Only with his luck...

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Only with his luck...

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:03 pm

For whatever reason, Jude is completely apprehensive about entering high school. Maybe it's the pressure of his parents, maybe it's all the extra credit classes he's bound to be forced to take, maybe it's the fact that he only knows one person out of the thousand students in Fennmont high, but he doesn't know for sure. What he absolutely knows is that he's dreading having to go. His parents have given him plenty of money for his bus passes and breakfast and lunches, and he's not left wanting in terms of supplies, but even then the concept is making him beyond terrified.

These things are all whirring through his mind as he hold onto the handle of the shaking city bus on his way to the school, instead of anything else he could possibly think of. Stressing about nothing is his greatest skill, after all, and he's nothing if not constantly worried about something or another. Leia would absolutely chastise him, if she were on the bus, but her parents were driving her for her first week, making Jude feel a little envious. He'd never really admit that, though.

It's a long way from his house to the school, so he's been on this cramped bus for a while, and it's quite early right now, so he stifles a long yawn. He'd relented his seat willingly to an older guy whose smile made him blush like a school girl. Jude's a sucker for flattery, unfortunately for his tired, tired legs.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Only with his luck...

Post by Axton on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:24 pm

It would figure that the day before school starts his car would break down, and that he'd be forced to stand on a crowded bus for an extended period of time. At least he had been, until a nice kid had let him sit in his seat. He had thought about protesting, he really isn't old enough for a kid to be giving up his seat for him, but his legs really were sore from standing for so long so he had inevitably let it happen, flashing him a big smile. The kid looked like he was likely a student, or could possible be a student of his and a passing thought leaves him hoping that if that's true, then not all his students are that cute because that could very likely pose a problem for him. Which isn't a good thought for a teacher to be having, but it's not as if he'd ever act on it, so he was in the clear. 

"You live in the suburbs, too?" he asks the young kid whose standing in just the perfect position to end up on his lap if he wasn't careful. The thought makes him have to stifle a snicker. "I'm starting to regret my decision of living so far out of town."
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:29 pm

Oh no. The man is talking to him. He snaps back to reality after a period of dazing into the distance in idle terror and looks down to him, face a bright red still out of embarrassment. Always unfocused at the wrong times, he thinks mournfully.

"O-Oh! Yes. I uh, I do. My parents didn't want to deal with the city..." He explains, shrugging lightly and squeezing the bar as the bus essentially wobbles. He rolls his shoulders and offers a weak little smile to him. Even if he's tired, he thinks, he should probably still be polite. "It's a long way out, but I don't know if I'd rather have an apartment." He would be alright with one if it meant he could live away from them, though, he thinks to himself.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:39 pm

Parents, huh? Definitely a kid, then. Definitely better keep his hands off of him in that case.

"Can't say I blame them, the city is overcrowded as it is," he says, but he isn't really paying all that much attention to their conversation; it's just a means to keep him awake on the long ride. "But look at how inconvenient it is to get into the city. Win some lose some, I guess."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:44 pm

"It's true." He mumbles, checking his wristwatch in thought. There's still a good deal of time before school starts, so even with his worries about other meaningless things, this would not be one to make him genuinely worried. He's grateful for the universe giving him this much, at least. Or at least, he would be, if not for the very second when his grip on the bar loosened the bus gave a huge lurch forward.

He topples over and it takes a few moments before he realizes he has indeed landed in the man's lap. He should probably get up right away, but he hesitates.

"I-I-I... I'm sorry, the bus, uh," He bolts up.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:52 pm

Alvin is both horrified and delighted to find the poor kid in his lap. As soon as the kid scrambles to his feet he casually crosses his legs. He's a bit sad he jumps to his feet right away but it's probably for the better.

"Don't worry about it; it was an accident," he smirks wryly as if the idea of it being on purpose would be totally acceptable as well. He really shouldn't be flirting with a kid who is likely half his age but he's not the best at making decisions.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:56 pm

Jude grabs the bar tighter and averts his eyes, face a bright red. The man's lap was far too comfortable, he'd gotten carried away, he thinks, utterly embarrassed. It figures he'd fall like that, though a part of him is grateful it was on someone so handsome. All the same, he pushes it out of his mind as best he can because he knows he shouldn't be so interested in older people, especially older men.

"I-I'm still sorry, I should've paid better attention..." He continues, covering half his face with his free hand.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:05 pm

"Come on now, I promise it wasn't the worst experience of my life," he teases him without thinking. It's all too easy; this kid is way too cute, especially with how red his face is and how easily flustered he is. "Don't worry about it, really."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:10 pm

Easier said than done, especially since he's flirting with him. Jude dips his head a little and tries not to let his face get any redder, but it's completely in vain. The fact that he's not angry, though, does help quiet his worries a little bit. He offers a little, sheepish smile and meets Alvin's eyes, if only for a second.

"I... I'm Jude." He says, softly, still clearly nervous though. "It's uh, nice to meet you, even if that's... how."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:14 pm

"Alvin," he says, holding out his hand for Jude to shake. "It's nice meeting you, too. But if you plan on sitting on my lap again, at least give me some warning next time."

He flashes him a grin. It's a huge mistake considering the kid is definitely a high schooler at most, but hey, it's harmless. He'll probably never seen him again after this, save for maybe on the bus once or twice before he gets his car fixed, and that'll be it.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:20 pm

Jude shakes his hand, and even if he's nervous his grip is strong enough to seem like he's not. He's practiced quite a bit. His words make his heart skip a beat, though, and he turns his cheek again, still much too embarrassed.

"I-I don't... plan on it..." He mumbles, trying to pretend that grin doesn't make his chest tighten severely. He's all too aware of his age, here, but he knows he probably won't see the guy again, so it's less terrifying to think about. "...not, um, yet, anyways."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:27 pm

Not yet. He snickers. 

"Well, I'm just saying; the offer stands if you just give me forewarning," he chuckles and leans back in his seat. That was it, the last flirtatious remark he'd make, he tells himself. Besides, he was finally almost to school. He wouldn't be tempted to flirt with him any longer and he could bury himself in school work and forget all about this.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:39 pm

Jude can't help but laugh a little bit, even if his heart is pounding at the idea. It's only a few moments until they're at the school at last, anyways, so he grins a little bit.

"I'll think about it." He teases back, as the bus pulls into the school stop. "Nice meeting you..." He almost giggles again, adjusting his glasses a little bit and hurrying off the bus.

Things are pretty relaxed for him on the first day, minus when Leia tackled him with a hug even though they'd literally spent all day together Sunday. He doesn't mind too much, if only because he's happy to have at least one friend. She introduced him to her new, horribly abrasive friend Agria, too. She called him a loser and dragged Leia away to their first class together. Leia seemed happy, at least, so he was okay.

His honors classes are rough. But he's not super concerned, because he'd managed to breeze through the beginning sections of notes easier than most of his classmates (including a boy with silver hair who stared harshly at him when he set down his pencil). He tries to lay low, if only because he'd rather not make conflict where there doesn't need to be any. The first five classes are perfectly fine, until he heads to sixth period and the teacher isn't back from the five-minute break yet. But then, Jude's a little early as he always was in middle school.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Alvin walks into his classroom, taking a sip of coffee from his mug despite the fact that it's sixth period and therefore long past the time he should be consuming coffee. He scans the class and almost spits out the drink of coffee in his mouth but somehow manages to swallow it. It hurts. The kid hasn't noticed him quite yet but he will any minute and the second he does it's going to be beyond awkward. He slicks his hair back anxiously, averting his eyes.

He had spent the better part of his morning flirting with a student, which was bad enough, but one who was in his class, nonetheless. He was going to get fired. Definitely. 

He sets his cup down on his desk and tries to do his best to avoid making eye contact with the student who had been in his lap just hours previously. He glances at the clock. He has a minute before class starts but it's never felt so harrowing before.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:53 pm

It probably shouldn't take Jude so long to notice who the teacher is. It's almost a full minute after he first glanced at the teacher, and then he looks back up from the notes as his synapses put two and two together.

"Ah--" He starts, then covers his mouth, eyes huge at the revelation. He was going to be expelled. He dips his head again and tries to bury himself in the notes from his other classes, heart pounding like he's done something horribly horribly wrong. Which, he supposes, he has, so that doesn't help at all.

The rest of the class shuffles in and Leia is happy to see Jude shares this one with her, though the smile he gives her is nerve-wracked. She just nudges him and teases him for his, ahem, 'interests'. He nudges her back and turns a bright red.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:02 pm

He stands up on shaky legs and closes the door as the last few students pour in. He saunters back to the board where he's written his name, Mr. Svent, along with, 'Welcome to English'.

"I know it's the last class of the day, but let me hold your attention for one more hour, all right?" he says, eyeing the crowd. "Settle down so I can take roll."

He scans over the student list which clearly lists Jude Mathis as one of his students. Great. It's definitely him. He runs a hand through his hair before he takes roll, hesitating only when he gets to Jude's name.

"Jude Mathis?" he knows he should act like he doesn't know him but he ends up glancing right at him as he calls his name, anyway.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:10 pm

He knows he shouldn't be thinking too hard about it, shouldn't be staring straight ahead and should really be paying better attention, but hearing him say his name is the only thing he catches in his spacing out.

"H-Here!" He gasps after far too long a moment of quiet, eyes wide. "S-Sorry, sir." Leia rolls her eyes at her thirsty friend. He's used to being embarrassed but this is an entirely different level. His face is only redder as he tilts his head down meekly. So much for a good day of classes.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:20 pm

Sir. He frowns at that more than he means to. It's appropriate, given the situation, but it feels oddly strange to have someone whom he had been flirting with call him sir, and not even in a sexy context, either. In a completely appropriate, he's literally the teacher, and he's literally the student kind of context.

He returns to roll call, and then onto the getting to know students part of the day and finally to assigning students reading to do for the week. First book, Romeo and Juliet, because of course it is. And then, before class is out, he quietly asks Jude to stay afterwards, as awkward as it is, because he feels like he had better set things straight before anything else.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:25 pm

Jude's read it before and is beyond pleased to get to read it again. He's got his own copy and he'd been hoping for it in the first place, so he gives a little grin to Leia, who laughs and shakes her head. He's grateful for that much, at least.

He's feeling a little better when Alvin asks him to stay after for a little, but he still turns bright red, still completely embarrassed.

"S-Sir, I am so sorry, I wasn't... I didn't know you were my teacher, and I..." He blurts out, but keeps his volume soft. "I... I'm sorry..."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:29 pm

"N-no, don't..." he says, quietly, glancing around the room for anyone who might have an inkling of what's going on. "Don't apologize, and don't call me, sir, honestly, it makes me feel old. Look, just...give me a few minutes after class."

He tries to smile but it looks as pained as it feels, he's sure.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:32 pm

The other kids shuffle out of class, and Leia frowns at the teacher for only a second as she leaves. Jude lingers, squeezing the strap of his messenger bag and looking aside momentarily. The class is emptied out in short order.

"Sorry, um... Mister Svent." He furrows his brow tightly. "I really didn't know, and... It won't happen again..."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:36 pm

"It's my fault," he says, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. If Julius found out about this, he would never let it go. It was too bad he had already mentioned to it Julius this morning and he had casually left out the part where the kid had been likely underage. And now he turned out to be his student. Even better. "Just...let's just pretend this morning never happened, that way I don't get...well," he shrugs, frowning, "fired."

He laughs without humor and looks towards him, praying that he just never brings it up ever again for as long as they're in class together which...is going to be the next year. He inwardly groans.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:42 pm

His brow stays tightly furrowed and he nods hurriedly, squeezing the strap again in his nerves. Upon closer sight he really is handsome. It's going to be difficult, but Jude thinks he can probably manage it. Hopefully. He prays.

"No, I, I won't say anything, I don't want you to get into trouble either..." He says, completely honestly. "I... I'm still sorry for it..." He sighs out and heads for the door. "...I'm, uh, I'm looking forward to the reading." He offers weakly, trying not to stare at his face so openly as he tries to lighten the topic.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Alvin sighs in relief as Jude tries to change the subject. At least there was that. 

"Oh, you like Shakespeare?" he teases, raising an eyebrow. 

This kid was probably some sort of honors student, wasn't he? Even worse. Cute and smart; his two downfalls. He was pretty screwed.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:52 pm

"I actually love Shakespeare!" He smiles a little bit less sheepishly than he did before, clutching the bag a little excitedly. "I've read Romeo and Juliet so many times I can't keep track of it. My second favorite is Midsummer Night's Dream, though." His eyes might just sparkle a little bit at the prospects of someone actually listening to him talk.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top