A Straight Wizard and a Gay Fighter Walk Into A Bar...

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Straight Wizard and a Gay Fighter Walk Into A Bar...

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:19 am

"Only sparingly. She wasn't born with the magic; her bloodline is mostly human, so she doesn't have much power aside that which Leona has given her." He explains. "She can do a little. But it's mostly mundane magic." He rolls his shoulders. "Sometimes she has prophecies, and for the most part, they're accurate."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:35 am

That was slightly worrying but he decided not to think too hard on it at the moment.

"I suppose that makes sense," he says, though he seems to be lost in thought now.

Such a strange child he found himself accompanying.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:40 am

"I was never really religious before I saw her after her revelation. I was doubtful the Gods even existed. But she changed overnight. Her entire presence changed. When she tells her predictions it's as if Leona is there over her. It sounds beyond ludicrous, but I have to be honest. It's shocking." He looks aside and runs a hand through his curls. "...She was only seven when it happened. I was angry. So I decided to be her guard."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:43 am

Truth be told, he never was one for believing and certainly not one for advocating children going on pilgrimages but that was his current job whether he liked it or not. Whether Leona was real or not, that didn't matter; only the safety of his charge.

At least until he got paid.

"I suppose I'll count myself lucky if I never see that," He says.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:49 am

"I would say so." He smirks humorlessly. His face doesn't exactly betray how he feels about the entire ordeal, but he does clearly look displeased with the matter. He stays quiet for a while, brow furrowed and arms loosely crossed over his chest. When he does speak, it's hardly more than a whisper.

"...I was against this, you should know. I did not want her to face this. I argued over it for months. But she just smiled at me," and he looks to him, somewhat mournfully, "and she said, sincerely, 'I want to do this.' And I couldn't say no."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:51 am

Kassandros supposes there's nothing to say to a child whose made up their mind; Gods know he had been the same way when he was young.

"I understand," He says, and he does.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:56 am

"It isn't so much I doubt she can make it through. I know for a fact she can. I just..." He stops, and sighs, and rests his palm over his forehead in a fashion that would be dramatic, if it were on purpose. "...I simply wish she could be a child."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:01 am

"Not many are afforded that luxury, unfortunately," he says, looking over to Narcissus. Kassandros remembers his childhood well, even if he wishes he could forget, so the concept of growing up quick is not particularly foreign to him. Unfortunately. "Afterwards, she'll have all the time in the world to be a child."

That is, assuming this works, and he certainly had his doubts about the entire ordeal.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:07 am

"I hope so. She deserves so much better than this." He huffs out loud and leans onto the side, fidgeting with a strand of hair. "But I can only keep her safe. Nothing more."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:53 am

"With us, it should be no problem," he says with a confident smile. "I'm sure we can find time once this is all over to relax."

Maybe not Kassandros, but certainly Nar and Lady Raune.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:58 am

Relaxing. Even the word makes him snicker.

"I doubt it. It should be fine, but I've never been one to truly relax. It's a strange concept." He grins a little. "I suspect you feel similarly."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:24 pm

Kassandros snorts.

"Well, you're not wrong," he admits, a bit reluctantly but nonetheless. "It is not my strong suit."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:32 pm

"It'a a rough deal. But I must say, in a morbid way it's nice to meet a kindred spirit." He can't resist a grin at the other man.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:45 pm

"Augh," he groans, but concedes, "although I suppose it is better this way, considering what we're doing."

Kassandros looks around at the road and upon seeing it emptied turns to Nar and says, "should we let her stretch her legs and rest for a moment? It's almost lunch."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:06 pm

"Yes, but keep your eyes out. I'll take care of the food, so just keep watch." He offers, smiling over to him. He rises as the carriage stops and ducks into the cabin. "Astra. Are you hungry yet? We've found a decent enough spot to stop."

"Oh, I suppose so." She mutters, stretching out and hopping her way out the back of the carriage. She eyes the area with her usual smile, looking over the area and adjusting her headdress. "It's quite nice out here."

"Yes. Don't go too far from the cart, I'm going to make lunch." She nods to him and looks around a little bit more. He goes in and sets up the cooking set he'd brought along from the market and begins.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Kassandros climbs onto the roof of the cart, finding it sturdy enough to hold his weight, in order to keep watch. The road was currently deserted but that often meant little when bandits could be hiding in the brush at any time. Regardless, he didn't notice anything out of the ordinary so he doubted there would be trouble just yet.

"Lady Raune," Kassandros says down to her. "Have you ever been to our destination; it'd a bigger city than the last."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:24 pm

The girl looks up to him, smiles abound as always.

"Oh! No, I haven't. I've only really been west before, but east is foreign to me. I'm very excited to see it. Have you been there?" She leans on the cart and rests her head on her forearms, looking up to him with curious eyes.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:27 pm

"I've been most everywhere," He says truthfully. "So yes. It's not an overly exciting city, but I imagine you'll find it quite different than what you're used to. As soon as we get to the city you'll have to stick close to one of us the entire time, okay?"

He was less worried about her getting hurt and more worried about her getting good lost.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:37 pm

"It'll be refreshing, I think, to be somewhere so large." She decides, taping her fingers against the wood of the carriage. "But I'll be careful. I don't care to be too far away from Narcisssus in the first place. He's very important to me!"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:39 pm

"Like a father," he ventures, mostly just to bother Nar if he can hear their chatting from inside the cart. "He's certainly. Narcissus."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:44 pm

She flushes red and shakes her head. Nar smiles inside, chuckling lightly to himself as he slices some tomatoes.

"No! He's way too irresponsible to be my father!" She gapes, covering her face. "He's more like... a terrible big brother."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:47 pm

"That's probably very true," he says with a chuckle. "He seems pretty terrible from r
the little bit I've spoken to him."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:56 pm

"He's the worst. But he's kind, and he cooks well, and he treats me like I'm a person rather than... some godly thing." She frowns faintly. But only a little. "He's the... only one, who does." He frowns too, and pokes his head out.

"Astra..."

"...Sorry. Got kind of dark there." She laughs, smiling a little mournfully.

"It's okay. But you know, I bet he feels the same way as I do. You are you. not what your 'fate' is."

"Okay..."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:37 pm

Gods, Raune surely had her work cut out for her. Kassandros felt much the same way but it wasn't his place so he stayed quiet.

"Is food almost done, mother hen?" He teasingly asks Nar.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:41 pm

Nar rolls his eyes and sets the plates for the three of them, smirking even if the other cannot see it.

"It is indeed, watch dog." He takes out the plates and hands them off, managing to smoothly flip his hair even with his hands occupied. "Just simple sandwiches for now."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top