Subtlety is not his strong suit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Subtlety is not his strong suit

Post by sirenangel on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:34 am

High school is sort of a dull time for Jude Mathis. He’s never been very popular, and he’s never had many crushes on people his own age, so all he tends to focus on is studies, seeing as he’s in all honors classes. It’s always uncomfortable to be the only one to receive nothing on holidays and the like, but he’s used to it, he guesses. Besides, he’d never had a true crush or any major friends even, besides Leia. Though now, in his freshman year of highschool, he finds himself with a much more uncomfortable crush than he’s bold enough to admit. He’d never been into people his age; always older men. So he guesses it’s not too surprising he fell for a teacher, but that’s kind of worrisome seeing as he’s only 15. Specifically, he finds himself pining for the somewhat young, handsome one who teaches his sixth period English class; Mister Svent.

He’s going to do something, though. He’s written up a small note, and set it inside Mr. Svent’s desk.

The note simply reads a line from a Shakespearean sonnet.

Tell me where is fancy bred,
Or in the heart or in the head?
How begot, how nourished?
Reply, reply.

He knows the older man will recognize it; he’s openly expressed his love for the bard. It’s not that he thinks it’ll go well, rather, it is that Leia decided to dare him to do it. He’s beyond nervous. But he’d seen him give glances once in awhile… And had quite the conversation about Shakespeare, punctuated with a look that sent shivers up his spine. Even if he plays it off, he has seen the smirk on his teacher’s face. He hopes he’s not just imagining it, anyways, as he sits in his chair waiting for his teacher to show up as the students file into their seats.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Subtlety is not his strong suit

Post by Axton on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:02 pm

It's not until halfway through his class does he find the note. He's opening the drawer looking for a highlighter as he's grading essays while the class is doing a group assignment and he finds it, tucked right next to his heavily worn copy of Romeo and Juliet. He recognizes that neat handwriting immediately and he swallows hard as he quickly covers it with his book. This was so not good.

He looks up from his desk, scanning the group of students until his eyes settle on the one he's sure left it for him. He knows what he has to do, what he absolutely has to do.

...but that doesn't mean it's what he's going to do. He quietly shuts the drawer and turns back to his essays, and proceeds to be unable to read a single paragraph until class is over. As the students are getting their things together to hurry to their next class, he clears his throat and makes eye contact with the culprit.

"Come and see me, please," he says in the most teacher-like voice he can muster.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:30 pm

That voice is worrying--it's a little more stern than he's expecting and he's not completely sure if it's covering up nerves or actually angry. He's hoping for a little bit of both, if he's being frank; the regret was starting to set in and maybe if he was told off he could go on with life and pretend his feelings went away and be a normal kid... but he also prays just a little bit that he's not mad. Even if it's terrible of him to have set his eyes on a teacher.

Jude himself swallows down some nerves and offers a meek smile, shoving a book into his back and making only the most hesitant eye contact.

"Uh, yes." He mutters, rubbing the back of his neck as he approaches. The class has cleared out, even if Leia took her sweet time doing so.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:39 pm

Alvin pulls open the drawer and hands Jude his note back, folding it into his hand.

"I think you meant this for someone else," he says, making eye contact the entire time. "...someone else closer to your age, maybe."

He's worried his tone is no as stern as he wants it to be; this absolutely cannot happen. Jude knows this, he hopes, anyway. Even if he had, briefly, entertained the idea more than a few times.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:52 pm

He tries, to his benefit, to not look away from his eyes, but it always ends up happening and he coughs, letting the hand with the note drop to his side. He knows, certainly. But the touch of his teacher's hand still sends a light chill up his spine.

"I... uh, no." He says, and knows he shouldn't. "...Nobody but you would get it, I mean. It's kind of a niche thing." He's only burying himself deeper.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:56 pm

Alvin sighs softly.

"I know," he says, and at this point the stern teacher voice is all but useless. "But you know that we absolutely cannot under any circumstances do...well. You know. That. anything like that. You know this."

He looks Jude in the eyes.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:04 pm

It's not that he's wrong, but something about it feels like he is.

"I guess I understand, but..." He heaves a sigh and meets his eyes too, finally. "I don't know what to do. I've never... felt like this." A glance aside, he pushes the note against his teacher's chest. "I've never felt worse than when I try to get over you."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top