Debt and repayment

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Debt and repayment

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:54 pm

As far as things go, Jude's life is going pretty weirdly. Running away at 14, getting his GED, going through community college and still managing to land a spot at Fennmont University's prestigious medical wing, Talim, (at only 17, no less) was weird enough. But now he's got loans he has next to no way of paying, and he gets to couple that with his apartment rent (absurdly high, because of the college in town). At first, he was terrified, completely and totally terrified. He'd landed a job, but the hours were horrible and the pay only covered his rent, so he was stuck continuing to look elsewhere while balancing his school, job, and empty void of a personal life all together.

And then he got lucky. Or extremely unlucky. He chanced upon a man in an alleyway riddled with bullet holes and only barely clinging to life, and managed to get him back to his apartment. Carrying him, he'd been grateful to live on the first floor for the first time. The man pulled through with ease due to Jude's shockingly advanced skills. The man was more than grateful and repaid Jude with more money than he'd literally ever seen in his life. Ever. He almost cried on the guy, who laughed at him for it.

And suddenly, people were showing up on his doorstep. Some with knife wounds, some with bullet wounds, some with other, much more mundane injuries but all of a similar, skeevy type. It only took the second guy to show up for him to realize he'd accidentally made a deal with the mafia. Which figures, he thinks, his life was already fucking crazy.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Debt and repayment

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:09 am

Alvin had heard of this guy from Marcus who had heard of him from Maxwell knows where, but he didn't care, not with the copiously bleeding knife wound in his side that had been far too close to his lungs for his comfort. Damn that Kresnik; he really would kill him one of these days. And to think, before the split in their clan he had babysat him. Now he was bleeding from a near fatal knife wound from him. 

Alvin knocked on the door to the dingy apartment, his other hand over his side to stop the bleeding. His breathing was more labored than he'd like. He prayed the guy was home; it was almost 2 in the morning, but regardless, people in this city kept weird hours.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:17 am

Another one late at night. He's way more zen about it than he used to be, hell, he used to hastily run for the door to see what could possibly be wrong at two in the goddamned morning, but now he just knows it's some dude who got shot or stabbed. Probably a regular, if they have enough balls to wake him up like this. He yawns and forces himself to get up, still wearing those cute pajamas Leia had sent him. He literally couldn't care less what those guys saw him look like because his artes could easily take them out if he so chose. So it didn't matter.

He pops open the door and ushers the guy in, yawning again.

"Lay down on the table there." He'd wound up buying a medical examination table after fifty or so full house clean-ups due to blood. "If you need me to help, tell me."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:24 am

He's a kid, sixteen, maybe seventeen but that's stretching it. And damn if he isn't kind of cute, too. Where the hell had Marcus heard about him from? Plus, those pajamas. He stifles a laugh, because he knows better than to piss off his doctor but he can't help it.

"Nah, it's not that bad, doc," he says, but the labored breathing really makes it hard to sound casual. 

He lays down on the table and begins to peel away the layers of his now tattered suit. Too bad; white looked damn good on him, too.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:28 am

"Mmm-hm. That's what every guy says. Svent, I bet?" He smirks, though it's very sleepily. He'd already been awake too long studying, so he's tired from that in the first place, let alone being jolted awake, again, the seventh time this week alone.

Beats his old job, though, he thinks, helping the guy tug his jacket off. He never does catch anyone's names here. It's for the better, if what Ludger (the only person he bothers remembering the name of) says is true.

"Man. Somebody hates you. How'd you even get here with a wound like that?" He furrows his brow, and would think on it more if he actually had the capability to. He grabs a kit and douses a pad with alcohol. "This'll sting, so brace yourself." He dabs it against the wound and holds it there for just a moment.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:36 am

"That's me," he says right before he inhales sharply at the sting of the alcohol. He let's out a few more choice swears before he says, "yeah, he pretty much does hate me. Guess he got jealous I looked better in white than him." He chuckles even though it hurts. He decides to stay quiet about how he got here; the answer was an unglamorous trudge through dark alleyways and threatening a taxi driver. 

"How's a kid like you get wrapped in this nasty business, anyway? You kill someone?" He doubts it but the thought amuses him. "Ooh, or I bet you fucked the wrong guy's wife, or husband," he snickers. "Or brother."

Last edited by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:39 am

It's a little depressing that he immediately knows who he's talking about. He snorts faintly as he dabs the wound one last time for good measure.

"I helped some asshole and he told his friends." Jude grins, and there's no humor whatsoever on his face. "Ta-daaaah. Mafia doctor." He shuts his eyes and covers the wound with his hands.

"Hold still. It'll hurt if you don't." He focuses over the wound and channels the arte.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:47 am

Ah, he wonders briefly if Marcus himself was the idiot who'd dragged this poor kid into all this. He'd really kill him if that was the case. Still, it sure beat sneaking into Rideaux's and paying his extravagant fee for keeping quiet. Plus, he was pretty sure Rideaux was running some questionable experiments in that place of his. 

He does as he's told, though, and sits still as he can. It hurts but what else is new. At least he's cute, which gives him something else to focus on as he heals him.

"Hey, so, are you just a doctor or do you offer other services?" He grins at him, though there's a hint of a serious tone to his voice.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:52 am

His arte is stable and the wound closes up in mere moments, even with the man's... questions. He's been asked weirder things, like 'would you help me hide a body'?

"If you think I'm going to fuck you, you're wrong." He gets that more often than he wishes he would. "My other services include MMA and throwing people out of my apartment." Plus, Ludger would likely be completely pissed if he fucked a Svent anyways. Especially one so much hotter than him.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:02 am

"Hey, whoa, it was just a question," he raises his hands in mock surrender. Guess not. That doesn't stop him from eyeing his body anyway, especially after he mentions MMA. Too bad; he really was cute. And feisty. He could certainly appreciate that.

Alvin sits up and stretches his now sore arm before he digs a wad of bills from his pocket (which are soaked in his blood, subsequently).

"I'm sure this is more than your normal fee but chalk up the extra to me feeling bad about barging in so late," he smirks at him as he closes the kids hand around the money and let's his fingers linger too long. "I'm Alvin, by the way. Alvin Vint Svent." It wasn't proper to give someone as low in the food chain his name but he couldn't help himself. He was just too cute to resist flirting.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:08 am

And it is completely unsurprising that he'd guessed so correctly this man was a Svent. They were all kind of like this. Nothing like literally bloody money, he thinks, taking the bills and setting them aside. Not a lot of them would apologize for coming in so late, either, so in a way the man's a little bit endearing.

"Alvin. Got it." Maybe. He'll see how he feels in the morning. "Try to get stabbed a little earlier in the night, 'kay? I have a final tomorrow." He smirks and rests a hand on his hip. "Mathis. Jude Mathis."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:17 am

Mathis. The name rings a bell but it's distant and he doesn't care that much so he forgets about it for now.

He gets to his feet and pats Jude on the back.

"Thanks, kid, I owe you one," he says as he pulls his tattered jacket back on. "Well, not literally; I did pay you.

"Oh, one last thing," he says leaning in his doorway. "You should probably buy a better lock for your door because if I ever see those Kresnik brothers around here, I'll fucking kill them dead and I don't care who or what gets in my way. So, just some friendly advice. Better lock." 

He waves at him as he exits the apartment.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:26 am

"Funny, they said the same thing about you guys." He shrugs lightly. It's not like it's news, and besides, if he dies, at least he won't have to pay his debts anymore. If this guy stalks him that's just another one to rack up. Ludger's already trying to buy him over, even if it's completely ineffective. "It's just how things are. "And the landlord doesn't want me to alter the place, so. Eh." Sure, the security deposit is long gone, but even then he feels a little guilty going against him when he actually can control it.

Last edited by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:41 am

Yeah, it's no real surprise they've said the same thing. But, regardless, it would be too bad if he ended up killing this kid. He was pretty cute, after all.

-x-

Alvin is careful, beyond careful, and yet even when he's doing something routine, like checking their warehouse for stock, Julius gets the jump on him. And, consequently, he gets a knife in the thigh. This time, at least, he had gotten off a shot or two and he really hoped one hit him. Judging by the blood pooling on the warehouse floor where Julius had been just moments ago, at least one did. Good.

And now it was time to make the trek to Jude's place for the second time that month. He must seem pretty sloppy if he's getting shanked so often, but nothing could be farther from the truth.

Alvin knocks on the apartment door. It's only 10 pm this time around. At least he'd managed to keep his word and get stabbed earlier in the day. Unfortunately, it was a much worse wound than last time. He hadn't managed to hit the artery but damn he sure was bleeding like he had, and Alvin wasn't a fan of the way the blood was trickling down his leg.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:58 am

Jude hasn't seen either Kresnik for the past few weeks and he can't really determine whether he's thankful or worried. Ludger's been pissed that whole month and now he's not even sure if he's gotten himself killed or not, but Jude just tries to put it out of his mind. He shouldn't care, anyways. He's just another patient.

He'd only just sent out a Maxwell (what an utterly cocky name) about a half-hour ago when that Svent comes back. Alvin or something, he thinks? With a worse wound, too. He pops the door open and ushers him in, sighing lightly.

"Maxwell, that's a doozy." He mutters, and helps him onto the table because he knows he's not going to be able to make the hop. It's too high for that.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:17 pm

Alvin laughs even through the pain as he sits on the table. His pants are ruined, utterly, and he sighs slightly. At least he'd been wearing black this time.

"Yep, that's Julius' work for ya," he says and he helps Jude rip away at his pants so he examine the wound. It's probably bad to be naming people but he figures Jude is smart enough to catch on, what's the use of hiding it. "Missed the artery, though; pretty sloppy for him, if you ask me."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:24 pm

"Sheesh." He groans, examining the wound and grabbing his kit as always. Julius was another name he'd caught, but didn't much care to recall, really. Ludger's brother. Huh. He really would be pissed if Jude fucked this guy, hm. "He only barely missed it, but you know that from the fact you're not dead wherever you met him." He dabs the spot with a cloth soaked with alcohol and eyes Alvin momentarily.

Getting involved would be stupid. As always.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Alvin grins at him. He'd gotten really lucky. 

"I was kind of worried he'd be hanging around here, waiting to finish the job," he says, shrugging. "If I'm lucky, he's bleeding out in an alleyway somewhere and no nice med student will save his life."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:34 pm

"Well, you won't be seeing him around my place." He states flatly, not giving any further information than that. Ludger mentioned him going to some other guy, with the deepest frown he'd ever seen on his face. He dabs the wound a couple more times, then wets a washcloth to clean up the blood dripping down his leg. "Nice. I don't get called that very often." He snorts.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:40 pm

"Well, you saved a shady looking guy you found in your alleyway, which a thousand times nicer than anything I would have done," he says with another shrug. He probably would have put him out of his misery, plain and simple. "Well, I'm glad he doesn't come around here; means I probably won't even have to wreck your place trying to kill him. I'd feel bad, honestly."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:44 pm

"Well, I knew I could do it, so it would be nothing but inhumanity to just leave him there and let him bleed out like he wasn't a human being." He runs a hand through his hair. "Probably not. Their guys come here, but not them, usually." Not really true, but lately he hasn't seen head nor tail of Ludger. So it's a half-truth, of sorts. He rests his hands on the wound and concentrates, channeling the arte and shutting his eyes tight.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:49 pm

It feels better almost instantly. He let's out a sigh of relief, having not realized he had been holding his breath as he waited for Jude to heal him. 

"Say, you ever thought about becoming a medic for our side, long term?" He asks as he eyes Jude rather openly. He really was cute.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Jude rolls his shoulders, pops his knuckles, then moves to wash his hands. That question is one he hears quite a bit, too. He's considered it, certainly, but all of the families ask it once in a while.

"Not really." He says honestly, sitting down on the couch by the table. "It's a more stable job, sure, and I'm sure I'd get protection, but there's a lot of people who come to depend on me from all sides. I'm really not afraid of dying anymore anyways." It happens when you have huge piles of debt.

Last edited by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:44 pm

"Too bad; I'd pay good money for you," he says with a shrug. He sits up but he makes no move to leave the apartment this time around. "So, tell me doc, how old are you?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:46 pm

"I'll see how I feel when things quiet down. But I get a lot of patients from all the families." He leans against the arm of the couch, stretching out sleepily. "I turned seventeen a month ago. Why?" He knows why. He smirks lightly at him.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum