Fake Dating? Fake Dating.

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fake Dating? Fake Dating.

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:40 am

It takes a deep breath for Jude to re-center himself and he nods, resting his own hand on Alvin's. Even if he wasn't alone in theory, he'd always felt like maybe he was alone in how much this all weighed on him. As much as he wished he could shoulder it for everyone... it was nice to know Alvin was still hurting too.

He wonders, with shame, if Alvin loved her too. Or maybe loved her more? Jude never really managed to place what his love for her really meant, but maybe Alvin had?

He tries to avoid the thought process.

"I know. It's just... I hate doing nothing. It makes me antsy, and we don't even know how much time we have left."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:59 am

"We'll figure it out," Alvin says and there is no doubt in his voice whatsoever. "I know we will."

He sighs and retracts his hand, but not because it felt too intimate, he tells himself. Certainly not for that reason.

"So, take your mind off things and enjoy tonight, okay?"
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:03 am

Easier said than done, but... Alvin believes in him, and his work and it's a relief for him to hear it. He rests his own hand aside, at the pretense of feeling the soft leather of the seat idly.

"I'll try. I'd hate to make you regret taking me here." He admits, rubbing his neck. "...Because it's genuinely so beautiful."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:19 am

"Come on, I couldn't ever regret getting to spend time with you," he smiles at him and shifts in his seat slightly, looking out the window of the train. "We hardly even see each other anymore."

There's a good reason for that, Alvin thinks despite himself, and it's because I'm still miserably in love with you.

Before he can stop and tell himself that he can't possible still have feelings for Jude, there he is, thinking such stupid, awful things.

This really had been a mistake, a horrible one, being trapped on a fake date with a guy he really was in love with, who was certainly not in love with him.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:23 am

His words make him blush, though it's light, and he knows the reason they don't. He wishes he didn't, but he does.

"I wouldn't mind seeing you more often." He can't believe those words actually came out of his mouth. In a strange twist of fate his own words are the ones that make him the reddest. "...I-I mean.... I... miss you." Well, that sealed it. Good job, brain, he thinks, covering his mouth. There was no other way to interpret that, especially not when he looks like a human tomato saying it.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:31 am

"I..." Alvin glances back at him and snaps his mouth shut. He looks about as red as can be. It makes his heart leap into his throat but he manages to wrangle it back into place in no time. It wasn't fair how absolutely perfect Jude was, and then, him in comparison...

"I missed you too," he says and the words feel strange to be admitting aloud. "Well, who says that this has to be the only fake date we go on, right? I'm sure Balan will try to pressure us into more, so we can just use it to hang out some more."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:36 am

Hearing the sentiment returned warms his heart and makes his chest tighten a little bit.

"Absolutely!" He responds, nodding his head quickly. No. It's a terrible idea. It's painful enough to be on one when he knows Alvin doesn't feel the same, but at the same time more time spent with Alvin sounds like the best possible thing. "I-I mean, yeah. It'd be a really good way to keep them off our cases and... then we can actually see each other again."

The real, honest enthusiasm at the idea is hard to stifle.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:43 am

Alvin smiles and he can feel his heart thud painfully against his ribcage. It's such a bad idea to be setting up more fake dates when this one is bad enough. But it made Jude so happy, how could he not? Even if it meant swallowing his feelings, even if it meant enduring the pain of being around him, he would do it because Jude deserved a break from his work every now and then.

Alvin had spent 26 years lying to himself, what was one more year?

"Next time, you can pick the date," he teases light-heartedly.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:48 am

Jude has to physically stop himself from looking longingly into his eyes, because everything he was doing just made him fall for him worse and worse. He wishes he had the resolve to say no, but... he was still selfish after all the time.

"I'm really not good at date ideas... I'd never even been on a real one before this." He admits, still as red as ever. The reason was obvious; when it came to romance he wasn't exactly skillful, but even when others asked he would still dwell on Alvin.

God, he wants to tackle him with a kiss.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:53 am

"Ah, right," Alvin looks a bit too smug for his own good. This was Jude's first date, fake as it was, and he had the pleasure of being the one Jude was going out with. Fakely. Not for real, he reminded himself, once more. "Just think of this as practice for the real thing, then."

Alvin leans back in his seat, folding his hands on his lap. "I've been on a fair number of dates, so if you want any pointers, now's the time to ask."

Or, he thinks before he can stop himself, if you want advice on anything else pertaining to romance, I could always give you a hands on demonstration.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:57 am

All Jude can think about is how even if he'd grown a little bit, Alvin was still perfectly sized to hold him in his lap. Of course, that's a horrible thing to think about, and he definitely catches himself staring and daydreaming just a little bit.

"Huh... um..." He snaps back to reality. "O-Oh. Well... it's not so much dating I'm worried about... more actually telling someone how I feel." He explains, rubbing his neck.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:04 am

Seeing as how Alvin was having less than savory thoughts himself, he doesn't even catch Jude staring at him.

"Ah," he says and he thinks of Milla, briefly. "That part's easy. All you have to do is get them alone, no distractions, and just. Tell them how you feel. I'm sure anyone you confess to will say yes. It's you, after all."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:08 am

Easy, he says. There they are now, no distractions, alone, and he can't even say a word about how he feels. The idea of him rejecting him is horrifying.

"...I don't know. I... think I lost my chance." He admits, looking away. "...they might have felt the same way a while ago, but I... couldn't be brave enough to say a word. I don't even think I'm brave enough now." He stares at him again, almost begging to be caught.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:16 am

"Jude..." he says softly and then, "I'm sure M-"

Alvin is cut off by the loud sound of his GHS ringing. He checks it and then sighs and says, "hold that thought, Yurgen needs me for something."

He stands and exits the small room into the hallway where he walks Yurgen through how to share contact information on the GHS for what is probably the thousandth time since they started their business together. Yurgen tried, he really did, but he did not have a knack for the new technology quite yet. He was getting better, but not great. After a few minutes he snapped his phone shut and joined Jude back in the car again.

"Sorry about that, Yurgen...Well, he's Yurgen," he explains, shrugging as he takes his seat.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:24 am

The second before the call, Jude immediately gets it. Alvin thinks he's talking about Milla.

The way he loved her was certainly love, sure, but... not in that way. Not like he feels about Alvin. When he thinks of Milla, he thinks of a rolling stone, someone who has their own priorities and can never be compromised by the routine of another person--an ideal. He loves her for the person she's made him become.

But Alvin is real. He's a human, and he's made mistakes, and he's fixed those mistakes and changed and grew for it, and even when Jude thought he'd leave him alone this entire year when his research consumed him he still didn't. He was a GHS away. Even when he was busiest, he'd still send texts to encourage him.

And he thinks Jude is in love with Milla. That stings.

He chokes down the surge of feelings and smiles.

"I understand. He'll get it some day."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:32 am

"Here's hoping," Alvin sighs, a bit exasperated at having to baby Yurgen like he does. It's not his fault; even for Reize Maxian he was a bit of a traditionalist so it made sense that it was such a culture shock to be suddenly expected to understand all of the amazing technology that existed in Elympios. Yurgen had clung to him like a child when he'd first had to ride a train, and subsequently gotten very sick and Alvin had been the one to awkwardly pat his back the entire time. Yurgen deserved that, and much more, for giving Alvin this shot at an honest living. "But I owe Yurgen a lot, so I guess it's the least I can do.

"Anyway," he says, looking back to Jude. "What were we talking about?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:36 am

"He's a good guy. He'll figure things out in no time, and I know he appreciates you." He still smiles to him, but he feels... pained. He wants to say it. But what if he's wrong? But all he wants in the entire world is displayed out in front of him, and he's where he'd dreamed of being, and if any time is the time, it's now.

Instead, he shrugs, and rubs his neck again.

"Don't remember."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:44 am

"Me neither," he says and shrugs back. "So, I've been meaning to ask, Balan isn't too much trouble for you, right? And he's not...he isn't telling you all sorts of things about me, is he?"

Alvin furrows his eyebrows at the thought of Jude alone with Balan for extended periods of time. Of course, they probably mostly just did work but the idea of Balan being around Jude made him nervous. Balan never was good at keeping his mouth shut.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:46 am

His heart skips a beat. All sorts of things, yes.

"Yeah, he... doesn't tell me much." He lies. "He's studious, even if he's... super weird." He laughs a little. That was still an understatement. His eyes wind up focusing at Alvin's mouth for probably the fortieth time today.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:49 am

Alvin eyes him suspiciously. Did Jude, Jude of all people, just lie to him? Oh God what sort of shit had Balan been telling Jude? He really was going to stop going drinking with him.

"You sure about that?" he asks, crossing his arms over his chest.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:53 am

His eyes widen slightly and he turns faintly red, and shakes his head.

"He just... told me stuff about when you were kids." He tries to explain, but it's not quite the whole truth. "Like about your cat."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:58 am

Alvin felt his face flush red.

"Oh, which part, uh, exactly...?" He asks cautiously, frowning deeper. So many embarassing stories about that goddamn cat.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:01 pm

He smiles a little. "When you broke your arm running after it..." It's true that he's heard that story, but hoped Alvin wouldn't push further. "I think it was kind of sweet. You really loved that little guy."

Last edited by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:06 pm

Alvin shifts in his seat, looking out the window.

"Yeah, well..." he mumbles, embarassed. He was such a dumb, oversensitive child. "That had better be everything he told you, or so help me..."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:09 pm

"And the time he got soaked in rain, and you felt terrible for him..." He leaves out the crying part. "I bet he forgave you. He came back, after all."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top