Best Prom Ever

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best Prom Ever

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:41 pm

Ludger had gotten rejected. By Nova. Again. For about the millionth time at this point. And now he had no one else to ask. He was going to ask Jude to go with him as a pity sort of thing but he had convinced Alvin to be a chaperone and thus he was semi sort of taking him. Which left him either going alone (he had already bought his suit and everything), or not going at all. And he didn't want to explain to Julius why he'd made him buy him a suit when if he wasn't going to end up going. So, there was a third options of sorts...

This wasn't the best idea he had ever had, but maybe he could somehow convince Julius to go with him as a chaperone. It wouldn't have to be romantic in any way, much as Ludger wished desperately it could be. By this point, Julius probably realized he was buttering him up because he had made his favorite, pasta margherita with extra tomatoes. Almost too many tomatoes. He really wanted this.

He kicks his legs at the table, toying with his food as he scrunches up his nose in thought, trying to decide how to carefully word his proposal.

Instead, what came out is, "will you be my date for prom?" he cringes as the words escape his mouth and shoves a bite of food into his mouth as to avoid having to explain.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Prom Ever

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Julius thinks he would have to be blind to not notice how Ludger looks at him--he's really not subtle anymore (not that he was really ever subtle) about how he ogles Julius. It's almost uncomfortable how he does, but Julius supposed he must seem just as bad with how he stares at Ludger.

He can only hope Ludger's feelings leave by the time he graduates, but the date is slowly approaching and his feelings seem to only be getting worse. He blames himself.

It's for these reasons he's apprehensive about how much Ludger is making his favorite lately, as he's clearly trying to get him in a good mood. Not that it isn't working. But when Ludger asks that, he almost drops his fork.

"...I'm sorry, what?" He asks, his eyes widening slightly behind his glasses.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:57 pm

"I..." he stammers, covering his mouth in embarrassment. "I just mean, Nova...said no...and Jude also isn't even going with my as a friend, and I don't want to go alone, so..."

He looks away, toying with his food again.

"...I was thinking you could come with me. As a chaperone. Or something. So I wouldn't have to be alone."

Perfect. This was exactly how he'd hoped this would go; him stammering in embarrassment and looking like a total idiot. He wants to bang his head on the table but instead he stabs a piece of tomato with his fork.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:03 pm

Julius looks aside in thought as Ludger explains his situation. He feels terrible for it, really, and solemnly wishes Ludger could make more friends. He'd always come back to him, after all...  

"...I understand, and I would like to, but I..." He rests the fork against the plate and rubs his face with clear concern. "...I don't think I can." It feels... odd to be his brother's date for prom, even if not in reality. His cute, cute brother...
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:13 pm

"B-but," he protests, pouting without realizing it. "...I don't want to go alone."

He sighs and this time he really does lay down onto the table, shoving his plate out of the way. He really wanted Julius to go with him. It wasn't real and it wouldn't mean anything to Julius, but it would mean a lot to him. The thought of it made his heart beat faster. He had to remind himself Julius hadn't even agreed and likely wouldn't, but he could dream.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:18 pm

This was the reaction he'd expected. He sighs faintly and pats the poor kid's head, leaning foward a little bit and staring down at him. It's always hard to say no to Ludger... Especially when he gets like this. Julius thinks he absolutely would do anything to make Ludger feel better, so he musters up enough will to just give in. 

"...Alright, alright. I'll see if I can get the night off. But I can't promise anything." He says firmly, massaging his brow in thought. "...okay?"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 pm

Julius says he can't promise anything but Ludger's eyes light up anyway. He would figure out something, he always did when it came to doing things for Ludger. At least, Ludger hoped he would.

"Thank you," he says with a wide smile. "I love you."

It's not often he tells Julius he loves him anymore, because it always makes his heart skip a beat to do so, but this time it feels appropriate enough.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Those words make his chest tighten. They shouldn't make him feel so warm, Ludger is simply his brother. But now he says it so sparingly that they warm his heart every single time he hears them. They put a light smile on his face. 

"I love you too, Ludger." He sighs, admiring his smile. Ludger is too cute for his own good. This can't end well by any stretch of the imagination.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:47 pm

It would be fine, absolutely fine. Ludger had just convinced his brother to come with him to his prom. There was nothing remotely weird or any sort of romantic undertone to that. Even with how Julius' smile makes him feel, this would be fine.

-x-

As it turned out, it wasn't fine. Ludger hadn't been prepared for quite how nice Julius would look in a suit. This had been a mistake; he couldn't do this. He was currently hiding in his room after just a glimpse of his brother. Sure, he wore suits almost every day to his job but this, this was different. Julius was dressing up for him...sort of. He was struggling to tie his tie but he couldn't bring himself to ask Julius for help. At this rate they were going to be super late; Jude had already asked where he was about three times. He groans loudly and buries his face in his hands. This was not going well already.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:56 pm

He has the sinking feeling this is going to end badly, he thinks, as he fixes his tie and stares into the mirror idly. Ludger is taking quite a while to get himself ready, and while he can sympathize, they're already quite late for the dance in the first place. He knocks on the door, shifting his weight to his other side and waiting. 

"Hey. Are you ready yet? Do you need a hand?" He asks, leaning against the wall near the door. "We need to get going."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:02 pm

"I know!" he says, the exasperation evident in his voice. He hopes Julius doesn't think it's directed at him (even though it totally is his fault). Inevitably, he opens the door and angrily shoves the uncooperative tie into Julius' hands, ignoring how warm and nice his hands feel against his fingers. He stares at the floor so as to avoid looking at Julius directly. "...I can't do it."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:06 pm

He can't stop himself from smiling lightly and laughing a little bit. Ludger never really did get tying a tie down, so he supposes he shouldn't be surprised that this is what he was hung up on.

"I understand." He sighs, looping the tie around his neck and gingerly tying it, looking to Ludger perhaps more lovingly than he ought to. "You look good." He says, genuinely, finishing off the knot carefully. He pats the tie down and lets his hand linger a little bit.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm

It was even worse than he had imagined it would be, having Julius' fingers at his chest. It was embarrassing enough having to ask for help in the first place, and now his entire face felt hot and red. Julius' compliment doesn't help at all.

"...thank you," he says quietly, trying to control his out of control heart beat. "...I'm ready, uh, whenever..."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:19 pm

He pats Ludger's shoulder sympathetically and rests it at his back.

"Then let's get going, okay?" He asks, somewhat hoping he can relax him just a little more. "We're already late, but that's fine by me. I just worry about you." He leads him along and they make their way towards the car, as vaguely uncomfortable as the walk might be.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:31 pm

"You don't need to worry about me," he mumbles, hiding his face by looking the other way. It's a weak protest because Julius probably should worry about him, especially given the fact that he's horribly in love with him.

Its an awkward walk to the car, not to mention the car ride there. He's currently regretting his decision no matter how much he desperately wanted this just a few hours previous. He forces a smile onto his face, anyway, because Julius really does look good in a suit. He's pretty subtle in his glances, at least, he thinks he is. Julius really, really does look good in that suit. But he'd definitely look better afterwards, when he was taking off his jacket and his shirt, ruffling his currently slicked back hair into it's more natural state...

Ludger frowns deeply at his own thoughts and prays they reach their destination sooner rather than later.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:37 pm

Ludger couldn't be subtle if his life depended on it. But frankly, if Ludger learned to be subtle, he would miss it, and he'd really feel... alone in his disgusting feelings. And as selfish as that might be, it's all he can hope for. He puts on a smile in return, still utterly anxious of what's coming next.

"We're here." He says, as the car pulls in. Ludger seemed to be spacing out pretty badly, so he supposes it's best to get his attention anyways. "You ready?"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Ludger snaps back to reality and self consciously checks to make sure that he hadn't started to actually drool. He's beyond grateful that his body hadn't betrayed him in that way, at least.

"I'm fine, I mean," he takes a deep breath. "I'm ready."

It was crowded and full of kids and Ludger had no idea where Jude was, but given that they were pretty late, he was likely in some supply closet making out with Alvin. He crinkled his nose at the thought. They were gross. (As if he wasn't).

He grabbed Julius' sleeve in order to avoid getting swept away into the crowd.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:55 pm

Julius is not surprised by how cramped the dance is, even if he has only the vaguest sense of what his own prom was. It was a dark time for him, really, and he put most of those times out of his mind once he formally starting caring for Ludger. It's not something he is comfortable thinking about and the place is making him think about it more than he would like to. He finds himself taking Ludger's hand without thinking, needing to ground himself if only momentarily.

"Is, uh. Is Jude here?" He asks, even if his voice sounds wavering he wants Ludger to have a good time.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:07 pm

For a split moment he's entirely all too focused on Julius taking his hand to register the waver to Julius' voice. But after he gets over that he realizes and he frowns.

"I don't know where he is," he says honestly, but he's too distracted by pushing through the crowd and directing Julius into an empty hallway and away from the crowd to really think too hard about where he might be. The noise of the crowd and the music is still audible, but it's muffled, at least. It's dark in the hallway, darker than he's frankly comfortable with. But at least it's less overwhelming.

"There. A bit better?" He purses his lips, trying to smile reassuringly at his brother.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:15 pm

Ludger knows right away. Ludger can always tell when he's overwhelmed, when he's upset, when he's hurt, even. It warms his heart to know Ludger would do this for him, even at the cost of his own enjoyment. It means far more than he could ever say to him. He doesn't let go of his hand. Not yet.

"Better. Thank you." He responds, completely honestly, looking into Ludger's eyes. "You... should go back in there. You don't have to cater to my needs, it's your night. I'll be here when you need me." He feels ashamed that a dance could make him feel so terribly.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:20 pm

"But, you're my date," he says with a stupid grin. "I can't just leave you here all alone. Besides, I'm the one who dragged you here, so..."

Also he doesn't want to let go of Julius' hand. He hopes that part, at least, isn't super obvious. After all, he really does care about him, and he really is worried.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:26 pm

His date, he thinks, sighing lightly. He deserves so much better than his murderer of a big brother, someone with so much blood on his hands he can't even think about crowded, darkened rooms. Thinking about how much Ludger loves him almost makes him feel sick.

"Ludger, I want you to have a good time." He says softly, genuinely, and squeezes his hand. Utterly selfish, he knows, but he can't help himself. "I'll be okay."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:35 pm

"Are you sure...?" he asks, frowning deeply. He does want to go and socialize, just a bit, mainly to see if Nova will change her mind after all (because maybe she will distract him from his horrible crush on his brother), but he really doesn't want to leave Julius here alone. He covers Julius' hand with his own, lightly tracing Julius' knuckles with his fingers. "Are you really sure...?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:40 pm

He's not sure. One side of him isn't sure he wants Ludger to leave him alone, wants to selfishly pull him close and spend the time here with him. The other side wants desperately to let Ludger be normal and happy.

"I'm sure, Ludger. I'll be alright on my own, so don't worry too much about me. That's my job, after all." His hands are so soft against his own callouses it makes a shiver run up his spine. He loves him so dearly.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:50 pm

Ludger bites his lip. Julius clearly wants him to go and have fun and all that good stuff, which is what he should be doing, but he isn't sure he can have fun when he knows Julius will be all alone. Especially because he knows how Julius can get when he's like this. He sighs lightly and squeezes Julius' hand.

"...I don't want to leave you, though," he says, finally. "I don't think I would have a lot of fun if I knew you were back here, alone and bored, you know."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top