Debt and repayment

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Debt and repayment

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:51 pm

He stretches his arms and folds his hand behind his head. Jude hasn't tried to kick him out yet so he figures he might as well test his luck for the second time that day. 

"Curious," he replies but it's clearly not the whole truth. "You're a med student, right? So you're some sort of prodigy?" 
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:54 pm

He doesn't get a lot of actual company, besides Ludger, so he lets it slide just this once and speaks with him. It might not be his best choice yet, but it doesn't matter too much.

"I guess. Prodigy is a weird word for it, though. I dropped out of highschool in freshman year and just got my GED and went to college." He leaves out that he'd been accepted at a prestigious medical school, but Alvin can easily infer that from the uniform hanging on the wall.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:57 pm

To Alvin, anyone who finished high school was smarter than he was, let alone someone who has gotten into a prestigious college at 17 no less. He had definitely eyed that uniform on his wall, although it had been with less than kosher thoughts. 

"You have your GED which is more than I can say," he says honestly. "Why'd you run away from home?" It isn't hard to infer that's what happened. He bets it was because of abusive parents.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:03 pm

"Because I hated it." He snorts and idly thinks about getting something to drink, though it takes a while for him to make up his mind before he gets up and heads to his fridge. "Because my dad thought I wasn't enough of a man, because my mom could never take my side, because I wasn't good enough. The usual stuff you hear from runaways. Want a beer?" He's not lying, so it makes his chest ache slightly to think about it.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:15 pm

"Sure," he says and he takes that as an opportunity to hop down from the table and take a seat on Jude's couch. "Pretty typical, I was kind of hoping for something more juicy, you know, like your dad kept you in the basement and your mom beat you daily and they only fed you wet bread and flat orange soda."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:19 pm

"Maxwell, no." He almost cackles at the idea, grabbing the pair of beers and walking back to the couch. He flops back down and hands off the bottle to the other man, seating himself cross-legged. Alvin came at a time before he'd changed out of his casual clothes, he thinks thankfully, for whatever reason. "Nope. Just a 'prodigy' sick of his parents."

Last edited by sirenangel on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:30 pm

He laughs as he accepts the beer. It's cheap shit and he thinks he'll bring something better next time. As if he's already assuming there will be a next time. He smirks to himself as he takes a drink from his bottle. 

"Almost forgot," he reaches into his jacket and hands Jude a wad of bills that's even thicker than the last. "I'm too lazy to count it so just take the extra as upfront for next time." Except that Alvin had every intention to pay him next time as well. He grins at him.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:34 pm

"You really don't have to pay me that much." He snorts, though he gladly takes the wad of cash and might just let his fingers stay a little longer than they should. "I'm not nearly so expensive to seduce. I'm much more about personal connection." He shifts and leans back, taking a drink off his bottle. It's gross, but he's gotten used to the taste.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:46 pm

"Oh, really?" He grins like an idiot. "Well, keep it anyway; I don't have much use for it."

Alvin leans against the edge of the couch. "So, Jude Mathis, what do you do for fun?"

Probably not a whole lot but he could squeeze something out of him even if it took all night
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:49 pm

"Full name, huh. Well, I don't do much of anything. Studying and treating people are kind of the bare bones of it. You don't really make friends when all you do is write papers, research, and have, er, hands-on practice." A nice way of putting what he does for a living, he thinks. Jude takes a longer drink and sticks a leg out, barely touching his hip. "How about you, smart guy?"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:15 pm

"Let's see," he muses, rubbing his chin. "I work out, I go to the shooting range, I enjoy reading fashion magazines," he says, but as he talks his hobbies all sound either scary or boring. "Hm, guess I'm not much better than you in that regard." He chuckles.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:16 pm

"Nothing like being a workaholic to really help your personal life, right?" He smirks and drinks again. Ah, there it is. The buzz hits him and he couldn't be more grateful. "I have probably like, three friends. And two are clients. And I could never introduce any of them." He sighs. Such is the life.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:42 pm

"You've still got me beat," he says honestly, and he laughs softly as he places his now empty bottle aside. "The closes thing to a friend I have is a cousin who promised to shoot me if I ever visit again. Still texts me though." Balan is an enigma.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:45 pm

Jude finishes his own bottle and sets it aside, too.

"Well, you can be another of my un-introduce-able friends, how about that." He stretches out his other leg and yawns. "The other three are classified, but that's how it goes." He pokes him with a foot and smirks a little bit. The couch is way small.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:51 pm

"Fine, fine, but I really wouldn't try to kill them," he pauses, "at least not while you were around. It's rude to kill a friend's friends." 

No promises on if/when he saw them outside the apartment, though. 

Alvin yawns and leans back on the couch. "I should probably get home," he says as he glances at his watch. It's almost midnight. "But now that we're friends, am I allowed to drop by during daylight hours?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:57 pm

He snorts lightly. "I don't know that I believe even that."

"Yeah. Just make sure to knock. If I'm not at the door in like, under a couple of minutes, come back later because I'm either working or at school." He explains, smirking lightly. "If I get the door, it's fine. Got it?" He's got the same rule with Ludger, too.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:04 pm

"No worries," he says, getting to his feet. "I'll be good, promise."

He ruffles Jude's hair affectionately even it's probably crossing a line.

"Next time I'll bring booze," he says with a grin.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:08 pm

He smirks a little bit at that. He doubts it, seeing as his only other friends in town are the next in line for the Kresniks and the acting head of the Maxwells. He could meet Leia, probably, he thinks.

"Good. Bring something sweet. Besides yourself." He teases, turning and leaning on his knees. "Thanks for the patronage."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:11 pm

"Ha ha," he says dryly but he's still smiling. "Hopefully next visit I won't bleed on you. But then again, I don't know what you're into."

He grins at him and waves. "Seeya soon. Don't get killed."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:17 pm

"I'll try." He smirks a little bit. He's not really too worried, even if he knows he ought to be in the climate of the families right now. "Same to you. At least come see me first."

--
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:31 pm

True to his word, Alvin shows up in the late afternoon a few weeks later carrying a bottle of cupcake vodka and strawberry soda. He'd say it's a lucky guess but truthfully he had stabbed Marcus and made him scope out Jude's place beforehand for his preference of soda. Besides, Marcus deserved it for one thing or another. Probably.

He knocks on the door and waits patiently, adjusting his scarf around his neck. He was dressed maybe just too nice but that's not entirely unusual for him so Jude probably wouldn't notice. Not that he cared what he thought, he tells himself.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:37 pm

Jude pops the door open in maybe ten seconds, pleasantly surprised to see Alvin standing there rather than some mook, or Marcus again. He smiles widely, maybe looking him up and down in a curious way.

"Jeez. Did I agree to a date or something?" He smirks, ushering him in and locking the door. "You look good. Makes me feel underdressed." He's simply wearing his casual clothes, a pair of shorts and a tank top. As per usual.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:53 pm

Jude thought he looked good. It made him far happier than it should have. Besides, Jude looked far too cute in those shorts for his own good. It was a miracle someone hadn't tried to take advantage of him yet. Or rather, Alvin was beginning to believe he really did kick the ass of anyone who made a move on him. It was a scary thought as much as it was comforting.

Alvin hands Jude the bag containing the soda and the vodka and says, "like promised. You said you wanted something sweet, right?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:58 pm

His smile brightens to a genuine one, for the first time in a long while and he takes the bag.

"Seriously? Strawberry's my favorite." He laughs, face a faint red at the gesture. Even if he'd been snooping to find that out, it still makes him feel... happy to know he bothered to. "I'll mix us some drinks. Thank you, honestly." He shuffles into the kitchen, which really isn't a very long trek with how small the apartment is.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:02 pm

Alvin is stupidly proud that he'd managed to coax a real, genuine smile from him. It makes his heart skip a beat. 

"Lucky guess," he says, completely straight faced. "It's no big deal, really. I owe you my life two times over now."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum