A miracle, like, literally.

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A miracle, like, literally.

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Julius knows by now he ought to have a car, but he's not very partial to paying for much other than bus fare, so he sticks to the public transportation here. It's always pretty busy but he can usually deal with it with his headphones, anyways, so he's never really had an issue with obnoxious people. Day in and day out he buses to work and doesn't think much about it, besides eyeing a cute guy he sees around once in a while. It isn't as if he'll ever really approach him, but he exchanges glances with him once in a while. His love life isn't exactly... superb, anyways, so it doesn't faze him too badly. It's a pretty regular day, on his terms.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: A miracle, like, literally.

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:28 pm

It's raining, and Ludger didn't even own an umbrella, so he was covering Elle with his jacket and thus getting absolutely soaked. And she was still crying. She was at that stage where she just wailed and wailed and Ludger could never quiet her down no matter what he did and the rain was not helping.

When he finally gets on the bus he takes the nearest seat and lays back, Elle still sobbing in his arms and sighs quietly. He wasn't cut out for this. When his brother had died and left him his daughter he had been overwhelmed but it's been nearly a year and Elle still wasn't overly attached to him. The terrible twos indeed.

He rocks her back and forth in his arms and smooths her hair and everything but she refused to be lulled into anything, not even simply not screaming.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:34 pm

The screaming jolts him out of a sort of trance--heading home always makes him distant and hard to reach, but the kid yelling on the bus certainly does the trick. She's cradled in the guy he'd been admiring's arms, and soaked wet. No wonder.

He manages to catch the girl's eyes and tries to smile warmly to her, and the little thing blinks away the tears for just a second, and then smiles wide. She sniffles loudly, and rubs at her eyes with bunched up hands, wiggling out of the guy's hold and moving to stare at Julius in the seat between them.

"Your glasses are funny." She says, in a little squeaky voice. Julius blinks, shocked in her very sudden change of attitude.

"...Your hat is very nice."

"My daddy gave it to me." She plops down and stares at him. It's an interesting staring contest, he thinks.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:46 pm

Ludger is beyond shocked that Elle has stopped crying, first of all, and second of all that she had attached herself to a random stranger.

He mouths a silent, "thank you" to him, all too grateful for anything that would quiet her. That, and Elle had managed to attach herself to the one guy he saw on the bus all the time that Ludger found horribly attractive. Because of course she did.

"Elle," Ludger says softly as ever, "we shouldn't bother strangers, should we?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:53 pm

"He has funny glasses, Lulu." She says, swiveling a little and looking up to the man seated beside her.

Julius shakes his head softly, smiling over to him.

"It's fine." He mouths back, leaning on a palm to smile at the little girl. "Her name is Elle?" The girl nods sagely, rubbing her red eyes again. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Elle. My name is Julius."

"Juli-ush." She repeats, sort of, stilted in that way kids tend to do. "Juli." She decides instead, leaning against the bar that separates their seats. "Come eat dinner with me and Lulu!" She decides just as suddenly, smiling a wide grin.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:04 am

"It's not nice to say things like that about people, dear," Ludger says and he's clearly a bit exasperated but he tries not to let it color his voice. Elle is just a handful, is all.

He almost dies when she invites this guy over for dinner, though. "Elle, honey, he probably already has plans for dinner." He says, quietly as ever. He mouths another sorry to the poor guy she'd gotten mixed up in all this.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:09 am

Julius gapes for a second. For once in his very uneventful thirty-two years, he's grateful for not having plans, ever.

"No! Lulu, he has to!" She responds, pouting at her newfound best friend.

"...I-I... don't... have plans. I... could..." He stammers, looking aside momentarily. This was a good enough excuse as any. The girl looks awfully smug.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:16 am

"Okay, okay..." Ludger says, patting her head softly. He tried to smile but he was freaking out internally. When was the last time he had cleaned? Had he cleaned once since he'd gotten Elle? The house was a mess, it had to be. He was inviting an extremely hot man into his mess of a house. He prayed his cooking would at least make up for it. He could woo this guy still.

Well, if he was going to be inviting this guy for dinner he might as well properly introduce himself.

"I'm Ludger," he says to him, holding out his hand.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:22 am

Julius shakes his hand with his 'totally nothing wrong at all' patented smile. If it could even get his crazy, crazy ex to relax, it would make anyone relax. Even a frazzled, adorable single dad. Did he just think 'adorable'? Oh God, he did.

"Like I said, Julius. Julius Karcsi." He responds, his touch lingering a little bit longer. "It's good to meet you. Both of you, I mean." He laughs, pulling his headphones off and cramming them into his messenger bag.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:30 am

Ludger mulled over that name for a moment. It sounded familiar but nothing he could place, so he shrugged it off. Maybe he had a famous relative or something.

Ludger is relieved that he doesn't seem to mind that his daughter had just roped him into dinner. The last two men she'd done this to had, somehow, ended up being his friends as well. She had a knack for picking people, somehow.

"Thank you," Ludger says to him for what feels like the thousandth time. He's glad that they're nearly to their apartment complex but dreads it all the same.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:34 am

"It's really fine. I... don't have a very full schedule, anyways." He admits, looking aside momentarily. "I, uh, I can also help out. If you need it." Which it's clear he will. Julius can sense stress from fifty miles away.

"Lulu's food isn't as good as daddy's, but he's okay." Elle pipes in, tugging on Julius's sleeve. "But daddy's not here. So it'll have to do!" He blinks.

"That's okay by me." He gives Ludger a sympathetic look once again.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:43 am

Ludger sighs to himself and scoops Elle into his arms so they can walk back to his apartment. It's stopped raining, at least.

Once they're standing side by side, Ludger is acutely aware that the other man is taller than he is, but also that he's in killer shape if the way his clothes strain on his figure have anything to say about it. Elle sure knew how to pick them, didn't she...

It's a short walk to his apartment but as they walk he says, "do you have any preference for dinner? I can make just about anything."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:53 am

The other man is awfully cute. He's average height, but he's well built, and his features are very fine. Maybe his hair dye is silly, but for whatever reason it only makes him more endearing. Elle sticks out her tongue at him when she catches him looking. He grins a little bit and she does too.

"Oh, I'm not very picky." He says, one hand in his slacks pocket and the other at his bag. "I like tomatoes, though." 'Like' is an understatement, however.

"I hate tomatoes!" She gasps. "Lulu, don't put tomatoes in mine!!!"

"I'm sure he already planned not to, Elle." He pokes her nose and she scrunches her face up.

"Good. They're icky."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:08 am

Ludger smiles softly at Elle's absolute hatred of tomatoes. It reminded him very much of his brother, who likely hated tomatoes just because Ludger liked then so much. Victor had been...an odd man, to say the least. But he had loved bin regardless, and it was still a bit empty without him around.

"Don't worry, Elle, I'll make you something else, all right?" He smiles reassuringly down at her.

As selfish as it is, it will be nice to make something for himself that has tomatoes in it. He's so used to making everything Elle style that he rarely gets to eat what he wants, anymore.

"I could make us pasta margherita, or, tomato omelets, or..." Ludger is practically drooling at the thought of anything with tomatoes in it.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:13 am

Elle nods firmly and curls up in his arms, sighing out a sleepy little sigh.

"Good." She grumbles, but it's entirely unaffected and she seems to be contented anyways. Julius chuckles lightly.

"I love pasta margherita, actually. It's my favorite." He admits, fighting the urge to grin like a child. Favorite, again, was a severe understatement.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:30 am

"I'm fond of it, too," Ludger says, smiling softly a Julius. He really is incredibly handsome. Ludger looks away before he starts to stare.

Ludger braces himself for the mess that is his apartment as he unlocks the door. Mess is an understatement. It's clear Ludger is both overworked and far too exhausted to clean up often. There are toys strewn about and paper plates and dishes and food packages, text books and notebooks and binders and assorted papers are also in the mess.

"I'm so sorry," he mumbles as he ushers him inside. "I don't get much time to clean."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:34 am

Julius surveys the landscape of the apartment, like it's a kingdom of mess, which it might as well be. He tugs off his jacket after a moment of introspection, hangs it up, and rolls up his sleeves and pumps a fist.

"I can handle this." He grins. "You focus on cooking. Just get me a few garbage bags." He's not sure where this sudden urge to help this cute, cute frazzled guy comes from, but he's just going to accept it and help him out anyways.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:56 am

"I, I couldn't ask you to clean up, honestly," he says, and he's bright red from embarrassment at this point. And maybe a bit from eyeing Julius' arms, too.

Ludger take Elle's backpack and hangs it by the door, ushering her to go and play until dinner is ready. He leans down and cups her face. "Now you be nice to Mr. Julius, okay?" He says softly. "Go play until dinner is ready."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:03 am

"Then you don't need to ask! I'm offering." He responds in all honesty, resting a hand on his hip. Elle immediately grabs his arm and hangs off of it. He's a little impressed she managed to jump that high. "Woah now." He laughs.

"Lift me!" The tiny thing commands, and he has to admit she is very light, so it's not an issue. She kicks her legs in the air and cackles. "Wooooah! Put me down!!" She squeaks. He obliges and laughs lightly.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:16 am

Elle sure is something. Ludger smiles despite her antics, patting her on the head. She really was a good kid.

Then, reluctantly, he turns to find cleaning supplies and sheepishly hands them over to Julius. "Please don't trouble yourself to much."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:21 am

He gives a teasing salute and grins, taking the supplies and heading to work. Elle follows right after him, and he pops open the garbage bag and points it out to her.

"See this?" She nods. "You put these plates in there, okay? Can you do that?" He asks, smiling. "It's a game to see who can clean the most." Her eyes twinkle at the mention of a game.

"I'm gonna win!" He smirks lightly and ruffles her hair.

"Remember, these ones." He gestures with the paper plate and hands it to her, who almost slams it into the bag. He heads over and grabs the real plates before she can get to them.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:32 am

Ludger is beyond envious of Julius' ability to handle Elle so well. Did he have kids of his own, or...?

With a sigh he sets about making curry for Elle and pasta for him and Julius. It's more than he expected to be doing tonight but he feels overly obligated to do it now that Julius is helping him clean. And he'd managed to convince Elle to help, even.

He definitely had to keep this guy around.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:41 am

Elle is pretty good at picking stuff up, he thinks, smiling as he watches her go a mile-a-minute. She's awfully cute, and when she gets something to do she seems to get really into it.

"Good job! You're faster than me." Though, that could also be because he's too busy idly looking at Ludger as he cleans. He grins at her and she giggles, bouncing a little bit.

"I'm gonna beat you! So try harder Juli!" He nods firmly as he takes the dishes over to the counter to clean later.

"I think you're right." He smirks again, eyeing the area for more breakables. "How old are you, Elle?"

"Two-an-a-half!" She clearly has it memorized because it's out of her mouth super quickly.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:05 am

Ludger is already amazed at how much cleaner the apartment is. He could just about kiss Julius, if Elle wasn't around he might have just done that.

Dinner is coming along and there isn't much to do but let it cook so he steps away from the kitchen and leans down to pat Elle's hair. "Did you want a snack before dinner, darling?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:10 am

She fights his fingers away from her hair but smiles wide up to him and nods excitedly.

"Yes!!" She squeaks out. Julius chuckles at how quick she responds. He continues to pick up around the area, opting to make a stack out of the binders and papers purely because he has no idea what Ludger would want done with them, anyways. It'd be rude to throw stuff out that wasn't clearly trash.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top