Reunions Can Be So Awkward, Can't They?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reunions Can Be So Awkward, Can't They?

Post by Axton on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:18 pm

Eosphorus, or Eos as he figured was easier for most people to say (although he was currently assuming the name Vin, since that was his hosts bodies name), stood outside of the church he knew belonged to his brother (or his bodies brother; whatever). Surely he would help him out, hook him up with a place to stay and maybe some holy water and crosses while he was at it. As long as he was extra careful with it, he could still hunt demons and not kill himself. And he would be extra careful indeed.

Eos looked around the church doors before he tested out the door, carefully, gently. Since there was no immediately burning and dying, he figured his body was enough to protect him from the church. He stepped inside, looking around idly. Pictures of Jesus here, the Virgin Mary there. Pretty much what he expected.

He walked through the area with the pews, wondering where his brother could be hiding. He didn't want to interrupt him doing anything, well, unless that something was juicy. He somehow doubted that, given what Vin remembered about his brother. Would be pretty funny though.

"Hello?" he called out tentatively, hands in the pockets of his sweatshirt.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Reunions Can Be So Awkward, Can't They?

Post by sirenangel on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:30 pm

The day is winding down, and Nicolas couldn't be more grateful. The last of the children at daycare had already shuffled out and headed home, so for a moment he's got the chapel to himself. It's a pretty spacious place for how little funding they've got. Despite the size, the plaintive silence really accentuates the noise of the door opening in the front room. The chapel stays open somewhat late, and when he stays late to do leftover work he often lets runaways stay there at night, even if his superior isn't the biggest fan of that habit.

The door catches his attention quickly; he rises from his chair and adjusts his collar as he heads into the room. He doesn't know what he expects, but seeing Vincent standing there is absolutely not it. Though, he seems different; even if it's been a long time he knows it isn't simply something time could produce.

"...Vincent?" He asks, lifting a brow. "...It's been a long time."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Eos smiles widely when he sees his brother. He's different than his host body recognized him, and even though he has full control of the body, something stirs in the place adjacent to where his mind is occupying this body. It's Vincent, he realizes, recoiling at seeing his brother again. He grins wider at the realization that Vincent is extremely uncomfortable with this turn of events.

"Heya Nico," he says, casual as he can muster. "I know it's been a while, but...I kind of have a favor to ask."

He steps closer to his brother, almost too close. "...but first I was thinking we could grab dinner and catch up?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:50 pm

That smile isn't right, he thinks, a conflicted look on his face. And the closeness isn't either; Vincent used to be distant and never really stopped being distant, even if it was his own fault, Nico thinks. Before that thought can go any farther he subdues it and smiles vaguely at his 'brother'.

"...A favor? It certainly must be something if you've... actually come to see me, Vincent." He crosses his arms over. "...I... I think I can make space. I'll have to gather my things and lock up." He feels apprehension, deep in his chest, but he looks into his eyes momentarily. It sends a rather uncomfortable feeling up his spine.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:54 pm

"Sorry for the...no notice," he says, laughing quietly. He can see that Nico feels strangely about this, and the way that he's looking at him is all too good. Vincent swirls around next to his mind, the discomfort he's feeling is tangible. Eos loves every second of it. He wants to take him here and now, to violate him on this sacred ground. But it's much too early for that, so he'll have to settle for indecent thoughts instead.

"A...lot of things have come up," he says, and it's very much the truth. "But thank you for making time for me, brother."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:06 pm

"I... I always have time for family." He says, and as true as he wishes it could be, he knows it isn't really. It's been hard to try and contact any of them, after everything that's come up. Especially after a specific one thing that has come up. But that's besides the point; he was certain his brother hated him and this made him more confused than ever.

"Give me a few minutes." He says, and averts his eyes. Time has been nothing but kind to Vincent, and even if he's off, he's more handsome than ever. It's trying.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:12 pm

"No problem," he says, giving him a thumbs up.

Eos smiles widely and then moves to the entrance area to give his brother time to prepare. There was so much to discuss, after all. He toyed with a statue of Mary as he waited, idly wondering how angry Nico would be if he broke it.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:19 pm

He gathers his things, adding in a couple of precautionary measure; mostly artifacts of protection and a cross for good measure. When it comes down to it he's never been the most devout priest, but something about this is souring with him and he'd rather be safe than hurt.

He steps back out, his coat changed and collar loosened to a much more casual look than his church clothing; a thin scarf wrapped around his neck.

"I'm ready. I hope I didn't take too long, Vincent." Using his nickname would feel wrong.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:29 pm

"No problem, Nico," he says, noting his brother's lack of use of their usual nicknames. He clearly knew something was wrong. He wouldn't keep up this facade very long, he imagined, but it would be fun while it lasted. "You must be a very busy man, at least, I imagine that's why you never come to visit your ol' brother, huh?"

He guffawed and wrapped an arm around his brother's shoulder.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:37 pm

The contact makes him tense up and he turns his cheek, a faint smirk on his lips, and pats his brother's back lightly, shaking his head at him.

"Well, I would have, if you'd told me where you were, but you hadn't." Not a whole truth, but he truly hadn't contacted him whatsoever. "Though I certainly have been busy, yes. I bet you were too, though." He chuckles a little, even if the closeness makes his stomach flip.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:27 am

"Sorry, but life happens sometimes, you know?" he says, not letting go of Nico despite the obvious tension. "Oh, I've been very busy lately."

It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't Vin who had been busy lately, that was for sure. In his mind, next to his mind anyway, Vin prickled at the situation. Eos chuckled softly, pulling Nico closer still, until their faces were practically touching.

"You know, I've really missed you; it's too bad both of us got too busy with our lives, huh?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:31 am

Nico clicks his tongue at the other man, turning his cheek and ignoring the contact as best he can, given who it is.

"As you yourself said, life happens." He did miss him, that was true, but admitting it felt like overstepping bounds he wasn't willing to ignore. "I'm sure you understand, Vincent."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:33 am

"Yeah, yeah, no I get it," he said, laughing softly. "You know, it's the off season for construction so work wise I have nothing to do, and I feel like I'm getting flabby."

He lifts up his tank top to accentuate the fact that he's clearly not getting flabby.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:37 am

"You are." He snickers, offering a smirk at him. "Now put that back down, you could freeze."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:40 am

Eos scoffs but he can't help but laugh despite Nico's cold response.

"Gee, no wonder we never visit each other," he says, over dramatically leaning onto his brother. "Soo, there's this great sushi place in town I was thinking of hitting, mind if we talk over sushi and sake? Or wait, can priests drink?"

He laughed again.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:44 am

"I'm not a mormon, Vincent." He scoffs, and lightly nudges his side. "Sushi sounds fine. I hope you're not expecting me to pay." He lifts a brow, lips lightly pursed in thought. If whatever is claiming to be his brother is really so interested in tempting him, he wonders idly if a look like that would work.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:46 am

"Who, me?" he asks, grinning despite himself. No, Vin had quite the savings he was willing to deplete if it meant getting what he needed. Unfortunately for Vin, there was no easy way to say a demon possessing your body made all of those purchases. "Fine, fine, I'll pay, but you owe me."

He smirked at Nico.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:50 am

"I can't imagine what I could possibly offer to you, Vincent." He remarks, stifling a yawn. It's been a long day and he'd had an early start. Not to mention how tiring this charade is getting. "I don't have the most extravagant tastes so I can't say the exchange of debts will be worth worrying over."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:53 am

"Oh, it won't be a big favor, calm down," he says, waving his hand. He finally moved himself away from Nico, stuffing his hands into his pockets. The black ichor marking his demonic presence had already begun to seep through on his extremities, his fingers specifically. Wearing gloves was suspicious, but so was the black markings dying his skin.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:57 am

"I certainly hope not. It's not like I have very far reach, even for a priest." He remarks, momentarily eyeing his gloves. "Well. Lead the way, Vincent. I haven't the faintest where the place is."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:59 am

"It's not far," he says honestly, motioning in a direction. "You know, it's not a very big town, but it sure is cozy. I was surprised they had a sushi place here, if I'm being honest."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:01 am

"Yes, it's nice here. I'm glad to be in this town. It's familiar, but you're also given plenty of privacy." The gay scene certainly left him wanting, but that was a 'him' problem and not something he was comfortable admitting to Vin, real Vin or not. "I've never been to the place, but the preacher enjoys it."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:02 am

"Oh, silly me, I almost forgot to ask," he says suddenly as they're walking together. "How have you been? Do you like your work? I worry about you, you know."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:06 am

"I spent a lot of time working on it, I'd better like my work with how much I've put into it." He retorts, smirking a little. "I've been fine. Things are quiet here, but I sort of... prefer that. Been keeping myself entertained running the Sunday school and daycare."

"And you?"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:08 am

"Hm, well, I'm seeing someone," Eos says, clicking his tongue. "Other than that, nothing new, honestly."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top