It's Just a Scratch

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's Just a Scratch

Post by Axton on Thu May 12, 2016 1:34 pm

Alvin presses his hand against his ribs and immediately hisses at the amount of pain even that small contact causes. Broken, for sure. It required more attention than any of their artes could fix but there's still some ways to go before they can get back to Fenmount, so he stays quiet about it as the group of them walk on, him, Jude, Ludger and Muzet. Muzet was busy bothering Ludger about one thing or another which left him and Jude to match paces slightly behind them. Alvin had hoped Muzet would bother Jude which would leave him able to easily cover up the amount of pain he was in but Jude was a perceptive little shit. Any moment Jude would realize he needed medical attention and would fuss over him the entire walk back which was exactly what he didn't want. He slowly moves his hand away from his ribs and covers his bloodied dress shirt it with his jacket but even that makes the breath hitch in his throat and he quickly glances at Jude to make sure he was still oblivious.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It's Just a Scratch

Post by sirenangel on Thu May 12, 2016 1:47 pm

Jude knows just how prideful Alvin has gotten, once he'd learned what he really wants out of his life--he's better about a lot of things especially friendship, but he still hates asking for real help. It's always been a problem of his and since Jude knows plenty about personality problems he knows just how that goes. He can tell just a little bit that something is wrong, but what really tips him off is the fact that Alvin keeps glancing over to him when he thinks Jude isn't looking. He is.

It's usually better to play oblivious with Alvin, though.
"Hey, Alvin, you're walking a little bit... weirdly. Are you alright?"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu May 12, 2016 1:55 pm

"Fine," Alvin replies too quickly and he curses himself for it. He's a liar to the core except he's out of practice now and Jude can see right through him anyway. Alvin makes sure that Ludger and Muzet are preoccupied before he moves his jacket aside to let Jude see the gash near his ribs. "See? Just a scratch, you healed most of it mid-combat, anyway."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu May 12, 2016 1:59 pm

Jude wears a distressed look and hurries closer to him. "That is not just a 'scratch'!" He exclaims, though he keeps it down if only a little bit. "That's huge, and you know I can't heal as well inside combat. We have to stop a while. I'll tell Ludger, he'll understand." He starts towards the pair.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu May 12, 2016 2:13 pm

Alvin groans but that itself causes a twinge of sharp pain so he stops fighting Jude. This was what he didn't want to happen but it did hurt a considerable amount and despite what he told himself, he wouldn't mind Jude's hands on his chest. He pushes that thought aside and casually (to his best ability) catches up with Muzet and Ludger who are currently in a heated conversation about tethering. Actually, as Alvin observes, it's more like Muzet chattering on about how great it feels in semi graphic detail and Ludger desperately trying not to look too freaked out. Alvin had to admit, as a native Elympion, he could sympathize with how weird it all sounded.

One way or another Ludger agrees to stopping for a while and they find a small alcove where Jude can tend to Alvin's wounds, and Muzet and Ludger give them some privacy.

"Really, it's not that bad," Alvin insists weakly as he struggles with removing his jacket without moving his arm too much.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu May 12, 2016 2:20 pm

"Really? Then I guess your pale complexion is normal." Jude retorts, not sharply but still a little bit forceful, shaking his head. He helps him with the jacket and sets it aside carefully. "Sit down. It'll hurt less when you're not moving around."

As they sit down Jude inspects the wound carefully, furrowing his brow tightly in concern. "...I know you're not going to like this, but that shirt is... toast. I might need to take it off." He thinks about that and blushes faintly. Despite being a doctor those kinds of things still make him... uncomfortable.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu May 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Alvin sighs, but only gets it about halfway out of his mouth before he hisses in pain.
"I kind of figured," he mumbles and loosens his scarf with one hand and is more than relieved to see that's still fine. It was more expensive than his shirt anyway. "Alright, help me get it off, then, Dr. Jude." He tries to tease but it comes off a bit pathetic in his current state.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu May 12, 2016 2:35 pm

Jude stares at the gash in the shirt, taking in a deep breath to steel himself. Nothing like being reminded of your age inadvertently. He reaches out, hesitates, then starts to unbutton the shirt carefully. He didn't feel right just ripping he shirt off, it seemed to make Alvin upset to lose it and he didn't want to add insult to injury, literally. He gets the shirt undone completely and tries his hardest to not blush any worse than he already had.

He looks away and tugs the rest down and off Alvin's chest. The wound is only a little worse than he expected to see, and he flashes him an apologetic look while also trying to avoid staring at his chest. He sets his hands just above the wound and shuts his eyes tight.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu May 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Alvin grabs Jude by the wrist before he starts, only partially because it hurts for him to touch but mostly because Jude's hands on his chest made his face hot.

"Wait, before you do anything, I, ah, well, I think my rib is broken too." He pauses and looks away and more sheepishly admits, "...a couple might be broken, actually."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu May 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Jude furrows his brow again and nods firmly. "Alright. the uh, the ribs are probably the most important part, so I'll help those." He explains, then carefully laid his hands just below Alvin's pecs. He followed the sternum, inspecting for tenderness.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu May 12, 2016 5:38 pm

"Owww," Alvin complains loudly as soon as Jude reached a sore spot and he has to stop himself from grabbing Jude's hands again. "Come on, I thought you weren't supposed to further injure your patient." He tries to sound teasing but the pain colors his voice.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu May 12, 2016 5:41 pm

"I'm sorry, I know it hurts," Jude apologizes, genuine worry on his face. "I'm trying to make sure I have the right place..." He exhales, then focuses his artes upon the area, his fingers only barely touching the spot.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu May 12, 2016 5:47 pm

Alvin sighs softly at the delicate touch and the still entirely all too strange feeling of his body repairing itself. He would never get used to it, he figures. Being from Elympios and not having grown up with it, the feeling was still just too strange. Not unpleasant, and in fact it felt pretty damn good at the moment.

He tries not to focus on Jude but he cant quite look away. He was so focused on his artes it was endearing. Once he's pretty sure the area is healed he guides Jude's hand a bit further up, to where he can plainly tell his other rib is broken.

"I think this one's in worse shape," he says but he still hasn't let go of Jude’s hand yet.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu May 12, 2016 5:51 pm

"Got it." He says firmly, closing his eyes once more and focusing the artes as best he can despite definitely noticing the hold still on his hand. It makes his stomach flip-flop a little bit and he prays he's not blushing. There's still more to do, he tells himself, because if this much is getting to him he might as well give up.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu May 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Alvin watches him and can definitely tell he's flustered. It's not as if he's much better off himself he can hide it easier. Jude's artes were usually stable and steady but he could feel the shakiness coming through on this one. He smirked despite the amount of pain he still felt.

"Something wrong, Dr.?" Alvin teases and he still hasn't let go of Jude's wrist.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu May 12, 2016 5:58 pm

Jude coughs, the artes sputter just a little bit, but he takes a deep breath and continues them, managing it well again despite Alvin.

"I am fine." He asserts, more telling himself that than telling it to Alvin. "Just... hungry." A pretty bad excuse.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu May 12, 2016 6:02 pm

"Hungry, huh?" Alvin can't help his stupid, broad smile. "I'm pretty sure we have some food packed away, if you're so hungry you should take a break and eat something. After all, if you pass out I can't heal you and then we'd be in real big trouble."

"That is, unless, you're just trying to lie to someone whose lied his entire life and think you can get away with it," Alvin leans a bit closer to Jude. "Come on, Jude, do I really flustered you that badly?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu May 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Well, caught in a lie. And only more and more embarrassed by the second.

"I-I.... it's not..." It's getting really difficult for him to heal through all this teasing, so he groans and turns his face away. "Alvin, if you want me to heal you, you have to cut it out. Or I'll just get Ludger to give you apple gels. Do you want that option more? You won't be able to taste anything else for a week." He frowns. It's more of a pout because he's that frustrated.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu May 12, 2016 9:07 pm

Alvin is grinning despite himself but the idea of downing apple gels makes his stomach churn.

"Fine, fine geez sorry," he relents and for good measure he let's go of Jude's hand. "It's pretty cruel of you to threaten your own patients don't you think?"

Alvin can't help but think that Jude's pout is far more adorable than it should be.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu May 12, 2016 11:57 pm

Jude takes this opportunity of cooperation to grin at him, glad to have finally won an argument with him, for once.

"A doctor has to do what he has to do to make sure his patients get better." He explains matter-of-factly, then begins the arte again. The bone mends completely after a short while despite the varying interruptions, and he moves to the large gash, taking care not to press down.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri May 13, 2016 9:09 am

"I think you just wanted the opportunity to boss me around," Alvin replies but otherwise stays quiet as he heals him. It feels warm and pleasant and whenever Jude heals him it always feels this way and there's another reason he tries to avoid it as much as possible. It's almost too pleasant, and with Jude's hands on his chest and their close proximity...

Alvin pushes Jude away before he gets too carried away by his own thoughts. "It's plenty healed now," he insists and reaches for his shirt before he remembers. "Argh what am I supposed to wear back into town?" he complains.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri May 13, 2016 10:22 am

Alvin's skin is... soft. Softer than he thinks it would be.

He sighs. "Well, I mean, you have your coat, you could just close it and tuck your scarf in until we get there?" He offers, smiling weakly. He's got no actual clue what he could do.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri May 13, 2016 10:28 am

Alvin wrinkles his nose at the idea but with no easy alternative he decides it'll have to work.

"Hey," Alvin’s tone is softer than normal. "While we're still alone, I just wanted to say thanks for patching me up all the time. I know a year ago, I..." he sighs softly. "Nevermind. Just...thanks."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri May 13, 2016 10:32 am

"Alvin. You know that's all past us. Especially me." He gives a little smile. "...You've more than proven yourself, so don't apologize anymore." He believes it fully. Certainly there are doubts in his mind, but Jude's always been good at shutting up that part of himself.

"...I'm happy you're here with us." He asserts, finally rising.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri May 13, 2016 10:38 am

Alvin swallows back any emotions he's feeling and saves sorting through them for a later date, preferably when it's just him and a bottle of liquor. He dresses himself the best he can and it looks odd but presentable.

"Hey, you owe me a new shirt, you know," Alvin informs him. "Or, I suppose you could always just do me a favor instead. Your choice." Alvin gIves him a wicked grin.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top