A poor choice

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A poor choice

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:13 am

He's right, Alvin knows that logically, but it isn't as if that was the reason he had done it. It had just been pure instinct. Pure instinct to save Jude from getting hurt. 

He looks down at Jude and ruffles his hair, though it's less enthusiastic than normal.

"Come on, you would have been fine," he says as casually as he can. "You're a lot quicker than I am, you would've managed."
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:42 am

The touch is comforting, too. He sighs faintly against him, adjusting himself a little more so he's not in danger of falling off.

"I wouldn't have been fast enough that time. I'm... glad you have confidence in me, but I know it would have killed me." He says, his voice more quiet. His warmth is almost lulling him to sleep. "...even if it was just an impulse... thank you."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:49 am

"Don't worry about it, it's my job, after all," he says, but it's not really the truth of the matter. He's sure Jude is more than aware of that. 

At least he's dozing off now, and Alvin won't have to worry about his suspicions much longer. He sure is cute, far too cute for his own good. It was no wonder he hadn't been able to resist him even back in Fenmount. 

He sighs softly, idly stroking Jude's hair. "Goodnight, kid."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:03 am

"You don't have to lie about that..." He mumbles against him, his breathing leveling out at last. "Good night, Alvin..."

It's moments later that he's out cold, tightly holding him.

When he wakes up, he's dismayed to find he'd been drooling, as he always does. Even if it still aches a little bit to do so he pushes himself up and wipes his mouth... and Alvin's chest. Jeez. He looks the room over, and it looks like either they rented a separate room upon seeing the remains of the bedsheet, or they'd already gotten one by the time they got to the inn. It's a little lonely waking up with just him and Alvin, but he's also a little grateful.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:14 am

Alvin stirs shortly afterwards, but he's wide awake upon receiving a painful jolt as he tries to sit up. He spits out a few choice swears before he gives up on that plan of action and lays down, breathing unsteadily. 

He latches a hand on to the back of Jude's shirt.

"Hey, I, uh," he clears his throat. "I don't think I'm gonna be ready to leave today. Do you think they'd agree to another day of rest?"

Milla would fight Jude about it, he's sure, but Jude would likely use his natural charm (aka his puppy dog eyes) and wiggle another day out of her. Even with Jude's healing he's not sure he'll be all right even after another day but he certainly isn't going anywhere today.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:26 am

Jude turns to face him as he speaks, and nods firmly in response. He doesn't want to admit it just yet, but he feels the exact same way.

"I... I think Milla will understand. Well... if she doesn't, then Rowen will understand." He laughs a little, even if it hurts. His head is still aching from last night. "...I won't be long, okay?" His tone is light, concerned. He crawls out of the bed, immediately missed the warmth of the other man, and heads out of the room.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:37 am

He wasn't going to die from it anymore, but it sure felt like he was. He must have barely moved all night because he was sore all over, but it hurt more to move than to not so he would have to be patient, which was not his strong suit. Moreover, Jude's head must be killing him. There wasn't much more he could do on his own. A little bit here and there, likely. Although even just enough to take the edge off would be welcome.

He glances around the room and realizes that no one else slept in any of the other beds and it would likely just be him and Jude all day long. A blessing and a curse. He knows better than to let himself get too cozy with him, but...he can't help it. He's absolutely smitten with him even if he tries very hard to pretend that isn't the case. At least he can't do much in that state. At least there was that.

He surveys the bandages around his abdomen and they're soaked with blood. He also realizes that Jude had apparently laid on his chest all night because he had definitely drooled on him. He laughs and it hurts but it's too funny not to. He wipes the rest of them away and lays his head back.

He really was in love with him, wasn't he?
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:44 am

"So," he starts, as he opens the door back up with a few more supplies in his hands. A roll of fresh bandages topples to the floor and he skitters to grab it again, before moving to the bag and dragging it to the bed. "they're all okay with another day of rest. Leia and Rowen say get better, and Elize said she doesn't care but Teepo said he's glad you're okay."

He grins, even if it hurts a little bit. He's gotten a glass of water and some food, too, and he already felt a lot better. He'd grabbed some for Alvin, too, and sets it down at the bedside table.

"I got you some eggs and bacon, and some water. And some ointment so the wound won't sting so badly." He rises and moves to replace the bandages, utterly soaked.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:52 am

Alvin chuckles softly despite how much it hurts to do so. Elize still hadn't forgiven him yet. Then again, that was for the better. 

He helps Jude change his bandages even if he's grumbling and complaining about it the entire time. It really does hurt like a bitch. He was definitely thinking twice before he stepped in front of Jude next time. He knows that isn't really true but he thinks it anyway.

"Hey," he says, motioning towards the plate. "Mind helping me eat? I'm...really sore."

He grins at bit too mischievously for Jude not to see right through his intentions of getting Jude to feed him.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:56 am

He knows that look right away, and even if he knows it's just a ploy to get Jude to feed him, he also knows he really could hurt himself eating with that wound. So, even if his face is a soft pink at the idea, he adjust Alvin's pillows so he can sit a little bit easier, and scoops up a bite of the food for him. He wants to look away, but... it also feels kind of nice to dote on him like this. Jude finds himself smiling a little bit.

"Say 'ahh'." He teases softly.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:02 pm

Oh, what the others would think if they could see this. It makes him stupidly proud to think about it. But he's also quite glad it's just them because he certainly doesn't want anyone else to know he really is in too much pain to eat on his own.

"Aah," Alvin teases back, but he really is grateful for Jude's help.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:07 pm

Jude laughs lightly and carefully feeds him, smile still fixed pleasantly on his face. It's a little bit exciting to be so close to him alone like this, and he'd be lying if he said his heart wasn't racing at the thought of it. Like it's some secret they get to share and the rest of their group doesn't. Something for only Jude and Alvin. He's completely smitten, and he's not even sure when it started.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:15 pm

It's stupid how this makes his heart soar. It's beyond stupid to let himself feel this way but he can't help it. He can't deny that there is a lot of joy for him to be doted on like this. Something he'd never really gotten before. It's almost painful to think about what he has to do. At least, for now, he can enjoy this. Everything that comes later...can come later.

He feels better after he's managed to eat even if it feels a bit weird settling in his stomach. He grabs Jude's arm and pulls him down until they're face to face, just inches away from one another. And then he mercilessly ruffles his hair.

"Thanks," he says with a grin.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:20 pm

He's close. He's so close. Even if he plays it off, Alvin is so close to his face and Jude turns a bright red. He only turns away for a moment, then tilts his head up and presses a soft kiss to his forehead before drawing away. He's still completely flushed.

"It's fine." He says softly, still smiling and heart pounding at how daring he'd made himself be.

Last edited by sirenangel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:28 pm

His resolve is weakening every second they're alone together like this. That kiss certainly doesn't help. Not one bit.

"Would you mind helping me to the bathroom?" He asks, "I could really use a shower."

And if his intentions weren't clear enough he grins at him like the lovestruck idiot he is. He knows he's only forcing himself into a situation that's even worse than this one but he can't help it. And he really does need to shower.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:33 pm

Jude's eyes widen and he only turns redder. He really does need to shower, up until they'd arrived at the inn they'd been travelling a ways and the wound definitely didn't help that. But even with that in mind his chest tightens at the thought of that.

"I-I can't wash you..." He stammers, trying to cover his face for some kind of... privacy. "Bu-But I can help you over there..." He weakly smiles. This is beyond embarrassing and he knows it's at least partially because of his kiss.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:38 pm

"Aw, come on," he teases heartily, "I thought you wanted to be a doctor, isn't that part of the job description?"

Alvin is teasing, mostly, but he can't say that a scenario like this isn't quite tempting. Beyond tempting. That's why it's best if Jude declines. But he hopes he gives in anyway.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:42 pm

It isn't as if he's wrong. It is part of the job. But it's also someone he's finding himself more and more enamored with every day. He rubs his neck in thought for a moment, thinking, trying to make the best decision.

It doesn't work. So he helps Alvin out of the bed, supporting his weight almost entirely on his own.

"O...Only what you can't do." He decides, opening up the bathroom door.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:53 pm

Alvin does what he can to make it easier on Jude but supporting his own weight is pretty much a no go. It's a relief to be seated on the edge of the bath and he's amazed at how heavy he's breathing over just that little excursion. Maybe he really did need Jude's help after all.

"Can you run the water?" He asks, not too keen on reaching to do it himself.

He peels off the rest of his blood soaked and sweat caked clothes. It shouldn't make him hesitate, it isn't as if he's particularly shy about nudity, but somehow with Jude it makes his face feel hot. He eventually manages to take off his boxers, too, even if he's slightly red in the face.

Last edited by Axton on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:58 pm

He knows it's simply to help him, and he knows nudity is just a thing that's going to happen, but a stray glance leaves him completely flushed. He runs the water for him with a nod and tries to look aside. What he saw is definitely burnt into his memory, and while normally he'd savor those thoughts here it just feels all too lewd of him to have seen, even by accident. He soaks a washcloth in the warm water and hands it over, though he still keeps his face turned aside, flustered.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Alvin grins at Jude's clearly flushed face despite his face also feeling quite red. He gladly accepts the wash cloth and wipes away what feels like far too much blood for him to have lost to be still alive. It'd a bit disconcerting to say the least. 

He hands it over to Jude to rinse it off. "Can you get my legs?" He looks far too smug about this. "I can't bend over."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Oh boy. He breathes in, and out, and nods, taking the cloth. He rinses it off and takes in a stabilizing breath as he traces the cloth down his leg, his touch light as he cleans him off. He's beyond red now, even if it's clear he really does need his legs cleaned. Watching the blood seep down the drain is unnerving, but it's also easier to look at than Alvin himself.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:33 pm

Alvin desperately wants to tease him but as it turns out seeing Jude in his position is slightly more pleasing than he'd like. Not to mention his light, teasing touch. He clears his throat and says, "I, uh, think that's good."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:36 pm

Well, he caught a glance of it. He rinses the cloth off and fights the ever growing urge to just run away, because he knows Alvin still needs his help back to the bed. His face somehow gets redder, even though it was already pretty bad to begin with.

"I-I'm sorry..."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:40 pm

"D..don't," he says, and somehow this entire thing had backfired on him horribly. Well, he supposed that was what he deserved. "Don't apologize. "

He takes a deep, controlled breath and exhales shakily. 

"Just, ah, can you find me a spare set of clothes from my bag?" At least that would give Jude an excuse to leave the room for a moment. And he could die from embarrassment in peace.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top