Roomiez 4 ETERNITY

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roomiez 4 ETERNITY

Post by sirenangel on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:31 pm

At this point in his life, at this level of student debt and this level of horrible managers with a bias against him, Cyril Redfield is pretty much at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to housing options. Working for his older brothers means they favor other employees and often spite him just for the hell of it on scheduling time, and going into computer design means this school year is going to be even worse than the first in terms of funds. So it's come to this; the school housing board. He grabs the cheapest one and stares at it, resigning his fate, and solemnly tugs a scrap with the address off.

It's pretty close to the school, and the building itself isn't bad. But the apartment listed looks different than the rest. The paint on the door is peeling, and there's a stack of mail crammed into the mail slot that none of the other doors have. Already a great sign. He knocks on the door anyways, because even if he gets murdered, at least he won't have to go to school tomorrow.

After a good four minutes of dead silence, he knocks again. And again. And one more time, until the door creaks open on it's own. A ghost roommate works, I guess, he thinks idly, stepping inside.

"I'm here for the uh, roommate request on the housing board? You didn't have a... phone number. So." He rubs his neck idly, and the door slams closed.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Roomiez 4 ETERNITY

Post by Axton on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:44 pm

An audible clicking noise signals the locking of the door behind him. Then, a footstep from behind him as well. And then, a shadowy figure, barely visible in the dim light, reaching out towards him with pale, willowy hands, dark black fingernails and black, possibly tattooed dots on each knuckle. A wide, white as his skin smile visible even in the darkness veers towards him. Large black, pupiless, soulless eyes peer at him.

"Fffrriend," says the voice, its dark hair moving of its own accord behind it. "You'll be my friend, riiight...?"
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:48 pm

Cyril squints at the guy, rubs his eyes, and nods a little bit.

"I mean... I guess. But mostly I just need a room." He looks the man up and down, furrowing his brow. The apartment must be pretty drafty for his hair to move like that; he should probably buy a heater for his room if he moves in, he thinks. "Nice contacts. I'm Cyril."

Cyril was not known for his self-preservation tactics, nor his observation skills.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:56 pm

He wasn't running immediately. In fact, he was still speaking to him.

Erebus cocked his head to the side.

"It's free...as long as you clean up after yourself and...as long as you be my friend," He says, and then he grins far too widely, his canines sharp as can be. "Oh, and...my name is...Erebus."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:59 pm

"...Holy shit, for real? Like, for really real? Like for actual free because what." He babbles, more shocked by the concept of free board than the fact that this man looks like he's about to eat him. "...You got yourself a deal!" He says and sticks out his hand for a handshake, and does not regret it because it means he'll be able to buy more food even if it means he has to hang out with this dude while doing it.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:10 pm

Erebus clasps his hand in his cold fingers, far told eagerly shaking it up and down.

"Yes, yes...completely free, I am quite rich," He says, eyes wide as ever. "But I really would enjoy the company, and, I can even help you in your studies, perhaps, I am a very good mathematician or, even, foreign languages, I know many, many..."

He trails off, smiling blankly at his new friend, fingering his new friends hand.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:17 pm

A little (understatement) cold and clammy, but his hands are silky soft and he can't really be bothered to pull his hand away.

"Wow. That's seriously generous of you, but I'd feel kind of bad. Also my major is in digital design so like, it's kind of a moot point to bug you with that anyways." He shrugs a little, but smiles at the strange guy.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:22 pm

"D...digital..." He mumbles, mulling it over in his head. Indeed, Erebus was a bit lacking in knowledge of all things digital. "S...still, if you need help...I am always at home, if you need anything all...

"So, uhm...when do you want to move in...?" He asks, licking his lips.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:26 pm

"Uh, probably soon. Maybe even today? My old place isn't really far, so I can bring my stuff over easily." He explains, pulling back a hand totally casually to rest on his hip. "It took like a half hour to bus down here, so probably give me a couple hours and I'll be back for good, kay?" A laptop, a tablet, and a huge blanket aren't too rough to tote around, he thinks idly. It'll be a nice change to not sleep in a place where he has family.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:30 pm

"O...oh, so soon, I havent even cleaned...!" He says, finally letting go of his hand and twiddling his thumbs instead. "Okay, okay...I'll clean while you're..gone.."

He smiles far too widely again.

"And then, we can...hang out...afterward."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:34 pm

"Sorry to spring that on you so fast." He laughs a little bit. "But my brothers' place sucks, and... I'd rather get out as soon as I can." He explains, a little bit sheepish about the matter.

"I won't be long, though, okay?" He almost feels a little bad leaving this guy alone, the way his voice got all pitiful (and echoey???).
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:41 pm

"Okay...Okay okay okay," He says, eyes darting, or at least as well as entirely black eyes can, back and forth for a moment. "I'll try to..prepare.."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:47 pm

He gives him a little wave, and hurries out the door. As he'd hoped, he avoided an encounter with either twin and managed to duck out of the giant house as quickly and silently as possible, until he'd spotted the gardener. The man opened his mouth to say something and Cyril quickly shakes his head, mouthing a quick apology for leaving the guy to have to work for the twins, and bolts.

It's a quick ride back and he's up the stairs to the apartment faster than he thinks he's ever gone before. Free room, he thinks idly as he knocks on the door again, and I might be able to buy a real mattress too.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:01 pm

This time, he does answer the door, albeit with his head just barely poking other into the light.

"You...you did come back," He said, overjoyed, smiling. The house, although dark as ever, was much tidier now. No more garbage or anything in sight.

"I'll show you to your room...and of course, the common rooms are yours to do as you wish...I don't take on much space, so...and you'll have your own bathroom, as well..."

He trails off as he shows him down the hall, to his bedroom which is just across the hall from his own. "The bathroom is attached and it's got a few pieces of furniture, I never know how much tougher college students have..."

He says it as though he's an old man, but looks almost younger than Cyril.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:06 pm

"Wow." He says, eyeing the place over as he steps back inside, backpack slung over his shoulder and blanket wrapped around them too. "You sure clean fast."

Of course, when he sees the bed and the bathroom, he has to bite back a sob, and nearly tackles the man with a hug, wordlessly clinging onto the near total stranger. That was nicer than anything his entire family had ever done for him, ever, he thinks.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:10 pm

A hug, a genuine hug...he reaches out his hands and quietly touches him ever so gently. Of course, his very tentacley hair gets in on it as well, wrapping around Cyril in thick, slimy chunks. It was so glorious, such a good, warm hug...how he loved humans...
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Cyril shivers a little at the foreign sensation. But whatever, he's too overwhelmed with happiness to mind, really. He pulls back, but not to break the hug, simply to look to him in utter surprise and happiness.

"...Seriously, I... owe you big time. I don't even know what I could do to repay you for this." He gapes, eyes starry.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:17 pm

"Be my friend," He says immediately, smiling widely. "That's all, really, that's it. I don't leave the house often, so, I don't really have any friends and it gets...lonely..."

He brushes his hair from his face, and it leaves a trail of slime that he wipes from his face as well.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:20 pm

"If that's really all you want in exchange, it'd be really disgusting of me to say no." He snorts lightly, meeting those black eyes like it's nothing out of the ordinary. "If this is how you treat your prospective friends, then I don't really get why you have none. This is the nicest a person's ever been to me, including family."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:24 pm

"Oh, it's...I'm just kind of...strange," He says, avoiding looking at him in the face. "But...if that's okay...with you...we'll be great friends, Cyril..."

He smiles widely.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:29 pm

"If it makes you feel any better, you're the first friend I've had in a long time, too." He grins a little bit back, pulling away from the hug and patting Erebus's shoulder. "I hope so. If you wanna hang around while I set my stuff up, I don't really mind."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:38 pm

"Ooh...okay," he says, shifting his weight between his feet somewhat anxiously. He stays in the doorway, awkwardly lingering as he watches his new friend.

"If...you need...anything at all, please let me know. I have a lot of...stuff...I've collected over the years, most of it is...new."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:49 pm

"You've already done so much. Don't worry about it." Cyril shuffles around, setting his laptop onto the desk (which does appear to be basically brand new, save for a little bit of dust he blows off) and tossing his blanket onto the bed. He still feels a little giddy every time he looks at it; a shitty mattress is better than the floor any day. He sits on it to test it out and is shocked to find it's incredibly supportive and soft. He almost cries again, but stops himself and just smiles pleasantly.

"This place is really nice, even if it's a little bit drafty. Though I'm gonna need to get internet set up, but I can cover that easily, since I'll have more money. Are you hungry?" He grins up to him.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:13 pm

"Oh, I don't...really...eat..." he says, smiling awkwardly. "So, if...you're hungry then, please...go ahead, but, I...don't eat."

He can eat, but Erebus doesn't partake as often as he used to when he was surrounded by humans all day long. The habit died out a bit when he became confined to this small apartment, largely unable to move due to his lack of understanding the way the world works anymore.

"What...is the internet?" he asks, cocking his head to the side, his long black hair falling in thick, black strands.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:52 pm

"You don't? No wonder you look like a stiff breeze could blow you over. If I got my favorite food, would you try it?" He offers, lifting a brow.

"Kind of a loaded question." He snorts a little. "It's like... well, it's like a database of information. Some useful information, some completely worthless information. I use it for school, because a couple of my classes are online exclusively." He prattles off.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top