Their Short Lived Foray Into The Cooking Club

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Their Short Lived Foray Into The Cooking Club

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:49 pm

Shinohara Masao had to be better at everything than his brother no matter what. It didn't matter who got in the way, or what they had to do, their competitive nature knew no bounds; all they knew was that at the end of the day one of them would be better, and the other would be worse. Masao was insistent that he would be the better one, at least in this arena. He cooked frequently enough, and he was better at this sort of thing than Miyuki was, typically.

The air was tense in the room as the club president instructed them that their recipe today would be curry. Perfect. Masao was definitely going to have the upper hand here; he had just made curry for their dinner not long ago.

"Worried, brother?" Masao grinned at his twin, adjusting his glasses. "I know I can make a better tasting dish than you could ever dream of."

At least, that's what he was hoping for, anyway.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Their Short Lived Foray Into The Cooking Club

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:57 pm

Masao was so cute when he thought he was going to actually win, Miyuki thinks, eyes glimmering at the thought of it. Sure, he'd only ever really made pastries and baked goods, but even with that little experience he's got a pretty good grasp on curry. He'd studied far too much to not, after all; spending hours online looking up the most likely recipes the club might request.

"Me, worried? Macchan, you're the one who should be worried." He teases as easily as ever, tying up his hair with a cute scrunchy he'd bought last paycheck.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:05 pm

"Why should I be worried? All of your savory food is inedible," Masao snorts, clearly overconfident this round. He tries to pretend that it isn't kind of adorable to see Miyuki with his hair up, and especially given the nature of how cute it was...

He clears his throat, and his mind, and looks over the ingredients they've been given. It's a pretty standard recipe; he looks over the paper and quickly memorizes the necessary information before putting it aside and beginning on his task. Turning on the heat, washing the vegetables, cutting the tofu from it's packaging. He would definitely win this.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:14 pm

"Wow. Rude." He grins, his usual infectious grin, biting his lip to think about the things he'd need. It's a simple enough recipe and he'd memorized most of the usual techniques to make the food actually edible, unlike his past attempts at... well, anything aside from sweets. If only it'd been something like that, he really could sweep the floor with his cute brother. Did he think cute? He thought cute. Mental crisis aside, he prepares his own vegetables.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:21 pm

About halfway through cooking Masao comes to the realization that he had forgotten to add in certain seasoning that was basically crucial to the recipe. He smiled a crooked, worried smile. If he added it in now, it would still work, right...? He swallows and makes the decision to just do it and hope for the best. Miyuki sucked anyway, he should still be safe, right? He tasted the curry and frowned deeply. Nope. Well.

"Ha, brother, sweating yet? Nervous yet?" he hoped and prayed Miyuki was nervous, at least. He was certainly shaking in his boots. He'd screwed himself this time.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:34 pm

Oh. Ohohohoho. Miyuki sees that smile; that is the smile Masao makes when he's fucked up. He says nothing about it, only smiles wider over to him.

"Since when have I ever been nervous about you?" Plenty of times, but never during competitions, even when he was losing them. The way he sees it, if he gets nervous, he loses right away, and that can't be the way. He has to go down with a fight. And besides, his curry is going well so far! He tastes it and for once, doesn't want to spit it back out. It's pretty alright.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:40 pm

Masao pushes into Miyuki's space and takes a bite from his curry. Fuck. It tastes decent. Since when did Miyuki cook so well?! He scowls and makes a show of how awful he thinks it tastes, wrinkling his nose.

"Gross, you'll never win like that," he insists but he's also terrified of Miyuki doing the same to his curry so he keeps a hand on his pot, ready to move it away in case his brother reaches for a taste.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:44 pm

"Ugh. You're such a liar. You're sooo lucky I won't taste yours, because I want to see the look on your face when yours really is disgusting." He is a little worried he wasn't lying, though, so he pinches his brother's side and narrows his eyes at him.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:52 pm

"It tastes fine!" Masao argues fervently, but the second he takes another taste he makes a face that can't hide how bad it is. Far too overseasoned on one end; there wasn't nearly enough time for it to sink in and taste good. Fuck. He was so fucked. "Whatever, it'll still be better than yours at the end"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:57 pm

"I doubt it. You can pretend all you want, but that face says a lot more stuff than that." He pokes his brother in the chest and grins, letting his own curry simmer and cook. It feels good to get to be ahead for once. Usually things turn out badly. The rest of the club continues their own cooking much more quietly than they do, of course.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:01 pm

Masao tries to salvage his dish and in the end it tastes awfully overseasoned but letting it simmer made it partially mellow out. Still too rich, though. He sighs at the final product and pushes it over to Miyuki.

"Switch me and let's figure out whose is better," he says, looking defeated already.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:07 pm

Miyuki grins and shifts the plate over to him, leaning on his free hand as he scoops a spoonful of Masao's curry. It's not very good. It's not inedible, but he definitely left something out and tried to compensate. He's got this in the bag. His best curry yet, all for Masao, he thinks, stroking his chin to feign actual deliberation.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Masao takes a bite of Miyuki's curry and is surprised at how edible it is. He frowns deeply.

"Fine, fine!" he exclaims, angrily taking another bite. He was hungry, okay? "Yours is better," he says with his mouth full as he pulls the bowl of curry away from his brother. "But now I'm going to eat it all so have fun with my gross curry, ha!"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:15 pm

"Macchan, you know I'd eat anything you make for me~" He teases, smirking and eating the curry without any real prompting. Maybe that's a little much, he thinks, but stifles the thought and continues anyways. It's okay. Not great, but if he's being honest he's starving too. It tastes a little better knowing Masao made it anyways. He also stifles that thought.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:22 pm

Masao tries his best not to choke on his bite of curry as his brother says that. It isn't fair, it's not fair at all that his brother is like this. First, he shouldn't be flustered by anything his brother does, and second, he doesn't even like guys (probably, he's pretty sure), so he doesn't even have the excuse of that. It's a real mess and he pushes it all out of his mind as much as possible. He finished his bowl and puts it down.

"Since you won, you get to cook dinner tonight," Masao teases him heartily.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:33 pm

He certainly shouldn't be teasing him so badly. He shouldn't feel this way, after all, which he will mentally assert to himself that he does not, he is like this with everyone. He is an insufferable flirt, true, but with Masao he... feels it. He swallows that thought harshly.

"Fine. You're probably gonna regret that though," he says, quite honestly.

Miyuki pokes his cheek and takes the bowls to their area's sink, setting them under the water.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:37 pm

"Probably, but I don't want to cook, so," he shrugs and takes their pots and pans to the sink to clean it as well. "What, don't you think I'd also happily eat anything you made for me?"

That's clearly a lie; he's spit out food Miyuki's made for him many a times.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:40 pm

"Liar. You know I'm usually terrible." He snorts, jabbing his finger at his chest. "The time I made pasta and you threw it at me? And then ordered takeout and insulted me ON THE PHONE?" Miyuki sticks his tongue out at him. It is pierced. He'd gotten that when they moved out together, and if his parents ever knew...

"You're such a bad liar."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:51 pm

"I'm a way better liar than you! Remember when you got caught with that guy in your room and you told mom and dad you two were wrestling," he grins and can't stop from busting out laughing. Honestly. He easily pretends that his brother's tongue piercing doesn't phase him for a second despite the fact that it does. It must feel weird when you kiss someone, right? Or, even weirder doing other things...

He breaks the dish he's washing in the sink and gasps, embarrassed. Great, they were definitely going to get kicked out of this club, too, if he kept this up.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:56 pm

Miyuki gasps despite himself and shoves his brother aside.

"That's so rude! We were too!" He pauses, pursing his lips and looking aside. "...at first. But it doesn't matter, because you're a jerk no matter what. I don't need to be a good liar." He clicks his tongue as his brother breaks the dish.

"I'm not paying for that."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:00 pm

"Oh, sure, I'm sure you were," Masao teases him but then groans as he picks up the pieces of the plate. "Yeah, yeah."

It was his brother's fault, but it's not like he can say that so it's his fault, in the end, he guesses.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:04 pm

He pats his long-suffering brother's back and sighs out, feeling awfully bad for mocking him.

"We can go get ice cream or something on the way home." He sighs, relenting out of a sort of pity. "...My treat, I guess."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:07 pm

Masao looks at him, eye shining brightly.

"Nice! All right! I'll finish cleaning the dishes as soon as possible!" he says this and turns to hurry and finish cleaning but ends up breaking two more dishes before the club president kicks him out and tells him not to come back (unless it's with the money to pay for more dishes).
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:09 pm

Watching his brother get shuffled out makes him feel even worse. He trails behind him but stops and hands a few bills to the president, bowing apologetically and hurrying out.

"Let's just go." He laughs lightly, rubbing his neck and slinging his back over his shoulder. Another day, another club they can't come back to.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:13 pm

"...yeah," Masao says, looking truly undignified as he slicks his hair back and adjusts his glasses. "So...you'll really pay for ice cream?"

His eyes light up again.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top