond between them, at the very least.

It's a dead shift, too. Only one man was drinking in the corner of the bar, and even he had left in short order. The fan quietly oscillates back and forth, and he decides it's best to take his mind off the deafening silence besides it by doing a few dishes.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebirth--Issei/Kaz

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Issei has been told his liver won't last much longer, so he figures he might as well make the best of it while he still even has it. It was hard enough to get drunk nowadays as it was, he wanted to make the best of it while he still even had it. It was an unusual feeling; he used to take two shots and black out. Now he felt like it was practically a waste of alcohol.

He hopes that no one looks at him too closely, he's between errands and he doesn't want to be made. He's infamous as it was and this was a town that was particularly hostile towards androids, who knew what they'd do to a cyborg.

Adjusting the wrap hiding his chin and his sunglasses hiding his eyes, he take a a seat at the bar and sighs.

"Whatever's strong and cheap," he says, leaning onto the counter. He fumbled with the gloves on his hands, trying to look casual.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:37 pm

The shock of green hair is a little jarring, and the voice is familiar. He cannot place it, though. Kaz adjusts his own shades and smirks a little bit, taking a glass aside.

"It's a hard combo you ask of a bar." He jokes, but the tone of his voice doesn't really change, and his accent definitely doesn't make it sound as lighthearted as he means it. He pours the man a glass of vodka and sets an ice cube into it before sliding it over. "Vodka." He notes, even if it's rather obvious, and wipes down the droplets on the counter he'd missed before. The man's not the strangest patron he's ever had, so he doesn't behave any differently than usual.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:53 pm

Issei stares at him for longer than he intends. But he can't believe it. It must be some sort of strange trick. Maybe he's really missing his brother? Not that that was actually different than usual; Issei found himself missing his brother often. But he was dead, just as he was, now. The first thing he'd done had been find his brother, but it had been in the grave next to his own. Presumed dead. Better, he supposed, than for sure dead, like Issei. But not by much, he had thought. Until now. Perhaps his brother had survived whatever had tried to best him, unlike how he had not survived his brother besting him.

Issei doesn't even bother with tasting it, he just chugs the entire glass, ice cube and everything. He chews on it, contemplating what to say.

"Busy night?" Issei asks conversationally, leaning onto the bar counter in a way that's overtly flirtatious. It's his default state, he supposes, so despite the fact that this man reminds him of his brother, or perhaps, because of that, he resorts to his usual. Overt flirting.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:04 pm

The haste in his drinking is familiar too. In a way he wished he did not recognized; Issei always did that. He could never just take his time with his drinks and it drove Kaz up the wall whenever they drank together. He was always that way.

Kaz stares back at him behind his dark shades. Even in the dark of the bar he keeps them on; the missing eye didn't make for a very comforting look towards patrons, and impersonal shades at least created a cool air rather than a menacing one. He really does resemble Issei.

"No. It has been quiet, though, I can't say why." He remarks. "I don't much like when it's quiet." He snorts faintly, crossing his arms over his chest, shirt unbuttoned down enough to expose his muscles.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Issei nodded, tapping his fingers on the counter. They made a noise that was somehow off from the noise you'd expect them to make. He didn't seem to notice or stop.

"Me neither. Quiet is boring, and I do whatever is necessary to avoid boredom," he replies, and he wishes he could take off his glasses and really work the look he's giving him but he won't risk exposing himself yet. Not until he's sure. "You have a name there big guy?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:13 pm

"Eh... Kaz. Just... Kaz." He says, flatly. He can hear the hard tapping of metal against the counter and while he'd had an inkling of the man's nature, he has no opinion on it. Sentience was sentience and that was the end of it, in his eyes. This man, or, android, or, cyborg, or insufferable flirt, seems so much like him.

But Issei is dead. He has to remember that this man cannot be him and he should not project. That would be unfair.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:22 pm

Issei sighed slightly, a thousand thoughts whirring in his mechanical brain. There are so many things he wants to do. But there are so many things he shouldn't do, but there are also so many things he should do.

He clicks his tongue, too pink to be synthetic.

"How long have you worked here, Kaz?" he ponders, adjusting the shirt he's wearing.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:28 pm

"...Probably about 4 years. Maybe longer." He frowns faintly, trying to recall himself. "And your name?" He asks, and as pointed as it might sound he doesn't mean it to be cruel. Answering questions about himself is always a gamble, so he isn't so certain if it's an alright idea. But something in him wants to tell.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:33 pm

"Not important," Issei says, waving his hand. "Like it here? They treat you well?"

It's useless small talk but the longer he gets him to talk the more he's convinced this man might actually be his brother and even if it's untrue it's lighting a fire in his long dead heart.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:38 pm

"Come on. Am I really so interesting that your name is nothing?" Kaz laughs, and he's grateful for the cover of the shades because he is certainly red with embarrassment at the prying. "My boss is fine. And the patrons are fine. You sound like a mother." Not his, but a mother who actually bothered asking those kinds of things. He's at least heard of them, he thinks idly.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:49 pm

"I won't lie and say I'm uninteresting, it's just such the opposite that I could fill novels with tales of my exploits," he says, grinning widely and there is definitely something off about his perfectly white perfectly aligned teeth. "But I always regale people with tales about myself, I'm much more in the mood for the opposite, tonight."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:56 pm

Such confidence and sass, and a grin he knows from first sight. But he isn't alive. Issei is dead. By his hand. It hurts so badly to see someone like him and he cannot accept it. From behind his shades he shows no hint of reaction, though he clenches his arm tightly.

"I don't have a 'tale' to tell. I'm just a bartender." He says all too flatly. "I tended bar somewhere else, and then I came here." It's the truth, if only truth that stops at the start of his first bartending gig.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:58 pm

"I don't believe that. You know," he says, eyeing him in ways he shouldn't allow himself. "I am very good at getting information out of people. I'm sure you have some sort of interesting story to tell me. Almost positive, in fact."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:02 pm

"I don't even know your name." Kaz says, and adjusts his shades somewhat. "It's not the fairest of trades." He eyes him out of his only eye, frowning lightly.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:05 pm

"There are...other, better things I could give you in trade," Issei offered, oh-so-subtly licking his lips.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:07 pm

"That's... not what I meant." He sighs. "If I told you too much, who knows what you would do with it? This is not a safe city." He tries very hard to fight off exactly what that sly gesture does to him. Especially the connotations it holds, coming from someone who looked so much like Issei.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:23 pm

"Fine," he relents dramatically. "You've pulled my name from me. It's Midori."

He grins like the smartass he is.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Kaz snorts, loudly, tries to stifle his laughter, but can't. When he finally stops laughing, he wipes his eye and smirks to the other man.

"How about you tell me what you think I am." He remarks, relenting, taking off his shades and exposing the hollow of his right eye socket.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:44 pm

"Well, if you were a sick ass cyborg you'd definitely have that replaced by now so guess that's off the table," he pauses, "bar, sorry. Second guess? Pet tiger."

He grins.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:49 pm

"I've only owned a pet tiger in my dreams." He snorts softer, putting his hand onto the bar, leaning forward. "Hmph. I've never been good at dodging questions. Escaped a crime family. Are you happy now?"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Issei was beyond happy but he struggled to show it properly. All that came out was a dumb little nod.

"See? That's interesting," he said triumphantly. "You escaped a life of crime and the only thing you had to pay with was your eye. Better end of the deal than I got, you know."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:01 pm

He knows, now, and the shame he feels is more crushing than it's ever felt. More crushing than the bright, soaring happiness he feels knowing that he gets to see Issei again and the glee he did not kill, crush, destroy the very last thing that brought him happiness in that life.

"I did try." He says, after a very pregnant pause, and a heaving sigh. A tear streaks down his cheek. "I tried to die, to repent. But I couldn't, because I was a coward. And in the end I was left alone with my foolishness and my cruelty, and in the end, you were still dead."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:08 pm

Issei never knew how to deal with someone crying, especially not his own brother in this situation of all things. A primitive panic rushed through his veins.

I'm still dead, Issei thinks to himself, his thoughts briefly wandering to this rotting flesh vessel that will ultimately need to be fully replaced.

But Kaz didn't need to know this yet.

"I have...questions," Issei finally says, after an awkward pause. He's good at looking composed but he knows his hands are shaking so he folds them on his lap. "But now is perhaps not the place for them. We should...meet up and talk in private, brother."

He feels the word slipping out of his mouth before he can stop himself. It feels strangely foreign.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:15 pm

Kaz wipes the tears away before they get too plentiful and he sighs.

"...I'll close early. The boss is gone for the weekend." He says, in that unreadable tone he always has. He starts up the process in a rather hasty means, but does so with such skill it'd surprise anyone but a regular at the bar. There's not a soul besides them around, so he finishes with ease.

"Let's go. I live close by." It's been too long since he's been around Issei. He clenches his fist tightly, tucks his sunglasses into his jacket pocket, and moves towards the door.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top