Meet Ugly; Stop Bleeding All Over My Parents Clinic

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meet Ugly; Stop Bleeding All Over My Parents Clinic

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:01 pm

Alvin Vint Svent was a mercenary. That meant nine times out of ten he ended up injured or worse and sitting at the clinic of some unsuspecting doctor who was not expecting to treat monster gashes, sword wounds and bullet holes. This week he had been hunting down the last few monsters holed up in a mine that was planning to be reopened. Even though Elympios had a ridiculous amount of minerals, there were some that were apparently difficult to find except in that one mine. So they had hired him, and it had taken weeks to clear out the mine on his own, but they were cheap and refused to pay more than one mercenary. At least they were paying him well enough for it. Enough to cover the numerous wounds he had sustained throughout the last few weeks.

For about the fourth time he sat in the clinic in Leronde, waiting for that grumpy doctor he vaguely recognized, likely from his days in Exodus before he had wised up and jumped ship after his stupid uncle had gotten himself killed; but not before ripping apart the schism. The doctor hadn't said anything and he had no intention of bringing it up; he wasn't that person anymore nor did he plan on reliving those days. He had gotten what he wanted; to go home. He didn't care about uniting the countries, didn't care about tearing them apart. He just wanted to make a living.

Alvin leaned back in his chair, holding the deep gash across his side and chest with one hand to stifle the bleeding but a pool of blood was quickly forming beneath him. He sure hoped his doctor showed up sooner rather than later.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meet Ugly; Stop Bleeding All Over My Parents Clinic

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:45 pm

It's been a long time coming but it's the first day Jude Mathis is finally getting to work without supervision--his father's strictness got grating after as much as he has to deal with. It's a rough job and while he really does care for his patients he knows it can be stressful, so he tries to keep an open mind when his father is displeased with his progress. So now, he knows for certain to do his best, because the burden of his work is on his own shoulders now.

He's grateful; the influx of patients is surprisingly relaxed and simple problems, no life-threatening injuries for most of the day and he settles into work with utter ease. It's a good way to start working on his own patients, and he's glad to get to help shoulder some of his dad's burden as the only clinic in town.

Of course, that changed when he showed up. This Elympion crazy enough to work in the mine by himself who comes in a lot more than even the most hypochondriac of people in Leronde. Of course, his wounds are always enough to warrant a visit, but it doesn't mean he doesn't wonder about his judgement. He's finishing up with a sprained mana lobe when he spies the man in the seat, mouth gaping. He hurries to him and stabilizes the wound if only momentarily, his brow furrowed tight.

"I am so sorry. I hope you weren't waiting a long time." He says, voice wavering slightly. He really is hurt, he thinks as he helps him up, pulling an arm over his own shoulders and hefting him up a bit to bring him to the room. "Dad and mom are both out, so it's just me today."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:55 pm

"It's no big deal, I've been through worse," Alvin replies but it's through gritted teeth at the prospect of moving. It hurts a great deal even with supporting his weight on the smaller doctor. He doesn't want to crush him, after all. As he's moving, it's suddenly very apparent that he's light headed on top of it all. Probably not a good sign. Better keep talking to hold onto his consciousness.

"Sorry for bleeding all over your floor," he chuckles softly, but that hurts so he cuts it short. He looks at the doctor for the first time as he gets seated on the bed. He's cute. He grins stupidly but that's probably the blood loss telling him that this kid is cute. This kid is likely far too young for him but that doesn't stop him from ogling him despite his best intentions not to.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:10 pm

"It's completely okay. Leia can take care of it in a little bit, when she's back." He explains, as he helps him onto the bed and pulls off his coat gently, trying not to cause him any further pain than he would already be feeling. "Um. Okay. I'm not sure I can save the shirt, but these are easy to handle. You'll be fine." He's mostly saying it for himself, he supposes, but his smile is warm and careful.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:14 pm

"Eh, it's not the first time a cute guy has ripped off my shirt," he says without really thinking it through. He really miss be light headed. He reminds himself that this guy is his doctor first of all, and second of all he's probably half his age. "So I'm gonna make it, doc? That's good to hear; I haven't gotten paid for the second half of this job yet."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:21 pm

Jude blushes darkly as he wets the cloth to clean him up, biting his lip. He sets it aside and helps him pull the shirt off. It seems like a pretty nice shirt, after all, a shame it'd really be wasted.

"W-Well, it, uh." He stammers, eyes darting aside as he gently cleans the blood off the area of the gash. "Y-You should probably be more careful down there. Even Master Sonia doesn't bother going down there unless she really needs something."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:26 pm

"Yeah, yeah, you're just as bad your dad," he protests, grumbling. "I am careful, but goddamn there's only so much I can do on my own. It'd be real helpful if they had even tried to hire me a proper healer, but...well, they didn't. So here I am."

He enjoys the blush that spreads across his cheeks a little too much, not to mention the stammering. Cute. Real cute.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:35 pm

"You're out there alone? Like, completely alone? Well, hold still for a second, okay?" He asks, furrowing his brow tightly as he rests his hands above the gash. He shuts his eyes tight and channels the arte, breathing in and out with the arte and mending the gash. It's a pretty long wound, and it takes a lot out of his mana, but he gets the wound closed all the way after a short while. The arte leaves him panting, and his lets his hands fall to his sides. Any deeper and he would have had to take a break in between.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:40 pm

Alvin let's him do his thing, much as he still dislikes the feel of spirit artes. Never did get used to it. Especially now that he's gotten accustomed to Spyrix.

"Sorry," he says, even as he feels the wound on his chest. Good as new. He's still feeling that blood loss though; maybe best to postpone a descent into the mines until a few days from now. "And, yeah, I've been going down there alone. No more lectures, please, I already know how dangerous it is, I'm a mercenary. Part of my job description."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:47 pm

It's not long before he's recentered and feeling much better, smile still on his lips. He meets his eyes momentarily, biting his lip in thought.

"You should be okay for now, but definitely get some hearty food and plenty of water. And, uh..." He rubs his neck in thought, mustering up enough confidence to ask. "...I could come with you, next time." He reaches into his shirt, and pulls out his pendant. "I have an allium orb, and I know how to fight, and I can watch your back."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:52 pm

"You sure your parents will let you go into a scary mine alone with a shady mercenary like me?" He leans back, grinning. "Maybe we should test the waters and let me take you out for a thank you dinner instead."

He smirks at him, but he may or may not give him a once over. He wondered what sort for weapons he used...certainly was interesting for a doctor to be able to fight, after all. He briefly wandered if he had a killer body under those scrubs.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:58 pm

"Well, I can easily hold my own. Master Sonia doesn't give praise lightly, and she's very vocal about my abilities... They don't have to know, because I'll be fine." He explains, maybe turning red at the idea of dinner with him. "I... I don't know about dinner..."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:06 pm

Don't have to know, huh? Probably not the most encouraging thing he's said so far. He wasn't eager to sneak off to a dangerous mine with someone's kid but he really could use a healer.

"Relax, I was kidding," he stands up and pulls his blood soaked shirt over his head, and then his coat. "I get the feeling that even if I say no you'll stalk me until I leave town, so meet me at the edge of town in two days at dawn. If you don't show, I'm leaving without you. Oh, also, we split the reward 80/20. Sound good?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:14 pm

He got the exact right feeling. He grins a little bit, nodding firmly and clenching his fist. Any reward is more than he expected. He was just getting so bored here at the clinic and needed something, anything more than just sitting here and treating back pains with the eagle eyes of his father on his back at all times. Obviously, if his father found out, there'd be hell to pay, but today had gone well enough he's sure he'll be in a good mood.

"Got it. I won't be late." He says, voice firm and eyes lit up with a sort of childish excitement. "And you won't regret bringing me. I-I'm Jude. If dad hadn't told you." He definitely didn't.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:45 pm

"Alvin Vint Svent," he says proudly, holding out his hand for Jude to shake. He didn't have the heart to mention that his dad had only ever referred to him as "my son", and, on one occasion, "my ungrateful, useless son". Reminded him a lot of his uncle. It was a wonder Derrick even left Exodus with an attitude like that. "See you there."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Jude gives him a firm handshake, smiling widely to him.

"Alvin vin Svent. Got it!" He repeats, trying to remember it well. He really is handsome. A good distraction from the same patients over and over again. He'd have to make a deal with Leia to get her off his back about this, but it would be worth it, he decides mentally.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:59 pm

He salutes and saunters out of the clinic. At least this job got a lot more interesting. Even if it meant potentially ducking out of town before Jude's parents got wind of their son accompanying him to a dangerous mine.

-x-

Alvin leans against a building on the very edge of town, scanning the horizon for any sign of his travelling partner. Maybe he had gotten cold feet after all. Too bad, he had been kind of fond of the kid. He gave him ten more minutes before he up and left. It was more time than he would allow anyone else. He really was eager to travel with him.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:10 pm

Jude is running full clip for the woods, huffing as he makes his way towards Alvin's figure. He had to bargain with Leia to get his gauntlets to even fight in the first place, so it took much too long to get here at all. So he'd stolen a couple of muffins as he left the inn to make it up for being a little late.

"I'm sorry! I... had a fight with my friend over coming, but I'm here now." He sighs, still panting lightly. He adjusts his gauntlets and looks firmly at him.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:15 pm

A martial artist who uses his fists, he? And he was a doctor? What a weird kid. This would be interesting after all.

He pats him on the back.

"Don't worry about it, kid," he says with a slight shrug. "You have everything you need for sure? Might be out the rest of the day, maybe into the night. I've cleared out most of the mine, only a handful of monsters left, but they pack a punch."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:25 pm

He pretends the pat on his back doesn't make his heart flutter a little bit.

"I got everything. Some basic supplies, and some food, too. Just in case. I didn't want to be unprepared." He turns a little bit red and hands over the wrapped muffin. "...I also grabbed some breakfast."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:33 pm

Alvin grins at him and happily accepts the muffin.

"Thanks. You're a real life saver." He winks at him and unwraps his muffin to take a bite. It's delicious and he wants to cry from having a proper breakfast for the first time in ages.

"So, you been in a real fight before?" He asks, eyeing a few monsters blocking their path not too far ahead. "Know how to link and all that?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:44 pm

"Leia--she's the nurse at the clinic, and works in the inn too, and I sometimes gather herbs around here. We're always linked when we go out, and our fights go well, so." He explains, clenching his fist. "I got it covered. I also learned a lot about in-combat healing, so I can help right away. Don't be shy to ask."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Alvin was pretty confident he wouldn't have any issues asking Jude to put his hands all over him under the guise of healing.

"Sure thing," he says with a lazy smile.

They easily cut through the monsters blocking their way, and Alvin is pleased to find that linking with Jude feels natural enough. He's confident and focused in battle, something Alvin could certainly get used to. Beyond that, he was ridiculously skilled with those gauntlets of his. Here was hoping he never ended up on the receiving end of any of those punches.

He ruffles Jude's hair after their fight. "You're pretty good," he says, smiling down at him. "I should've asked you for help earlier."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:57 pm

The affectionate act makes a faint blush spread over his face and he rubs his neck, grinning at him in return. He's worked hard to stay well in shape, and it's probably his favorite time consumer, so he's pleased to find it's working out well.

"Good! I-I mean, I... thank you! I'm glad, we didn't get a single scratch on us." He beams, basically, though still somewhat sheepishly. "You're really strong."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:00 pm

"Well, that's my job, after all," he shrugs slightly but he looks clearly pleased by he compliment. "Being professionally strong."

It's not long before they reach the hole into the mine, the Vicalle Mine, if he remembers properly. It's not really important to him, just as long as he gets paid at the end of it all.

"Last chance to back out," he says, raising an eyebrow.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top