Basilio and Remus

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Basilio and Remus

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:27 pm

A dark thing for him to say. But it's his own fault, so he accepts that this is who his dearest brother has become. Because he could not be here. It hurts to hear, but he smiles all the same.

"Naturally. I will think further on it, and meet you at the salon, your majesty." He says, rising from his chair.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:30 pm

Basilio rises as well and bows politely.

"We shall meet again then," he says, smiling more warmly now. "Until then."
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:38 pm

That smile makes him feel far too warm. He smiles back and bows in return, then leaves the room. He calls for the head of the watchers when he has returned to his home and speaks with him about the salon, ordering him to set his men unseen along the lines of the hall in which it takes place; he also receives a set of lockpicks which make his sister's mouth drop. After an explanation, she is concerned, but understands soon enough, and gives up on trying to convince him otherwise.

The salon is about a week later.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:57 pm

Basilio is not all that worried about the assassination attempt in the slightest. He has eyes on Remus at all times, and Remus has eyes on Lorenzo the entire time. It takes the snake quite some time before he slithers over to pay his respects to his king, who is seated at his throne, sipping the last of his goblet of wine. At least he was bold enough to attempt to poison him so openly. He could almost respect that.

"Hello, Lorenzo; how are you?" Basilio greets him, smiling wryly from behind his cup. "How is your wife?"

Lorenzo fidgets as he offers a goblet of wine to Basilio. "She is well, my lord. I was hoping you would sample my newest wine. It is a sweet mulberry. I know mulberry is a favorite of yours, my lord."

Basilio smiles too widely as he eyes Lorenzo.

"Of course, my liege," he says, but looks to Remus. "It is indeed a favorite of mine."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Remus smirks faintly, and tips his head somewhat, stepping up towards the throne, behind Lorenzo.

"My, ser Lorenzo. How presumptuous; to think our king to be so gullible as to take wine from one who so vehemently opposed his rule." He notes idly, his tone amused as one of the watchers hands him off a scroll stamped with the assassin's guild's seal. "And one who openly consorts with poison dealers."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:14 pm

By now, people have begun to turn to see what is happening with Lorenzo, now shaking, but still offering up his goblet of wine.

"M...my lord," he says shakily. "I...there...this is ridiculous. I might not have been fond of your rule, but to be accused of poisoning you is absolute insanity."

Basilio looks down at him, crossing his legs and playing with his now empty goblet of wine. "So says you, Lorenzo. But don't think I've forgotten the last time time we sparred and you nearly took my head off. I'm beginning to think you're just not very good at being subtle."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:16 pm

"Oh?" He notes, resting a hand onto the man's shoulder. "Perhaps you should test the wine yourself, ser Lorenzo." He passes off the scroll to Basilio and folds his hands, smiling down his nose at the trembling man.

"Or would you like to admit your fault on your own?"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Sweating and shaking profusely, Lorenzo looks around the silent room wildly, from Basilio's calm demeanor to Remus' smug smile. He eyes the guards and the awed audience and the entire room of people and he finally focuses on Basilio for just a moment too long for Basilio's comfort and he says,

"Kill him."

And the guards surrounding his throne spear the man still holding the goblet of wine until he is but a corpse upon the carpet.

Basilio looks upon him coldly before barking at the servants to find the royal mortuary retainers to come clean up the corpse before it stains the carpet with its putrid blood.

"Remus," Basilio says as the guards are beginning to usher people from the audience chamber and out of the room. "Thank you. You have earned your spot as my adviser, but there is another task I'd like you to do before that is official."

Basilio crosses his legs and steeples his fingers, staring at the corpse upon the floor.

"I want you to rid me of my former advisers. They are useless." He says, and he looks to Remus now. "You don't have to kill them, but they are no longer welcome in the royal family. That is all."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:33 pm

My Basilio, how you have changed, he thinks solemnly, eyeing the corpse and listening to the king. His father would be shocked. His heart tightens not because of the death before him, but because what he saw was his own fault. He wishes he could have saved his father, because he's not wholly sure he can save his brother.

"Yes, my lord. I will notify them." He says, voice flat, and he walks off, hands folded behind his back.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:01 pm

-x-

It has been a month since Remus had deposed of his former advisers and since then it has been quiet. After such a failed attempt, no one would be looking to claim his life for some time. Moreover, after the mysterious resignation of his advisers, rumors have been flying around but no one is brave enough to speak to his face.

It has been quiet, with the exception of his growing attraction to his new adviser. It was not advisable to get involved with him, not at all. So he told himself he wouldn't, but that thought left his mind the second they had stepped into his private sparring ring, both shirtless and glistening with sweat from the noon sun.

Common sense be damned, he wanted this mysterious masked man.

Basilio twirled the wooden sword in his hand, looking over his opponent. He feared his attraction might be a bit too open, but he couldn't help it. Besides, it's not as if Remus could comment; no one dared to remark on his attraction to men, not even his closest adviser, although surely he was aware of it by now.

"Are you quite ready to get more bruises today, Remus?" Basilio grins at him, but the bruises from their last sparring match had yet to heal entirely upon his own torso.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:08 pm

Remus is proud of how far Basilio has come in terms of combat expertise, without his help. He is not, however, quite sure of how he feels to have his younger brother ogling him so during their fights. Even as he is scratched and bruised the young king eyes him hungrily and he would have to be a fool, or more than partially blind, not to see it. He says not a word, but smirks at it. Basilio always had been interested in men, and he supposes he thinks this 'Remus' a stranger, so it is only natural.

What is not natural is how much Fausto enjoys being this Remus his brother eyes like this.

He forces the thought out and flips his own sword, readying his position.

"Quite, your highness." He retorts back, his usual smirk on his lips. "I should hope you are, as well."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:15 pm

"Although, today, I have a proposal," Basilio says as he traipses along the edge of the sparring ring, eyeing Remus the whole time. "If I win this match, I'd like for you to do something for me that you might generally protest. So there's a bit more than normal at stake here."

He smiles at Remus, toying with the sword in his hands.

"Of course, if you win, you might ask something of me, if you so please."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:18 pm

"My. What could you possibly want as a favor from one like myself?" He responds, his lips still curled into a smile. Beneath his mask his brows are up, and he's rather grateful for it once again. "Fine. I shall not go easy on you, though." And now, he thinks, it is time to decide whether or not this is something he should allow to happen.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:24 pm

Basilio chuckles to himself.

"If you lose, I guess you'll see, won't you?" he teases, still circling him.

And then he launches his assault, more ferocious than in past training sessions. He wants this, perhaps more than he initially thought, and he's certainly making that evident as he swings at Remus.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:31 pm

It's obvious Basilio wants this. Remus blocks him easily the first few times, but his mind wavers and so does his sword. Basilio breaks through and Remus falls down, the practice sword at his throat in an alarmingly familiar position. He drops his sword and holds his hands up, smirking lightly.

"Alright, alright." He chuckles, leaning back on the ground.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:35 pm

Basilio tosses his sword aside and some unlucky servant scrambles to catch it and place it back on the training rack. He holds out his hand to help up his adviser.

"I think that was the easiest match I've won yet; don't you have any ambition at all?" he teases heartily, but by now, he knows better.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:39 pm

"None whatsoever, your majesty." He remarks, grasping his hand tight and pulling himself up. He meets his eyes with his own one, a hand on his hip. "Now then. Dare I ask what your majesty has planned for lowly me?" He knows this is a terrible mistake, but the words fall out anyways.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:41 pm

Basilio runs a hand through his hair and smiles far too coyly at him.

"Meet me in my room in an hour," he says and lets his hand linger far too long on Remus' for comfort. "That is, if you're not a sore loser."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:45 pm

"I'm nothing but a graceful man, my lord." He can feel his stomach flip at the sight of his brother's eyes so sultrily staring him down. "...I will be there." His brain is screaming at him for this. But the way Basilio's face is framed by his curls, the way his body has filled out from work; it is driving him mad.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:18 am

Basilio smiles at him one last time before he walks for the castle doors, off to bathe away the sweat and dust and tension from today's sparring session.

An hour later, Basilio is sitting at the desk in his room, looking over papers and wondering if Remus is going to show or not. An hour is plenty of time to change one's mind about getting involved with their king in such a way. Basilio supposes he'll have to find someone else, if that ends up being the case, but he does quite fancy Remus.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:09 am

It's been a fight with himself over the idea of this. His poor father must be rolling in his grave over the mere concept of the things that have happened; the sweet, meek boy that was once Basilio becoming so cold so quickly. The thoughts that come up in Fausto's mind when he sees Basilio like this. The mere idea that he could be attracted to him. Remus spends most of that hour praying, because surely, he is going to be damned for this.

He comes to the quarters despite that.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:23 am

Basilio glances at the time and then smirks to himself as he puts away what he was working on. Then, he opens the door for Remus. His chambers are the same ones he had kept when he was still a prince; he couldn't bare the thought of moving into either his brother's or his father's chambers. Both were still largely untouched since the day of their respective death's two years ago, save for the few times that Basilio had snuck into his brother's room.

He ushers Remus inside, and he's wearing nothing more than a loose white undershirt and pants.

"I wasn't sure you'd come," he says truthfully, shutting the door behind him.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:33 am

God, his room is the same, Remus thinks to himself, brow furrowed beneath the mask, heart pounding. It's selfish to think, but he's grateful at least this much has not changed. The clothes littering his floor Fausto would chastise him for, the various training supplies snuck in. This much, at least, is the same Basilio, and it makes him smile without thinking.

"I was ordered to. I don't just disobey my king." He remarks, shifting off a long cloak and draping it over a chair. Beneath he is as sparsely dressed as Basilio; a black undershirt and pants.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:38 am

Basilio chuckles.

"Fine, in that case," Basilio says, turning to face Remus. "Are you quite sure about this? Getting involved with your king in this way..." he clicks his tongue. "...is perhaps a bit dangerous."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:45 am

"I am accustomed to danger, my lord." He almost purrs this. Even with what his brain is telling him he takes another step closer, his height looming over Basilio. "It is equally dangerous for you."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top