Meet Ugly; Stop Bleeding All Over My Parents Clinic

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Meet Ugly; Stop Bleeding All Over My Parents Clinic

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:32 am

Alvin tries to step away quietly but he sees Derrick eye him and he stops inching away. After a good long awkward conversation where Derrick tells Alvin about a thousand times to stay the hell away from his son, he manages to slip away while he's giving Jude the third degree about his reckless behavior.

He gives Jude a knowing look as he shuffles away, hoping he gets the message. He sure hoped Derrick didn't come after him, or that innkeeper from that fact. Maybe this was a bad deal after all....

Regardless, Alvin headed to his room at the inn and prepared for the trip tomorrow.

In the morning, he sits on a bench near the ship boarding area and waits for Jude to show. If he does show, and part of him hopes he won't. Then at least he wouldn't have to worry about angry parents coming after him.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:49 am

It's a hard night. He's pretty much been chastised all day, not to mention all night too. He's lucky enough Leia was working that night too, to actually get a chance to talk to her about his idea.

"I... was thinking about leaving." He whispers to her as they both clean up the examining room. "For real. Maybe not forever, but for a while." She looks exasperatedly at him and stops her own work for a moment.

"Jude... You know they'll be even madder! You already got into enough trouble, and I... don't wanna think about if you don't come back. They just worry about you keeping safe. They won't be mad forever." She says, her tone genuinely worried.

"The problem is that I don't want to do this forever. It's all I've ever done and I just... want more than just to stay here forever. If I don't go now I feel like I'll never leave."

"...Are you going with that guy? Did he let you get hurt?" She asks, looking him in the eyes. She's seen him before and felt nervous about him, but Jude shakes his head.

"I got scratches. But he took every blow meant for me." He responds, trying to hide the stars in his eyes at the thought. "...I felt really alive." She heaves a long sigh and leans on the mop handle, looking seriously at him.

"You better take care of yourself, Jude. Or I'll come find you!" She smiles warmly to him and he tackles her with a tight hug.

--

It was a tough trial to duck out of the house without being noticed, especially with his pack of things on his back. So he is running a little late, again, but he makes it to the seahaven, panting as he finally gets to Alvin.

"I'm ready! Sorry again..."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:55 am

"Heya," Alvin grins at him and musses his hair. "Let's get on the ship before someone comes after you. Or, me.

"Ever been on a ship before?" He asks as they step on the ship.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:58 am

He thinks he could probably get used to his touch. It makes him blush, even as he nods in return.

"Only to treat sailors... So never when it was moving." He admits, sighing lightly. "I don't get sick very easily, so I'll probably be okay."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:04 pm

"Here's hoping, seasickness sucks," he says with a snicker. "Well, here it is."

Alvin leans against the railing of the ship and looks out over the sea. "It takes a few days to get to Trigleph from here so we'll be sharing a room. Hope that doesn't bother you."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:06 pm

Sharing a room. He might blush a little bit.

"No, it should be fine. I don't take up much space, so I hopefully won't be a bother." He says, twiddling his thumbs a little bit. "...Thank you again." He beams at him.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:12 pm

Yep, this was definitely a mistake. Jude, beaming up at him like that...

Alvin clears his throat and turns away from him. "You're welcome. Oh, almost forgot," Alvin pulls a bag of money and presses it into Jude's hand. "Your cut."

It's a bit more than 20%, but he wasn't going to mention that.

"From now ln, we split jobs 50/50, okay?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:15 pm

If he's going to be honest, he completely forgot about the reward. He smiles wide and puts the money away, looking back to him thankfully.

"Th-Thank you! Are... you sure?" He's a little bit red still--to be considered a partner makes him feel... fluttery. Not a word he'd use to describe his feelings before now, but it certainly fits now. "I'll definitely carry my weight."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:19 pm

Alvin pats his back.

"Yeah, I'm sure you will," he grins at him. "We're partners now, so don't be afraid to ask for anything you need. Got it?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:23 pm

There's the word. Partners. He feels utterly proud. Not a subordinate, not 'incompetent', not 'worthless', not a hindrance or a nuisance. But a real, full-fleged partner. It feels much too good to hear and he has to hold himself back from tackling him with a hug.

"Got it." He says, happily, when he snaps back to reality after a few seconds of basking in the praise he's so unacclimated to.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:26 pm

God, what sort of life had this kid been living before this? Although with the way his dad treated him, he had a pretty good inkling.

"So, I'm gonna go put my stuff away in our cabin, you want to come with or hang around up here for a while longer?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:29 pm

The ocean is beautiful, after all, wide and sparkling, but he shakes his head anyways.

"No, I wanna come with you. There's plenty of time to stare at the sea." He smiles faintly. "I should put my stuff away too anyways."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:34 pm

Alvin had been both hoping he'd come and not. A few days out at sea, alone, sharing a room, and, Alvin briefly hoped, a bed. This would be a gruelling few days but he had better keep his hands to himself if he wanted to live.

Alvin leads the way under the deck and into their room which, lo and behold, has one bed. He tries not to look too pleased by that.

"Sorry, didn't expect company when I paid for the trip," he waves his hand.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:39 pm

"Oh, it's okay." He tries not to look pleased too. In reality he totally looks pleased, face a faint pink as he sets down his pack at the side of the bed, stretching out and sitting at the side of it. "It's a pretty big bed so it'll be okay."

He's very bad at pretending to not be excited.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:45 pm

"Yep," Alvin replies, tossing his bag and his jacket on the bed.

Traveling by sea was his least favorite method of travel. He had never been good at sitting still and doing nothing, much as he pretended to be good at just that. He flopped onto the bed and stretched out.

"Well, make yourself comfortable, it's gonna be a long, boring trip," he says with a sigh.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:49 pm

He flops over on the other side of the bed, stretching his arms up towards the ceiling. The cabin is pretty comfortable, size considered.

"I brought a few books and some stuff to write with, so hopefully I should be okay." He replies, turning just a little bit to smile at him. Every time he does he's reminded maybe a little too much of how handsome his new travelling partner is, so he shies away just a little. As exciting as sharing a bed and journey with him is, he knows he should probably try not to be so forward.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Alvin pulls his GHS from his pocket and checks for messages. Julius asking when he'll be back for drinks, but nothing aside from that. He texts him back when he'll be back and casually mentions he has a partner now. He knows Julius will know better, but what can he do.

"Well I hope you can manage to stay entertained, I'm always bored to death," he grumbles, rolling onto his back and sighing.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:57 pm

He can't help but stare at the spyrix, eyes widening a little bit. He'd heard about them, and some people visiting Leronde for the inn had the stuff with them, but he'd never actually seen one in the flesh before.

"That's a spyrix, right? I... didn't know they were so small." He sits back up and eyes it over with interest. "I've never really seen one before."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:01 pm

Alvin raises an eyebrow and forgets for a second that not everyone had one yet.

"Wanna see how it works?" He offers, flipping it open
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:05 pm

He nods excitedly and scoots a little closer to look at the screen better. It's really small, and the text is really difficult to read. Though, he thinks, it's likely not because of the size and more because of the different styling of the alphabet. He figures he'll learn it over time if he's in Elympios more. He smiles wide at the thought of it, again.

"It's really interesting. What does this one do?" He tucks a strand of hair back and looks expectantly over to him.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Alvin shows him how the GHS works, quickly sending a text to Julius telling him, in more words, to shut up.

"You'll pick up the writing style the more you're able to read it. It's pretty similar to Reize Maxian," he says, watching Jude's excitement at the phone. It's nothing new or wonderful to him but to Jude it's amazing. He chuckles.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:18 pm

"That's so cool. I bet it's a lot easier than mail." He laughs, laying back down. "I'm excited to see more. Maybe I'll get one when we do another job!" He smiles wide over to Alvin.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:22 pm

"It's much easier, trust me," he says.

The way he's looking at him is too cute. He reaches over and fucks with Jude's hair.

"I'll buy you one when we get there, how about that?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:27 pm

He flushes red again, embarrassed by the contact and the offer both. He bites his lip and turns away a little bit.

"I-I... couldn't ask you to buy one for me!" He gapes. "Th-That'd be way too much."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:31 pm

"We need to keep in contact since we're partners now, right?" He insists. "Besides, you can always pay me back if it really bothers you."

He gives him a stupid, lop sided smile.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top