My Brother The Assassin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Brother The Assassin

Post by Axton on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 pm

It was late, as it normally was, when Ezra quietly entered the apartment he shared with his "brother". Rory was not blood related to him (though he had yet to discover that fact and Ezra hoped to keep it that way), but they were family nonetheless. He locked the door using the far too many locks he had had installed on their door and then headed for his bedroom. He was tempted to check Rory's room to see if he was still awake, but...he'd rather surprise him in the morning. Besides, he was covered in blood beneath his clothes that had been hastily changed when things had run late and he hadn't time to shower before his plane ride back, and he didn't want Rory to notice. Best case, he'd be worried about how he'd gotten hurt, though he was decidedly unscathed. Worst case...well, Ezra opted not to think of the worst case in any circumstance, lest it come true.

After a night of little to no sleep, which was the norm for Ezra, he awoke early to make pancakes for his darling brother. The only thing he was good at besides killing people, as it were. Blueberry pancakes, doused in butter and covered with syrup. It was a wonder either of them still had cavity-free teeth and weren't diabetic.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Brother The Assassin

Post by sirenangel on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 pm

Rory was absolutely still awake when he heard the locks jostle; the way they did was definitely his brother's pattern (the only correct way to open up the locks) and he'd yet to hear it from anyone else. As much as he'd missed Ezra it was way easier to just keep playing his game and let Ezra think he'd surprised him in the morning. So as per usual, he did just that.

He finally fell asleep around 5 am, and only woke up because he could hear the sizzling in the kitchen (a consequence of somewhat thin inner walls). He couldn't play unawares anymore, not really. It'd been way too long a trip this time. He pokes his head out of his room to eye the living room over; Ezra's jacket lay draped over the back of the couch and it put a little smirk on his lips. He grabbed his glasses and put them on, walking into the room and yawning like a cat.

"You're finally back." He remarks, leaning against the bar by the kitchen, eyes half-lidded sleepily.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:32 pm

His brother, the only thing that keeps him human despite every horrible thing he had ever done. His sweet, sweet brother. He loved him so.

"Good morning!" he said exuberantly, despite the telltale dark circles under his eyes. "Sorry it was such a long trip, things ran...longer than expected."

He tugged his sleeves down slightly, the material straining against his ridiculous muscles.

"But I made pancakes! Your favorite," he laughed. "At least, I hope they're your favorite because they're the only thing I can cook."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:37 pm

"It's okay. Stuff happens. I'm just glad you're back and not like, dead or something." He's definitely not a pessimist.

Rory tried really hard to not stare at his arms, but it had to be clear as day that he was staring quite heavily at them. He doesn't say a thing about it though, simply smirks over to his brother and pokes him in the chest.

"'s not like I've ever not eaten them when you made them, Ez." He responds, resting his head onto his arms. "I, uh, tried to keep the sink from being a horrorshow this time." He says this a little sheepishly, looking aside.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:44 pm

Ezra looked blank for a moment and then nodded.

"Oh, oh yeah, I just did the dishes first thing, and I had to do some laundry so I started a load, too," he said, nodding slightly. He more or less reverted into a housewife the second he was home. Anything for his Rory.

He finally finished cooking his own pancakes and sat down to eat the sugary disaster.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:47 pm

"Oh. Thanks, babe." He teases his brother, even if he is actually very grateful. Rory gives a cocky grin as he sits down to eat his own plate. Even if he would pretend they aren't, his pancakes really are his favorite; he eats the entire stack of about four in far too short a time for a normal person.

"There's no classes on Monday, by the way." He notes, mouth still full of pancakes.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 pm

"Wh-don't-" he begins to argue but he decides against it midstream and just shakes his head. "Is Monday a holiday?" He tilted his head, racking his brain. He wasn't even sure of the month now that he thought about it.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:55 pm

"Hey, 's not my fault you act like a housewife." He snorts, mostly under his breath but definitely loud enough for him to hear. Even if it definitely IS his fault.

"Nah, just a snow makeup day. Yanno, the ones they'd fill in if it'd snowed?" He remarks, setting the fork down and eyeing Ezra over. "So we should do something. Or something." He pauses, furrowing his brow in thought.

"Oh shit, also. Yuri came over the other day, said he needed you for something or other." He omits that he had snuck in, and gotten maced in the face.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:36 am

"Yuri came over?" He remarked, furrowing his brow. "How many times have I told him..."

He sighed, leaning back in his chair as he played with a blueberry on his plate. For a moment as he thought, he looked truly different than when he did when he was around Rory. Pensive and contemplative, very unlikely himself. But then it was gone and he shrugged.

"We should do something," He says, nodding to himself. "Any ideas? There's the zoo, though we haven't been since you were young, or the Grove, that outdoor farmers market you also loved as a kid, or there's...countless other things I'm sure, it's LA, after all."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Rory watches him idly, studying his expressions. Ezra has such a cute face for someone so big and scary looking, he thinks, pursing his own lips in thought. At his suggestions, Rory's face fixes into a somewhat mischievous grin, leaning forward to meet his brother's eyes.

"Are you seriously suggesting the zoo?" He snickers, grinning. "How old are you!?" He teases him, standing up to go put his plate in the sink. "I'll go if you buy me a toy spider."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:53 pm

"Well, I don't know what boys your age do!" he said, sheepish and slightly defensive. He had been that age once, too, but the things he did at that age were...slightly different. "Clubs? Bars? You're too young for either, still, aren't you?"

It wasn't that he didn't know Rory's age, rather that he was unaware at what age it was legal to go to either of those places.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:04 pm

"...Ez, I'm not even out of senior year." He remarks, shaking his head as he ran the water over the dish. In all fairness, what he 'did' generally amounted to sitting at home and playing video games and scouring the internet. So he himself didn't really have a good idea on that front either.

"I dunno. You're always busy so I don't know what you like doing either." He notes, frowning a little bit.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top