A miracle, like, literally.

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A miracle, like, literally.

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:41 pm

"I... wouldn't mind that. Would you let me help you with those?" He offers, rising and pushing in his chair. He also notices the squirming girl trying in vain to get down, then scoops her up and helps her down. She runs straight for a pile of dolls and figures.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:52 pm

Ludger wants to protest and tell him that he's helped enough but he knows Julius will likely argue with him, so he gives in.

"Thank you," he says to him, and then to Elle, "after dishes it's homework time, okay?"
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:50 pm

Julius shakes his head in response and heads to the sink, too, glancing over at Ludger if only momentarily. His hand traces lightly against Ludger's at his side as he brings it up to run the water.

"Ughhh. I don't want to..." The girl groans.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:26 pm

It was an accident, for sure, that's all he can think as he tries not to stare at Julius. He starts to say something but Elle cuts him off.

"I know, dear," Ludger says, "but I'll let you have dessert if you do it, okay?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Her eyes widen. "Okay." Her argument clearly is easily dissolved by sweets.

He starts to scrub at a plate, not quite looking to Ludger. "So... How did you and Elle end up living together?" She looks vaguely like him, but not enough for Julius to be sure.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:40 pm

"It's...a long story," Ludger says truthfully, and he runs the back of his neck anxiously. "Elle was my brothers child, but he...died a year ago. Elle's mother died shortly after. And here we are." He smiles awkwardly. "I know it must be painfully obvious that I'm not cut out to be a father. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I dropped out of school and...well."

Ludger sighs and then realizes how much complaining he's doing and he flushes red.

"Ah, sorry! You don't need to hear all my baggage...!" He grumbles, embarassed.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:48 pm

Even with the worries Ludger has, Julius listened to him intently, nodding softly. He really was all alone with her, he thinks to himself as he cleans the dishes.

"No, no. It's alright. I asked, after all." He turns a little to smile at him. "You obviously haven't given up yet, and Elle is a very perceptive girl. She listens much better than I would think, for how young she is. She's not starving, obviously. She's not sickly. I think you're doing better than you think you are."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:16 pm

"I have a friend with a daughter who helps me out a lot," he says, sighing again. "But I'm glad. It always feels like such a disaster from my perspective."

He's glad Julius isn’t paying much attention to where he's looking because he's definitely admiring his arms as he does the dishes. He knows he should be helping but he also knows he's a bit mesmerized by the fact that for once he isn't doing all the chores.

"Hey, so..." he says, quietly. "...would you like to come over for dinner again sometime?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:19 pm

"You have a lot on your plate. It'd be more surprising if you didn't feel overwhelmed by it all." He teases light-heartedly, rather enjoying the repetitive work. He pauses, then turns to look to him in slight surprise.

"Do you mean it?" He asks, his voice softening somewhat. "I'd lo-like that. A lot, actually."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:21 pm

Ludger smiles but his face feels hot again. "Only if you clean up in exchange," he teases lightly. "You've really been more kind to me than you needed to, I really appreciate it, Julius..."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:25 pm

"Deal. One hundred percent, deal." He grins back, meeting his eyes again. He can feel his own face get red, too. "I don't know about that. You seem like the kind of person who deserves to be happy, so I... wanted to help you. I wanted to see you smile a little more often, maybe."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Ludger is likely entirely red in the face at this point and he turns away.

"Are you staying for dessert?" He asks softly, fiddling with the bracelet around his wrist. "I can make extra."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:40 pm

He's positive his own face is red, too, so he looks aside and sighs lightly to try and relax himself.

"...If you'll have me, I'd be glad to." He wants alarmingly badly to take his hand, to trace over his fingers and pull him into a kiss. But he doesn't allow himself that, yet. Maybe if he could get a chance when Elle was really distracted...
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:48 pm

"Great, once dishes are done, and thank you again for doing dishes, I'll start on dessert," he smiles at him and then moves over to where Elle is occupying herself. "Are you ready to start homework, dear?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:55 pm

She grumbles about it, but the prospect of dessert makes her cooperate and grab the leg of Ludger's pants.

"I guess." She huffs and clings.

Julius idly watches as he cleans off a cup, smiling faintly to himself. He thinks he could probably get used to this. Even in the state he first found it in, the apartment is nice and homey, with these two here, at least.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:03 pm

Ludger fetches her homework from her bag and sets it down at the coffee table where he takes a seat next to Elle.

"Alright," he says, "I'll help you as much as you need, okay?"

Today's homework is a worksheet just wants her to count to ten, filling in a few missing numbers here and there. Elle is smart, scarily so, so it might be too easy for her.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:08 pm

"Okay." The girl scrunches up her face and scribbles in her numbers right away. Her grip is still not very secure on a pencil and her handwriting is very shaky, but she's not often wrong in her answers. She's finished with it pretty quickly and pushes the paper to him. She impatiently looks up to him.

Julius, meanwhile, decides he's going to do a few more before he calls the deed done. He takes the pile he'd found strewn about the apartment and starts on them, though he does watch for Ludger's reaction to the girl.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:21 pm

Ludger lovingly pats her on the head. "Good job, Elle, you got the answers right. What do you want for dessert?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 pm

She beams proudly.

"Ice cream!" Her eyes sparkle as she stares up to him, wiggling a little bit in excitement.

Julius sets what few dishes he didn't get to aside, and smiles over at the two, drying his hands off.

"I got quite a bit done, so feel free."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:40 pm

"What kind? And what on it?" He asks, smiling a her enthusiasm. He really did love her, despite her knack for troublemaking.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:43 pm

"Vanilla. But chocolate syrup!" She pauses when she meets Julius's expectant eyes, and huffs lightly. "P...pretty please, Lulu." She adds, pouting softly. He smiles rather proudly. She really is smart.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:12 pm

Please, Elle actually said please. He glances at Julius wide eyed. He was never leaving. Ludger had made up his mind.

"O...of course," he says, scurrying off to the kitchen. "Ah, Julius, what did you want?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:15 pm

Elle grins at Julius and winks at him. This kid is maybe too smart. His eyes widen and he smirks faintly at her too.

"I'm fine with ice cream too." He says softly, smiling to Ludger instead.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:33 pm

"Syrup, too?" He teases as he scoops out ice cream. Ludger hums softly to himself as he does it. This is the most peaceful the house has felt in ages. He really could get used to this.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:40 pm

"Please." He teases back, leaning on his elbow against the counter as he watches Ludger prepare the dessert. Maybe he could stay just a little bit later, he thinks to himself, as his eyes center on Ludger's lips for not the first and likely not the last time tonight.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top