Fractured Dimension F4156A

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fractured Dimension F4156A

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:09 pm

Ludger was alone when he got the call this time. A fractured universe that needed destroying. He knew better than to go at it alone but this time, just this time he would allow it. There was something he wanted to know, something he could only discover if he was alone.

So, he entered the rift alone and found himself in Trigleph station. It was a short but familiar walk to his apartment building. His and Julius’, he corrected himself. It had been so long since Julius had been home that at some point he had begun to refer to it as just his apartment. His chest tightened at the realization.

His keys didn't work in this universe. They had always worked before this, on the few occasions he had dropped by the apartment to check. He frowned and glanced around the hall to ensure no one was around before he set about trying to force the lock. It worked, eventually, although he had more smashed it to pieces than forced it open. He opened the door, stepped inside and then froze.

It wasn't familiar as their apartment.

Was he in the wrong place, or...?
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fractured Dimension F4156A

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:20 pm

He isn't sure what he expects when he hears the dooknob twist and turn as if being opened. Like someone is forcing it, like a key is being shoved in. He isn't sure why he feels this sick apprehension or why he feels it'll be better to let them simply try the lock out a couple times; he can just fix it later anyhow. It won't matter. He has funds to spare.

He waits by the door, by the side, and stares as it opens up. His sword is at the stranger's throat in mere seconds. He twists their arm and narrows his eyes, speaking before he can even get a word out.

"You have ten seconds to explain what the hell you're doing breaking into my apartment." He hisses out, only pressing the sword lightly against his throat to prove the gravity of his words. The white hair of the stranger is certainly familiar, but not enough to warrant familiarity. And even if it were, why bother.

Last edited by sirenangel on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:33 pm

Ludger is rarely caught off guard these days, but once he hears the voice it's no surprise. He had never once managed to best Julius in their sparring sessions, anyway.

He raises his hands in surrender and swallows anxiously. That sword at his neck is mere seconds away from ending his life.

"I thought this was my apartment," he manages to croak out, trying desperately to get a look at the Julius of this universe, to see if that can help him discern what is going on.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:37 pm

The lie is easily one of the worst he's heard, but somehow it strikes a chord with him. He isn't wholly sure why, but even with what he says and what he's done, he feels... well. Something. For the first time in a long, long time.

"I don't believe you. Who are you?" He says, his voice harsh, but not quite cruel. That wasn't his thing. That was Rideaux's. "If I like the answer, I will let you go."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:44 pm

"I'm Ludger Kr..." he hesitates and trails off, mentally kicking himself for letting that slip. "...Kresnik."

He waits, completely still, for his reaction.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:49 pm

A Kresnik. One with a pretty strong presence, too. He lowers the sword only slightly at first, then removes it entirely. He sheathes it and steps back from him, staring down and crossing his arms over.

"...Another Kresnik, hm." He states, lifting an eyebrow in thought. "...Are you an agent? Are you here because Bisley sent you?" He frowns deeply at the other man. He's handsome indeed, and vaguely familiar.

Last edited by sirenangel on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:57 pm

Ludger exhales a shaky breath, entirely unaware of just how tense he was until just then. He slowly moves to face Julius and is alarmed at just how similar he looks. He may as well be the same person. Absolutely gorgeous in all the same, breathtaking ways.

Ludger isn't entirely sure in what way Julius means it, but he knows he's no good at lying, so he simply says, "...sort of."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:03 am

The way the man looks at him is... baffling. Like he's starstruck or some ridiculous other emotion. It isn't as if he's felt any like that, so he has no clue what it could really be. He narrows his eyes at him. Stark silver hair (like Bisley's, he thinks immediately, but doesn't say anything to imply that) with a black streak at the tips, blue eyes that seem too... close. Like he sees right through him.

"Don't give me an answer like that. Answer me right now. I am absolutely not going back." The idea of it repulses him. "So tell me the truth, right now."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 am

Going back. He pieces it together best he can with whatever information he has available.

Somehow, for some reason, Julius had gotten out of Spirius in this universe. Why, he wanted to know why so badly. What had transpired in this universe, he wondered...

"Yes, Bisley sent me," he says, and it's not a lie so he hopes that Julius buys it. It's just also not the full truth, either.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:18 am

Why would he have sent someone other than Rideaux? That man was the only agent able to match him.

"Then tell me why he sent you. Is it to take me out? Or to get me back? Because I don't care about the money and I don't care about the project." He clenches his fist tightly and glares at him.

Somehow he doubts this, even, is the whole truth. With a very easy once-over he notices he is indeed an agent; armed, signet pin in his lapel, standard twin swords. Eerily similar to his own. He wonders if this means what he thinks it does. And then what should have clicked finally does.

"...Why did you know to come here? This place wasn't known to him."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:25 am

Ludger averts his eyes at the questions, not knowing the proper answers to any of them and suddenly regretting his decision to have ever come here.

"...I told you, I thought it was my apartment," he says softly, refusing to look at him. Any moment, any moment this Julius could decide to kill him. His story didn't make sense and he wasn't Alvin; bullshitting his way out was out of the question. "...I'm sorry."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:29 am

Julius pinches the bridge of his nose. This was going to be a difficult day.

"Go sit down. Now, Kresnik." His own last name sounds foreign when applied to this kid. He's an adult, certainly, but adults don't lie, tell an evasive truth, then go back to the lie again. He's a kid in his eyes, no changing that. He forces him in and slams the broken door shut.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:40 am

Ludger had never felt more obedient in his entire life. He seats himself in the corner, hands on his knees, taking up as little space as possible.

He has to get up to speed about this universe quick or things weren't going to end well. From what he could gather, Julius had left Spirius due to some reason or another, and Bisley wanted him back. And, as far as Julius knows, he was an agent sent to take him back. He could bullshit that much, probably... probably.

He peers around the apartment, which whilst being the same layout, did not resemble theirs in the prime dimension in the least. Ludger suddenly felt very alone in this world.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:47 am

Whoever taught him clearly taught him manners, but not how to properly lie. It's almost endearing how quickly he sits down. Almost. All the same, he heads to the kitchen and eyes it over. It's sparse, but lately with his need to keep himself scarse he's been stocking up. So while he might be completely garbage at cooking in general, he's at least got instant things.

"When did you eat last?" He sighs, shaking his head. "You're an agent, certainly, but you're talking like you're some lost hungry thing." He eyes him. He is awfully skinny. If his concerning thought is true... well. He isn't sure he can face the truth of that.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:52 am

Julius cares for him, even though in this universe he doesn't even know him. His chest tightens painfully at the thought. They really were connected, tied together, no matter what had transpired previously in any universe.

...but the thought of Julius cooking for him makes his nose scrunch up and he hopes Julius doesn't notice because it must seem like he's being ungrateful, but in reality, he's just far too aware of Julius' inability to take care of himself. Maybe this universe's Julius was different, but even as he thought that he eyed the counter and realized that was most certainly not the case, not with all of the instant food lying around. His eyes rest on a large basket of tomatoes and he has to hide his smile by looking away.

Different universe, alarmingly similar Julius.

"I can cook," he offers, his instincts not allowing him to look at how weird it was to see Julius in the kitchen and not say something. "If...that's less trouble."

He wasn't some lost and hungry kid, but if Julius wanted to believe that, he wouldn't stop him.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:08 am

Even with his offer to cook Julius fetches him some water and hands it over, looking down at him to try and parse some sort of information about this kid. He's lanky, and a little bit tall, but not past his own height. Skinny, but well cut. Even as an agent he's not taking care of himself.

"...You're my guest, but I suppose you could. I'm... not very good. Never bothered to try anything besides the simplicities." He sighs. If he could really feel embarrassment anymore, he would here, no doubt, but frankly it's just a flat feeling. "Do you have a family? Do you cook often?"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:26 am

Ludger tries to hide his complete and utter delight at being able to cook for Julius again, because it surely made no sense to this Julius, but ultimately he was no good at it, and if this Julius was anything like his own, he could read him like an open book, anyway.

This kitchen was clearly neglected, but Ludger could make do. It reminded him of what Julius' kitchen had looked like before he had taken over and kept it well stocked with fresh ingredients.

"I have...a girl I take care of," he says, and he's wholly unwilling to admit to having a brother. "I cook as much as I can. It's a hobby of mine."

Had things been different, it may have been more than just a hobby.

Pushing such thoughts from his mind he goes about organizing the kitchen, just a bit, to his liking and then surveying for ingredients. It's enough for pasta margherita, he realizes with relief. Who knew if it was Julius' favorite in this universe or not, but Ludger sure as hell was in the mood for it after all that had happened, if nothing else.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:40 am

"A girl, huh." He says, furrowing his brow and taking a seat at the kitchen table to watch Ludger bustle around as he sets up the food. It's been a very long time since he's used anything besides the cooking spyrix and frankly he doesn't even have a very good grasp on that yet. With time, he hopes.

"How old are you, Kresnik?" He asks this time, resting his chin on his palm. "Do you live in town or did you come from somewhere farther?"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:45 am

"Twenty," he says immediately, without thinking. He's far too busy getting everything set up for cooking. "This is my hometown." He hopes that answer suffices, at least for now.

As the water boils, he turns to look at Julius and really takes in his features. At first glance, he looks just like his brother. But he's slightly more gaunt, and the dark circles under his eyes are worse. Still alarmingly handsome, though, and after a while he averts his eyes.

Without a second thought he says, "when was the last time you had a proper meal?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:59 am

He narrows his eyes and shakes his head at the thought.

"It's been a while. Going out isn't something I have the luxury to do." The boy did seem to be from here; his clothes fit the area and he seemed to be Elympian rather than Maxian. "I have a lot on my plate." Not a whole truth, but one that works for now.

Since leaving Spirius it's been nothing but evasion and trying to keep his home safe. The apartment is shabby now, certainly, but it's better than hiding out somewhere they would expect. And it's not as if he's got people to care for so the landlord looks past most of the concerns of housing him. As long as she's given her rent.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:11 am

When was the last time he had gotten to properly take care of Julius? It filled his heart with delight even if it was a stupid thing to be thinking about. Before he destroyed this world, he could at least give this Julius a bit of happiness.

"You should still eat," he insists, frowning slightly.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:18 am

"I'm well aware of what I should do. Since when were you my mother? When you broke into my house?" He frowns sullenly. "I can't understand anything about you. If Bisley wanted me dead he would have sent Rideaux, and if he'd wanted me back he'd have come himself. You don't make any semblance of sense to have been sent!" He rubs his brow and tries to think about it.

Unless... unless he's an agent. The idea is... horrifying. He tries not to dwell on it because that hurts much worse.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:36 am

"I..."

I'm not your mother, I'm your brother, he thinks to himself and looks away.

"I'm just doing my job," he says softly. It's the truth, after all.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:38 am

"Then tell me your job, Kresnik. Now." He insists, almost glaring up to him.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:50 am

Ludger freezes, knife on the cutting board, tomato in hand.

"...I'm an agent, with Spirius," he says, slowly, not turning around. "Bisley sent me here."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top