Reunions Can Be So Awkward, Can't They?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Reunions Can Be So Awkward, Can't They?

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:10 am

"Really?" He asks, genuinely surprised by that, a little bit of a smile at his lips. "Are they good to you? Are you happy?" He asks, and even if he has doubts it's even him the idea of Vincent being happy with someone does make him feel better. Like maybe his decision to leave was the right one, as much as he pines for him.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:12 am

"Well..." Eos says, dragging it out for far too long. And by the time he stops, they're at their destination. He ushers Nico inside and soon they're seated at a nice, quiet corner table. He still hasn't taken his gloves off. "Soo...what do you do for fun?"
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:15 am

If he thinks he avoided the questions subtly, he was wrong, Nicolas thinks. He hides his displeasure at the topic change and he crosses his legs over, leaning on his palm.

"I've always been boring, Vincent." Except for that yearlong phase where he did nothing but skip highschool and sleep with random men, but that was something entirely different that he never once told Vincent about. "I've been reading for the most part."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:17 am

"What sort of things?" he asks, combing through the menu for their spiciest options. "Or, you know, just the bible?" he laughed at his own joke.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:20 am

As the waiter comes by he orders a bottle of their strongest sake with a coy smile his brother's way.

"I've been reading poetry lately. I don't have an aptitude for it myself, but I do like it." He explains. "The Bible is mostly reserved for when I need to study... though as forgetful as I am, that's more often than maybe other priests."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:22 am

Eos snorted despite his best intention not to but the thought of any priest having to study the bible was laughable to him. Sounds like he isn't as devoted as he oughtta be. Eos felt Vin, somewhere, feel a slight bit of relief at that conclusion, and Eos grinned to himself.

"Poetry is quite something," he says, not really paying attention to or caring for the conversation, so he decides to change it. "So, are you the marrying type of priest? Just curious."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:26 am

"If I weren't dreadfully, utterly single, I would be, yes." He snorts, shaking his head. "My superior and the church are rather progressive. I picked it because of that, actually. I don't think I could work for people who condemn other people to Hell for how they were born." He sighs faintly.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 am

"Oh, my, that is progressive," he says honestly, a bit surprised. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Vin recoils and an immense feeling of guilt colors even Eos' own feelings. Yikes. "So, what, your God doesn't hate fags and all that stuff? I always figured that was par for the course when it came to any church, honestly."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:33 am

Should he? Should he say it? Should he admit it?

"Well, I should hope not, because I am one." He remarks, averting his eyes. "...gay, I mean."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:37 am

"Oh," Eos says and for a moment he's not sure if it's him or Vincent expressing the sentiment. Eos takes it much better than Vincent, who, despite usually being calm and dormant, has sprung back to the forefront of their body, desperate for the ability to control his body once more. Eos' attempts at pushing him back are futile and inevitably some of Vincent's true self leaks out in his speech before he can push him back. "I guess that explains...well, honestly, not really. I think I'm more confused now than I was before. I don't get why you joined the church, then, when you know what kinds of people lurk in those places?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:41 am

"I joined because I know there are people who take solace in the church who need someone to show it's not a sin to exist as a gay or lesbian or trans person." He says firmly, though there is absolutely another, deeper reason he'll never admit. This reason is much more palatable for anyone but his prayers. "They deserve help too."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:43 am

"Uh," Eos says, still taken aback by this new information. It wasn't like he had expected it to come out so...frankly. He was more than glad when the sake appeared at their table. "Well, I....supposed I hadn't really known that. About you. Or whatever. You know?" He wasn't sure what to say.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:46 am

"It's alright. I tried to keep it from you, so it isn't much of a surprise you never knew." He admits, pouring Vin his sake first. "...I wanted to tell you, but I didn't know how, or where you were." He pours his, and downs it much faster than he imagines Vincent expects him to.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:36 pm

"Well...that's fair," he says, leaning back in his chair as he eyes Nico. This was certainly interesting already. "I didn't exactly try to keep in contact for...a myriad of reasons. But I'm here now, right? So that's what matters."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:49 pm

"I suppose that's true, even if it's a long time overdue." He remarks as he takes another sip to finish the small cup off. "...I am glad to finally get to tell you the truth, though." Not the entire truth, but even a little of it was better than suffering in dead silence like he had before.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:14 pm

"...how long?" he asks, swirling the drink in his glass. "...have you known, I mean?" He was curious, because he was aware of how old Vin had been, but not his brother.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:18 pm

"Since I was a child. Twelve, I think?" The length of time really is embarrassing, he realizes belatedly. He'd kept it all under wraps far too well for any of his family to get the picture. He sheepishly looks aside, sighing. "It was easier to just pretend I wasn't for them."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:26 pm

"Ah, I...see." he said, clicking his tongue. Interesting. Not particularly useful, but certainly interesting. "So, then...am I supposed to set you up with someone?" He grinned, much too much like a shark.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:33 pm

"Y-You're joking. I'm not exactly looking for anything right now, not with work." He returns, furrowing his brow up tight. The idea of that was like a bad sitcom, the object of his terrible, terrible affection trying to find dates for him... Not a chance. "You can do me one better and pour me more sake, I'd say." He smirks back.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:13 pm

"What, it doesn't sound like fun?" he teases, pouring him more sake. "I bet I could find you many a fine suitors."

He tried not to smile in that way that meant he knew exactly what he was doing and failed.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:17 pm

"I really, honestly can't say I want you to look for... 'suitors' for me," he takes a sip of the newly refreshed booze and smirks a little bit. "How would you like it if I did the same for you? I bet it'd be uncomfortable." The irony is palpable here.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:41 pm

"I know what I like in a man," Eos replies instantly, not taking his eyes off of his brother. "But you're welcome to try."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:47 pm

"Then elucidate me on what you like in a man, brother." Nico lifts a brow, returning the eye contact. This felt... dangerous. No, this was dangerous. Nico just didn't keenly know it with how drunk he was getting--the feeling was there but not strong enough to stop him from asking.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:00 pm

Eos leaned back in his chair, feigning thought at the question despite the fact that he knew the exact game he was playing. He felt Vin stir at the back of his mind, disgust and shame radiating in that place for him to feel. But the emotions meant nothing to Eos, and Vin's plea went unheard.

"Let's see," he says, drawing this out as long as he can, "I kind of have a thing for glasses, you know? Actually just nerdy types in general. Oh, and they have to have a supremely cute face, over anything else."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:07 pm

Nico can feel his face heat up. If he's being subtle, it's not working at all, but he's not sure if he wants to push him on it. He's stifled these feelings for years and year, and it's taken a lot out of him to do it. There's no way Vin would actually share them, not a chance in the world.

"Funny. I'm into muscular guys." He says, almost too quiet to hear, as he takes a sip of his sake, finishing the small glass off. As much as he fights the urge, he makes eye contact then, licking his lips of the alcohol. Not the best priest there is, the very small conscience in his mind utters.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top