Alvin Can't Keep His Mouth Shut

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alvin Can't Keep His Mouth Shut

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:35 pm

Alvin hadn't seen Jude in upwards of two months now but he was kept up on his research whenever he managed to donate some amount of money under his fake name, which with every month became more and more as his business did better and better. Jude didn't know, but that was for the better because Jude would surely freak if he knew. Never being able to pay him back, etc. It was the last thing he wanted.

Both their lives kept them incredibly busy and after the business with Ludger, they had both been busy with Elle on top of it. She bounced between everyone's houses but as she has gotten older she had tensed to prefer Alvin's or Jude's just by virtue of their being too busy to always keep on eye on her. Which was precisely why Alvin was always trying to keep her away from his house because whenever she was around she either found a way to get into trouble, which was automatically Alvin's fault, or she managed to get him to buy her whatever she wanted, which was also his fault.

Most recently, she had managed to do both. She was 13 now, which meant she had a newfound interest in both boys and girls and it had somehow managed to fall to Alvin to explain things to her because Rowen had somehow managed to back out and by the time she'd gotten to Alvin she'd asked everyone short of Jude. And Alvin couldn't let her only birds and the bees talk come from Jude. It had went about as well as anyone expected but somewhere along the line Alvin might have sort of let it slide that he used to have some sort of attraction to Jude and Elle had immediately jumped on it and hadn't let it go yet. He had nearly died when she requested Jude's house as her next stop and had managed to convince her to stay with Rowen instead, somehow

But that had been two weeks ago and who knew where she had managed to bounce off to in that time.

Alvin just hoped that, if she managed to see Jude, she had kept her big fat mouth shut because the last thing he needed was an awkward night of drinking.

Now he just had to wait for Jude to show up, late as ever because likely he had gotten tied up with work or forgotten, or maybe he wasn't gonna show. Alvin took it upon himself to order a drink for himself while he waited. If Jude showed, great now he had calmed his nerves, if not, he could forget about it and go home.
Axton
Admin

http://nocishetsallowed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Alvin Can't Keep His Mouth Shut

Post by sirenangel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:58 pm

When your research is going slowly, you notice ANY money being sent in. Especially when it grows like this person's money did, over time getting into serious amounts he's not sure how to accept. The latest gift almost made him cry, and Balan and Mary had to pat his back and bring him back to the real world. The progress is going well, especially with all the grants they're obtaining and this donator's aid. It's hard work still, and he may or may not be having trouble actually sleeping like ever, but that's not news. Not good, certainly, seeing as he's 21 this year and he's already starting to feel like an old man, but not news. He tries to eat better, at least, to try and counter-balance things. Elle is always worried about him, and he's almost a little worried about himself. But he doesn't really have time for that, not yet.

So in order to appease the child (who was growing to be less and less of a child every day, considering she was hitting on everything that walked) he stayed at his apartment for once in his life. She was talking about something or other involving romance and then Alvin's name came up. He wasn't expecting what he heard, for sure, and she seemed pretty proud to finally have divulged that tidbit, judging from the look on her face.

So now he was going to go drink with a man he'd completely brushed off romantically without even realizing it. So that was going to be fun. He sits outside with his head in his hands for around twenty minutes before he even goes inside, and even then he runs to the bathroom and washes his face off to waste more time.

Smooth as ever. He's wasted about 40 minutes doing absolutely nothing when he finally sits down next to Alvin and orders a light beer.

"Hey, sorry for running late." Age brings many things, like the ability to not sound totally terrified by your own emotions.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:28 pm

"Hey, wasn't sure you were gonna show," Alvin teases him but his tone is light as ever. He grins at him and pats his back. "So, how's it been, kiddo?"
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:31 pm

"Good. Bad. Kind of all over the place." He admits, shrugging. "The materials are really pouring in, though, I'm shocked at the support we're getting." He grabs his beer, taking a sip. "I'm definitely grateful, though. How are you?"
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:16 pm

"Hmm, yeah?" Alvin tries not to look super proud of himself as he takes another long sip of his beer. "Good. Business had been good, and getting better."

Alvin tries not to stare at Jude but he can't help himself. He's not the same Jude he used to know, but then again, he's not the same Alvin, either. Jude has matured in these last five years. Alvin reminds himself that his puppy dog crush on Jude is all in the past but that doesn't stop him from admiring the view.

"Have you gotten enough sleep, lately?" He asks, eyeing the dark circles under his eyes.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:23 pm

"Yeah? That's fantastic! I'm glad for you." He really wants to look him over, see again how he's changed, but he'd rather not get caught doing that just right now. Maybe once he and Alvin have had enough to drink that things don't get noticed as easily. He looks aside and takes another drink of his beer, trying not to laugh a little bit mournfully.

"...I could say I have been, but you'd see right through that." He knows how transparent he is, alright. "I'm just really keenly aware of how much time we have left, you know? I have to push myself or... it'll be for nothing, and spyrixes are just gonna kill spirits again."

Jude definitely had a thing for Alvin back in those days, he thinks. He was too young to do anything about it, but the feelings were there. Meeting Ludger, though... Ludger was something else. Even though they'd only ever kissed, Jude felt so cared for and adored when Ludger was there. And then, all too suddenly, even though Jude understood it had to be done, he was gone. As quickly as they'd met.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:29 pm

"You'll manage," Alvin promises him with a smile. "You always do. You're kinda special like that. In the mean time, you need to sleep, or you'll never let your brain work it's magic. I can't belive Elle hasn't been on your case like she always is."

Alvin signals for another beer, his usual. He's no lightweight but something about drinking around Jude causes him to relax more than usual. That's just sort of the influence he has.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:33 pm

"Oh, she definitely has been." He laughs, shaking his head at the idea of Elle and trying not to feel incredibly flattered at his belief in him. "She stayed over the other night and practically dragged me by hand to the bed. She's definitely Ludger's kid, because she knocked me to the ground." The name kind of stings, but he's smiling anyways.

Better a good memory than a sad one. Leia told him that the week afterwards. He and Elle held each other and cried for hours and hours on end. He stifles those feelings and takes another swig of his beer.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:43 pm

"Hey," Alvin says softly and he places his hand on Jude's arm. "I know..." he begins to say that he knows how Jude feels but he isn't sure that's true. He's never had to heart to confirm his suspicions, either because of his own feelings for Jude at the time or because he just didn't want to pry, but he had an inkling or two about their relationship.

"Yeah, she's definitely his kid," Alvin settles for that sentiment instead.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:52 pm

He'd completely forgot he'd only ever told Leia about them. It died with Ludger and sputtered out like a stifled fire between himself and Leia, like all of his secrets tend to do. He decides now is as good a time as any to admit it, finally, to someone who wasn't Leia.

"...We, ah. We were... sort of involved. We'd only ever kissed but," He starts, then takes a drink, feeling so apprehensive of admitting it here. His voice is soft, and low, and only Alvin could hear it over the backdrop of the bar. "...he felt like home."

"...I'm better now, but it still hurts sometimes." For once in the five years since, he's being honest about it.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:56 pm

"I...kind of figured," Alvin says quietly and he's still smiling but it's sympathetic now. "I'm sorry. I know..." Alvin hesitates and thinks about Presa for just a split moment. Sure, it was more complicated but... "I know how that feels."

Alvin pretends his grip on his glass isn't just a bit too hard.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:01 pm

Jude can feel his own heart throb with a pang of empathy. It's been six years, but it doesn't make anything that happened then any less painful. It's slow, and careful, but he loosens Alvin's grip on his glass and rests his hand on Alvin's.

"...Even if I'm busy, even if it's late... You can talk to me. I'd even like it." He offers a smile, though with Elle's words fresh on his mind and the alcohol starting to take it's effect on him ('lightweight!' Leia would laugh, seeing as he's had 3/4ths of a light beer) he's definitely slightly red from being daring enough to touch him himself.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:09 pm

Alvin sighs softly and forces himself to stop tensing up. Six years and still full of regrets. If only...

Alvin stops himself there. He's not allowed to think like that anymore. He promised himself.

"I'm sure Yurgen would welcome me not calling him at 4 in the morning anymore," and Alvin doesn't elaborate on that point before he also says, "so maybe I'll take you up on that offer sometime."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:13 pm

Jude squeezes his hand even if his feelings become muddled because of it. He takes another drink, and nods to Alvin.

"Good! I'd actually really like that." He admits. Maybe those feelings aren't so far gone. "...We gotta stick together."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:16 pm

Alvin ruffles his hair affectionately. "You're a real lightweight with your alcohol still, you know that." He teases.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:17 pm

"Hey. That's pretty rude." He responds with a pout, finishing off the bottle and ordering another of the same. "I'm comfortable with what kind of drinker I am." He offers a coy smile.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:23 pm

"Well, that's good because you're a cheap drunk, kid," he teases still. "Not that I'm gona complain."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:25 pm

"And I've been told I'm a pretty cute drunk." The time on his birthday Muzet brought him spirit wine with Milla's regards was certainly... a time. Though maybe, he thinks belatedly, he should have worded that better. Instead he just takes another drink to shut himself up.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:29 pm

Alvin rolls his eyes.

"Yeah yeah, you're real cute," he decides to humor him, just this once.

He really is cute, though. Now more so than ever. A bit older, grown into himself. Still short, he never did grow much taller. Alvin stifles a chuckle at the thought. He would probably still have to bend down if he were to kiss him. Which, he reminds himself quickly, he doesn't want to do.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:34 pm

Jude gives a faux-offended look, but bursts into laughter before he can even do much else. "Elle is always saying I'm not manly enough for my age. I think I've matured pretty well." He rests his chin on his palm. "...It's not like I'll ever be like Gaius. Or Rowen, or you." He sighs. "Kids are so cruel."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:40 pm

"Aw, you've filled out, though," Alvin reassures him. "Your boyish charm is, well, your charm point."

He pretends he hasn't thought about Jude's boyish charm more than he should have.

"Elle doesn't mean it, she's just. Well. Elle."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:44 pm

He blushes just a tad bit, rubbing his neck in embarrassment. "Aw." He teases, trying to pretend he's not actually kind of affected by it.

"Well, it's not like she knows, so I'm not bothered by it. It's just funny." He shrugs, then takes another drink. "...Thirteen already."
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:47 pm

"Yep, she's...she's growing up too fast," he says with a sigh of exasperation. "Ah, did I tell you? She asked me about sex the other week. I had to explain it and everything and..." he sighs again. "This is one of the reasons I never wanted to have kids."
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirenangel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:50 pm

He bites his knuckle in terror at the idea of explaining that stuff to her. So Alvin really was the one who it got shoved onto. He pats the other man's back solemnly.

"...I'm so sorry." And it's then that his drunk mind puts two and two together. Alvin had slipped up. He'd talked about love and sex and he'd... brought Jude's name up. This was recent, too. It meant he still thinks about him. That makes his heart pound. "I'd wanted kids... but..." That was just to show his dad he could be good at that, too. Now that he has to care for Elle that want has kind of petered off.
sirenangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Axton on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:55 pm

"You're young, there's still time to settle down and start a proper family," Alvin says. "And, I love Elle but she's the closest thing to a daughter I'll ever come. Elize was close enough." He chuckles at how much she's grown, too. Sometimes, he still teases her and her face still turns bright red. She swears up and down she's forgiven him fully at this point but sometimes he catches her eyeing him suspiciously when he's talking to Jude or Leia and he feels a twinge of guilt again.
Axton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top