A Straight Wizard and a Gay Fighter Walk Into A Bar...

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Straight Wizard and a Gay Fighter Walk Into A Bar...

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:45 am

The pair rides in relative silence, even if it is a heated, angry one. The inn and marketplace is not too far off from the isolated area of the temple on horseback, so they reach it in around a half hour with ease. The town is now nearly as crowded as it used to be, but the few people who are there bow to Astra as is customary, chattering to her. She returns the gesture as best as she can on a horse, smiles abound. The innkeeper allows them a room for a modest price, thanks to a smiling plea from Astra.

"Now sit, sir Kassy." She demands, hefting her staff as they pile into the rather small room. Naturally, only two beds.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:50 am

Kassandros is far too tall for the inns around here and he has to duck through the doorway, which must mean Narcissus has an even harder time which is amusing to him. He sits down at the small table provided and removes the bandage from his forehead, the wound bleeding profusely as he does so. Guess he'll need to change his shirt again.

"Thank you, Lady Raune," he says.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:07 pm

Narcissus only just avoids hitting his head on the doorway. Astra approaches Kassandros and twirls her staff, shutting her eyes and casting. It takes only moments before his wounds are completely treated and healed. She certainly is adept, even if she's awfully immature. Narcissus is used to it, frankly.

"Feel better?" She asks, resting her staff against the wall beside the right bed.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:10 pm

"Yes, actually," he says, not able to mask the bit of surprise that colors his tone. He looks through his belongings for an extra clean shirt, of which he has none at the moment, and sighs. The blood stained shirt would have to suffice for the time being.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:23 pm

"I can't do much for the shirt, though." She admits, chuckling lightly as she pulls off her boots. "I'm tired. You two can go to the market if you wish. I will lock the door." She falls backwards onto the spacious bed, stretching her limbs out and sighing pleasantly. Narcissus sighs, and shakes his head. She's capable enough that she could handle any threats here, so he isn't worried. He rises and ducks his head under the doorway, eying the other man.

"That's her way of saying 'get out'." He notes.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:39 pm

Kassandros follows Narcissus, although somewhat reluctantly. It isn't in his best interest to disobey her but it's not comforting to leave his charge alone, even in a locked inn room.

"We should buy a carriage for our travels," Kassandros says and then begins a long laundry list of things they need to buy, including a few new shirts.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:44 pm

"Likely. But I'm not wholly sure we have enough funds. Astra has no money and I'm afraid I've only around one thousand gold to my own name." Some bounty work doesn't make for much of a rich man, but them's the breaks. "We'll look around and see if there's any in our range without going over, hm?" He not so subtly pats the other man's back, sliding it a little lower than he should.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:47 pm

"I'll make it work," Kassandros says, but very subtly moves out from under Narcissus' hand, which has oh so not subtly moved down his back. "At the very least, I need a new shirt, and we need a carriage."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:56 pm

"I'm rather excited to see how you make it work, Kassy." He teases, smirking once more. He towers over the people in the market with his imposing height, and is pleased to find that Kassandros does as well. A rare thing in their town, as most townsfolk are humans or halflings.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:03 pm

"Augh," Kassandros says under his breath. It really was a bad decision taking this job, but he really needed that money.

Everyone else in the town was so tiny and short, even the humans. It reminded him of just how incredibly tall he really was. And just how tall Narcissus also was.

It took some haggling buy eventually he did manage to convince someone to lend them a carriage for cheap, so long as it was for Astra. It was a decent carriage, too. He grinned at Narcissus.

"See? I made it work," he says.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:10 pm

"I'll admit, I am impressed. It'll be quite the help, honestly." He chuckles, and drapes an arm over his shoulder with a cheeky grin. "Handsome and sweet talking. Just my type."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:15 pm

"Ok, let me just," he pulls away from Narcissus, holding up his hand. "I'm not interested in men, okay? No offense, but. It's not gonna happen."

He tries not to sound harsh, but he really isn't interested in men. Or so he tells himself.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:18 pm

"I won't pretend I haven't heard that before, dear, but I'll let you decide whether you'll end up like the others who have told me that." He offers a little smile and rests his hand on his hip, giving him a little bit of space. But only a little more than before.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:26 pm

"Augh," he says, audibly this time. "Just don't expect me to be into you, is all."

Kassandros looks around town, crossing his arms.

"It hasn't been too long, Lady Raine probably doesn't want us back so soon, what shall we do in the meantime?" Kassandros asks, raising an eyebrow.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:32 pm

"I can make it work." He chuckles lightly. "We can get some food. I'd like to pay my favorite restaurant here a visit one last time before heading onto the road." He suggests, smirking over to him.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:36 pm

"Alright, sounds fair," He says, following after Narcissus. "So long as you pay, anyway." He grins at him.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:10 pm

"I certainly planned on it, dear." He pats the man's back once more, grinning lightly at him as they walk. The place is very close to the marketplace, a surprisingly nice place for the size of the town. Most notably, the doorway is much higher than any other building in the area.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Kassandros smirks at the large entranceway, no doubt built because of years of patronage by his companion.

"So, how did you become the Guardian to a lady like Raune?" He asks as they walk toward the entranceway.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:32 pm

"I honestly nearly raised her." He admits, heading to the bar area of the restaurant. "She latched onto me when she was a child and I was simply a patroller for the temple's last oracle, and I couldn't shake her since."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Kassandros smiles. Somehow that was pretty sweet. He glances over the menu, and orders a sweet, frilly mixed drink.

"She does seem pretty attached to you," He says, nodding. "I'm glad that I can accompany you two on this journey."

But mostly he was glad about the paycheck.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:44 pm

That is one absurdly girly drink, Narcissus thinks idly, ordering a whiskey for himself and grinning to Kassandros.

"She always has been. She's... taken after me in ways I can't say I'm too proud of." He admits, running a hand through his hair. "So. Tell me about yourself."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:59 pm

Gods, this was a date wasn't it? Or an interview, at the least.

"What do you want to know?" He asks, sipping his fruity drink.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:03 pm

"Oh, I don't know. Age, where you're from, family, anything." He downs a much deeper drink than one would expect him to. "Anything you're willing to tell me, naturally."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:09 pm

"All right," He says, swishing his drink. "I'm around thirty-three, I'm from this country, for the time being, and I only have one brother who is annoying as all he'll. Anything else?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:18 pm

"Any elf blood? You look far younger than your thirties, dear. Though I'm not quite the best judge of age after all these years." He chuckles and takes another drink. "I myself am around seventy years old, and am from a neighboring country. I have a twin sister who I am sure is just as annoying as your sibling."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top